You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What's the most annoying advert ever?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 07:52 AM   #41
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
It doesn't really here either. That Relacore ad just made me want to kill my TV and then that Head On ad popped up. I hope it doesn't become a trend.
HeadOn. Apply directly to the forehead.

The makers of HeadOn make Relacore, I think? They also make something for piles, which has an equally repetitive ad (but thankfully does not sponsor Jeopardy so we're not subjected to it many times in 30 minutes).
Old 09-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #42
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

We've got this stupid car commercial where two ladybirds are having very, very wild sex in the car, making the car hump, and ppl. in the streets react to the humping. Then we se the two ladybirds hit the window (witch is full of damp) and slide down and then there's text saying HET(hot) and then it becomes nyHET(new), and then the ladybirds are at it again..

The funny thing is, the thing that ennoys most about this commercial is that the ladybirds isn't having sex like insects do, but lie on top of eachother like ppl most of the time..

I'm trying to tape it, it's just hard to get the beginning, because I never know when it comes..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 10-07-2006, 04:16 AM   #43

Anybody around here who likes discussing adverts really ought to join the AdLand community. Great fun, and a lively group.

http://commercial-archive.com/

It's really for people who work in advertising, but it's open to any interested parties. You can browse for free, but to watch the videos you need to subscribe. It's only 5 euros a month, which is peanuts.

Favourite AdLand posting ever:
http://commercial-archive.com/127355.php
Old 10-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #44
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies View Post
Favourite AdLand posting ever:
http://commercial-archive.com/127355.php
Hee what the hell is that? British too! I dread to think what magazines it's appeared in. :~

I'm sorry to say that the Esure/Cillit Bang remixes mentioned earlier in this thread are still haunting my dreams. If I was an ad man I'd book entire commercial breaks and play them over and over on a loop... it's probably a good job I'm not an ad man.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:12 AM   #45
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Not sure why, entirely, but I hate those 5 seconds ads they have in EVERY X-Factor break... the Nokia "Lover man Jabber" ones. AARARRARARARRGHGHHG!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:32 AM   #46
Lovable rogue

I can relate to that ^

The more they play them, the more they grate on me.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #47

Another contender:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyhvH...elated&search=
Old 10-24-2006, 02:14 PM   #48
Under pressure.

I pledge that the latest Best Buy commercials are crap.

I pledge! I pledge! I PLEDGE! Blah blah blah!

--Erwin
Old 12-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #49

I like the WKD adverts... like the one with the drill where he does the robot dance? Funny.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 PM   #50
Retired Buccaneer

Currently my vote is for the Enzyte ads. The ones with the ultra-annoying whistling and the guy with lockjaw.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeaf View Post
Worst add I can think of, which I'm quite sure is worse than anything mentioned before is the hummer add with the slogan "reclaim your masculinity".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4ZkYPLN38
Here it is, except they apparently toned it down a bit for later runs, replacing the idiotically arrogant line at the end with one that just makes no sense.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #52
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

I think it has to be that stupid Disaronno commercial.

I haven't lived in the US for nearly 2 years now so it probably isn't still playing...it's the one where a bunch of 20 and 30 something yuppies have met at a trendy bar for a night out....a creepy looking yuppie woman asks the sleazy looking long haired, 80s style bartender for "Disaronno on the rocks." He looks impressed. He does some fancy bartender stuff. Then the announcer warbles on about "...ahhh...the smooth, sensual taste of Disaronno..." ...except he doesn't say "sensual" I SWEAR he says "SEXUAL".... I listened time and again, but the dude says "Sexual"...Subliminal message perhaps? Then the woman finishes her drink...the bartender starts to take her glass...she puts her hand on his arm and slowly shakes her head...then she takes an ice cube and starts sucking on it suggestively....then the sleazy 80's style bartender slowly smiles a secretive "I've got a hard-on and no one knows it but me" type of smile.
It's just icky.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #53

There's a few really annoying ones that I've seen recently. A Mountain Dew ad with Chuck Norris, an iPod dancing commercial to some rock song, and some car commercial with a song from a musical.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #54
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
I think it has to be that stupid Disaronno commercial.

I haven't lived in the US for nearly 2 years now so it probably isn't still playing...it's the one where a bunch of 20 and 30 something yuppies have met at a trendy bar for a night out....a creepy looking yuppie woman asks the sleazy looking long haired, 80s style bartender for "Disaronno on the rocks." He looks impressed. He does some fancy bartender stuff. Then the announcer warbles on about "...ahhh...the smooth, sensual taste of Disaronno..." ...except he doesn't say "sensual" I SWEAR he says "SEXUAL".... I listened time and again, but the dude says "Sexual"...Subliminal message perhaps? Then the woman finishes her drink...the bartender starts to take her glass...she puts her hand on his arm and slowly shakes her head...then she takes an ice cube and starts sucking on it suggestively....then the sleazy 80's style bartender slowly smiles a secretive "I've got a hard-on and no one knows it but me" type of smile.
It's just icky.
In the newer ad the yuppie woman slyly shows the bartender that she can tie a cherry stem in a knot with her tongue.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #55
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Quote:
In the newer ad the yuppie woman slyly shows the bartender that she can tie a cherry stem in a knot with her tongue.
AAARGH!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #56

I don't know if they have these in other countries, but the most irritating and annoying ad(s) ever ever ever ---- are clearly ads for washing clothes in a washing machine. On TV of course...

In Denmark, where I live this mainly due to the fact that these ads clearly are dubbed from the original German (I think). And so, we get women (mostly)
starring at washful of clothes and looking real 'dumb'. And then a man's voiceover are saying ---- trouble washing clothes --- try this detergent or that new washing machine...

I think 90% of the Danes agree that these ads are very very annoying ---
Old 02-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #57
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
We've got this stupid car commercial where two ladybirds are having very, very wild sex in the car, making the car hump, and ppl. in the streets react to the humping. Then we se the two ladybirds hit the window (witch is full of damp) and slide down and then there's text saying HET(hot) and then it becomes nyHET(new), and then the ladybirds are at it again..

The funny thing is, the thing that ennoys most about this commercial is that the ladybirds isn't having sex like insects do, but lie on top of eachother like ppl most of the time..

I'm trying to tape it, it's just hard to get the beginning, because I never know when it comes..
We have that one here in Germany too.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #58
Under pressure.

There's this Volkswagen commercial with a kid mimicking the sound of a car. The kid goes like "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA" for a very, very, very long time without breathing until he starts getting a red face.

I don't even know what it means, I guess it's about not having to shift, or something. (Although I don't know what's so special about an automatic transmission)

--Erwin