Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   A little heartbroken... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/158-little-heartbroken.html)

saucyminx 09-17-2003 12:13 PM

A little heartbroken...

So yesterday I had a bad shock. I wasn't home the whole day as I was busy running errands. And even if I managed to pop home, it was to drop my sister home from school. During the rush, I barely even noticed that Starbuck (one of my kittens) was nowhere to be seen, but I dismissed the notion because the cats have a tendency to curl up somewhere totally hidden for catnaps.

Anyways, late evening after we all got home from dinner with relatives (with this particular bitchy aunt I really hate :(), I went straight upstairs to retire only to rush back downstairs when I heard my dad calling me from the garden, sounding frantic. I peered out of the window, and my dad was grim-like. "I have bad news," he said. My heart just went totally cold.

And sure enough, we found poor missing Starbuck. She drowned in the pool. I have idea at all how she managed to fall into the pool, since our cats generally avoided the pool area. We assumed she may have tried to drink or something since the day was really really hot and she must have slipped and fell. I don't want to go on with assumptions. I couldn't help but let loose some tears. I know it's so silly to be weepy over a cat, but Starbuck was the baby of the family. She's the smallest and the most fragile because of an accident a couple of months back. I can't help but thinking that if I had spent maybe some time trying to look for her and made sure she was safe inside the house, she wouldn't have drowned. I don't know.

Zygomaticus 09-17-2003 12:27 PM

I'm terribly sorry to hear this, Mira.

I've never know what it is like to lose a beloved friend, but I know it's more than just a sad feeling. :sad:

((((Mira))))

SamandMax 09-17-2003 12:29 PM

I'm sure Starbuck is up in cat heaven, sipping from coffee at a Starbucks.

I'm presuming Starbucks has also taken over cat heaven, like it's taken over earth.

Intrepid Homoludens 09-17-2003 01:31 PM

Oh. My. God. I'm so sorry, Mira, so sorry. My sympathies to you.

And please don't ever think it silly to weep over a pet's passing. I cried for weeks after my Moss died. He was my best friend, my partner in crime. Even today I still have occasional dreams about him. That's how much I loved him.

remixor 09-17-2003 01:34 PM

I have never experienced this particular situation, but I imagine it must be very painful. It's not silly at all to be weepy. All I can do is offer condolences and hope you feel better about the whole thing soon.

GreenJeanz 09-17-2003 04:32 PM

I'm sorry Mira.. :\ *hug*
If there's anything I can do, let me know.

emma 09-17-2003 04:37 PM

Oh mira, that's horrible! You must be feeling awful! Having a pet is not much different from having kids, emotionally. Even if a choice between a pet and a kid is pretty given, it still is a big deal. I'm so terribly, terribly sorry. ((((mira))))

DomStLeger 09-17-2003 10:13 PM

Aw I'm sorry Mira, it's terrible to loose a pet :(. I'm sure she had a lovely life living with people that obviously cared for her so much.

Ginny 09-18-2003 01:36 AM

:\ Oh, mira, I am truly sorry for you, I know sorta how it feels, my previous dog had epilepsy. I was very young though. ((((Mira))))) You should never feel silly for weeping over any pet, I know I wouldn't. :sad:

Moosferatu 09-18-2003 03:05 AM

:\

I'm sorry, Mira...

I can't even imagine how terrible you must feel.

((((Mira))))

LauraMac 09-18-2003 04:52 AM

Oh No, That does hurt so bad. :sad:

I don't think there was anything you could have done, cats are such free spirits...sometimes they just fly too far. Hang in there...

Kolzig 09-18-2003 06:05 AM

It's always sad to lose a pet or relative.
And there is no reason to think that it's silly to cry for a cat or any animal.

I know I cried when my first dog died.

twifkak 09-19-2003 03:56 AM

(((Mira)))

Don't even think about blaming yourself. I won't hear of it.

Firefoot 09-19-2003 09:22 PM

(((((((((Mira))))))))

Really horrible news for you... And please don't blame yourself, although you will never know for sure, Starbuck was probably out for a while...
Man, I know that it feels horrible to loose a pet...

(((((((((Mira))))))))

Titan 09-20-2003 09:03 AM

Condolences extended while wondering bout the event itself. Perhaps the pool has a Ray-O-Vac or some such snake-like instrument which periodically helps clean the pool? Occasionally a bowing in the line causes the filtering of water to be directed out and above the surface of the water or can even cause the line to loop around itself with a knotting effect. If your cat's head was too close to the water and got it's head stuck in the loop..., well this might explain some things.

James 09-20-2003 09:14 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. Chin up.

saucyminx 09-20-2003 11:27 PM

Oh gosh golly thanks. I had no idea you ppl would actually care this much. I'm overwhelmed. But thanks so much for the sweet words. I'm ok now. Although I don't think I'll be taking a dip in the pool anytime soon...

SamandMax: You made me laugh with your statement.