You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Free daily online comics from Icon (Marvel)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 03:06 AM   #1
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL
Default Free daily online comics from Icon (Marvel)

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77532

Quote:
NEWSARAMA.COM and the comic book creators collectively known as “MOB” – David Mack, Mike Avon Oeming and Brian Michael Bendis – are pleased to jointly announce that Bendis and Oeming’s Eisner Award-winning creator-owned series POWERS, and Mack’s creator-owned KABUKI, will both be reprinted in their entirety as daily, serial, FREE comic book strips on Newsarama.com. POWERS will debut Monday, July 24th, KABUKI in the following weeks.

Debuting in 1994 at Caliber Press, and later published at Image Comics, KABUKI is currently published at Marvel Comics’ ICON imprint. Earning Mack multiple award nominations over the years – including an Eisner nomination for Best Painter – the series is known for its innovative storytelling, painting techniques, and page design. Published in seven different languages, over a million copies of KABUKI comic books, trade paperbacks, and hardcover editions are in print in the U.S. alone.

Launched as a monthly Image series in 2000 and winner of the 2001 Eisner for Best New Series, the bestselling POWERS is also currently published by Marvel’s ICON. Nine trade paperback editions of the series along with a POWERS: SCRIPTBOOK are available for sale at comic book shops and bookstores, and for order through online retailers.

POWERS tells the story of two detectives – Christian Walker and Deena Pilgram – as they investigate superhero related murders.

Starting with Volume 1, page 1, each weekday a new POWERS DAILY page will appear at http://comics.newsarama.com/powers, and then stored in an easily accessible archive so fans can read the released pages as often as they like, or so new fans can start at the beginning of the groundbreaking series at any time.
Though I've never read Powers, I know that Brian Michael Bendis is a terrific writer from reading his mainstream comics New Avengers, Ultimate Spiderman and the last run of Daredevil. Kabuki I have read, and it is amazing. In my opinion, David Mack is the greatest comicbook creator working today, bar none. And it's free!

It'll start (with the beginning of Powers) on July 24th at comics.newsarama.com.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:12 AM   #2
Not like them!

Now that I think about it, Kabuki isn't exactly well-suited for the daily format. Well, I'll have to wait and see how it works out.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
Not like them!

Okay, I know no one around here cares about good comics (), but I'll tell you anyway that they started posting Powers yesterday.