You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #81
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
Hang on. If he's missing he can't be the lead character. Some forumite would have to take the lead role while all the other forumites were the supporting characters.
I didn't mean he would be the main character, he wouldn't even have to be in the game. I was thinking about a RPG-like character generation system, only much simplified.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:41 PM   #82
merely human

Hello. I'm back, after a fashion. DaSilvsie told me about this thread. Looks like you've been having too much fun behind my back.

I've been away, getting a life - that is, one away from here. After a while I began to feel I didn't have much anymore to contribute, and most of my posts weren't satisfying by me - less substantial, less thoughtful. I was particularly getting sick and tired of not having any real world friends, the kind I could have coffee or cocktails with in person, physically laugh with, physically hug. Most of my friends are in other cities. The older you get, the more difficult it is to make new friends, especially when you move to a new town. And you find many of your old friends slipping away one by one.

As much as I love being here, at AG with you all, my physical world was suffering. After all, we're not made of circuitry and digital signals, we're instead all about real emotions, states of mind, and tactile flesh and blood. I can only take so much communicating and expressing through typing and hitting the 'send' button. I really miss hugging and being hugged.

So I've been trying to meet new people. I've been going on dates, it's been interesting. I spent a long weekend in San Francisco visiting two of my best friends (one of whom happens to be my niece) and had one of the most knee-weakening rapturous times of my life. One of my oldest nephews has just become a father, making me a grand-uncle. I'm settling in more at my job at the museum, but I'm still keeping an eye out for something better.

In short, I've been living my life, that aspect of it I can never ever live online. One does not earn wisdom and a sense of being alive by being shut away in a room watching the world go by on a screen. I don't expect to be here as much as before, but will certainly post here and there.

Thanks, guys, for being thoughtful. Thanks, bulldog, for the compliment. And Mory, you're an immature withered prick, but not without some redeeming charm, I suppose.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-26-2006, 05:37 AM   #83
Schoolgirl From Hell

*hugs*

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 08-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #84
merely human

(((((saucy)))))

How was your summer? Did you and squaresie get to do everything in Malaysia?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #85
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
(((((saucy)))))

How was your summer? Did you and squaresie get to do everything in Malaysia?
If by everything you mean eachother.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #86
merely human

Yeah. That too.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:29 AM   #87
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Yeah. That too.

you are a naughty boy..... now slide over you are hogging the space I want to hear the "details" too.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 08-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #88
merely human

Whose details, mine or saucy's?
Old 08-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #89
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I love your new avatar.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #90
Life and times of...

Do you know? Do you really? Is this true love? Love at first sight? What will come out of the love of man and pixels?
Old 08-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #91
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Whose details, mine or saucy's?

either..... you can share yours if you like

Old 08-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #92
merely human

I cawn't. I'm at work. I'll tell you more when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastuffmuddin
I love your new avatar.
French kiss it.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #93
Life and times of...

Or how about your saucy details?

Or maybe I should just stay out of this...
Old 08-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #94
is not wierd

I listened to that album at Virgin a little bit. Sounded pretty good, but I would expect nothing less from (one of) the guy(s) behind the Northen Exposure series.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #95
Second Degree Black Belt

[QUOTE=Intrepid Homoludens] I cawn't. I'm at work. I'll tell you more when I get home.

woo hoo I cant wait .......

Old 08-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #96

Quote:
I was particularly getting sick and tired of not having any real world friends, the kind I could have coffee or cocktails with in person, physically laugh with, physically hug.
Are you feeling better now? I'm going through the same thing myself. Just out of college, looking for a job, and nobody to be with right now. I know things can and will get better, but I'm still feeling down for the time being.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #97
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:

French kiss it.
You know I'd rather french kiss you.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:31 AM   #98
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:

French kiss it.

You know I'd rather french kiss you.

well, well, things get so exciting when I go to bed..... did I miss anything? Dasilva, did you get to french Trep? If you did, do it again so I can see.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:38 AM   #99
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Are you feeling better now? I'm going through the same thing myself. Just out of college, looking for a job, and nobody to be with right now. I know things can and will get better, but I'm still feeling down for the time being.

don’t worry things will pick back up for you. I'm always good for a good laugh. I'm a stay at home mom and I have a 3 yr old and I keep a friends baby during the day while she works...... by the end of the day my hair will standing on ends kind’ a like this....

Old 08-27-2006, 11:28 AM   #100
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Los Angeles can be quite a hard place to make new friends. Right now I'm simply meeting people online and doing coffee dates with them. It's difficult for me because I'm not yet in a state where I can go places regularly where it's easy to socialize (I don't mean bars). It also has much to do with compatability. As far as I know L.A. doesn't have much of a reputation for intellectuals, artists, and such. At least, not like I remember Chicago, New York, and San Francisco to be.

Thus I decided to spend more time looking for friends here than cooped up at home all the time slouched in front of my laptop.

Thanks for asking. Don't worry, as with many other things in life, these things ebb and flow.