You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Introduce your pets.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #101
Stalker of Britain

Ah. There's a limit of 5 pictures to attach.

Okay; last one.

The last picture is of our dog, Shadow. She's a girl (the rest were male). I've never really been close with Shadow, but I like her. She's awfully skinny now, too, and she's been around almost as long as Max. She likes being petted.

Speaking of my animals, it's got me really meloncoly. I really miss Max, and I hope he doesn't die before I can come home again.
Attached Images

Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #102
tsa
Playing character

Beautiful pets Fantasie! Thank you for sharing.
Before Annabel I had a goldfish. I had her/him for, I think, 7 years or so before she died. I started a long thread about that back then.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #103
Stalker of Britain

Aww, I'm sorry tsa. To have a pet that long must have made you really close to him/her. You didn't know which it was? What did you name it, then?
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #104
tsa
Playing character

I don't know which it was, no. You can't see that with goldfish. I called it Fish (Vis in Dutch), or Vissevis (Fishyfish in English). My mother made a beautiful painting of it that now hangs above my dining table:

It actually are two paintings, so you can hang them the other way around so it looks like the fish is following another fish.
Blatant plug: more of my mother's stuff here.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 AM   #105
Stalker of Britain

Wow, that's a gorgeous painting, tsa!

And after bringing up my pets, I had this dream that I had a bird again that I was keeping meticulous care of, and we were declawing one of my cats, etc.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:37 AM   #106
tsa
Playing character

Oh juch, declawing cats is mean!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #107
Second Degree Black Belt

Fantsy- Love the animals.......... I love the kitties....... oh and the dog too

tsa- love the painting Your mom soes beautiful work

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #108
tsa
Playing character

Today was the big day for Annabel and Jens. I took Annabel to the rabbit shelter, and she and Jens were put together in one large area that was specially made for 'coupling' as they called it. Everything seemed to go OK with the two rabbits. There was no fighting, and they were both interested in each other. So I took them both home in the car and put them on the floor.
For about 1.5 hours they walked around a bit. Annabel was clearly scared of Jens. She would come to him, touch her nose to his, and run away as fast as she could. Eventually they both layed down, as far apart form each other as possible. Well, actually Jens was OK with everything that happened to him; it was Annabel who kept her distance.
After a while I wanted to go to the supermarket, so I put both rabbits in Annabel's cage. Annabel didn't like that at all! She was so scared of Jens, who just wanted to get to know her, that she grunted loudly at him and used her paws on him. Fur flew in every direction. I opened the cage again and Annabel shot out of it like a bullet. She didn't know how fast she had to hide under the couch.
Now I had Annabel scared under the couch and Jens streched out lazily in her cage. That was an undesirable situation. So I made a makeshift cage for Jens, and made sure Annabel could get into her cage again.
This evening I brough Jens back. The poor guy. He is a very sweet rabbit, much easier to handle than Annabel. I hope he finds a new owner soon.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #109
Lazy Bee

Won't you consider having Jens in a cage of his own? Maybe Annabel gets more comfortable with another rabbit around in time.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #110
tsa
Playing character

Using two cages should not be necessary according to the people who work in the shelter. Maybe I will try Annabel and another male in a month or so.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #111
Second Degree Black Belt

awww..... tsa Im so sorry that Annabel's love intrest didn't work out...... l had very high hopes for her........ oh I do hope you try another male and I hope she falls madly in love

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #112
Stalker of Britain

Aww, I'm sorry it didn't work out, tsa. Jens seemed pretty cool and laid-back.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #113
tsa
Playing character

He certainly was laid-back. He pretty much didn't mind anything that happened to him. He was well brought-up too: he came when I called him (twice!), and he seemed to know his name.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #114
tsa
Playing character

Today I went to the animal shelter again. This is Kees (pronounce 'case'):

Kees is an ex-male, en only 4.5 months old. He's been castrated a week ago, which means he can still impregnate Annabel during the coming week. Therefore I borrowed an extra cage from the shelter and I will keep Annabel and Kees separated for the coming 1.5 week. This gives them the time to get used to each other more slowly before I put them together. They are quite interested in each other:

Annabel has licked Kees already (but she also has scratched him with her paws), and Kees makes little 'gn gn' noises to show her he likes her.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #115
Lazy Bee

They look adorable together!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #116
tsa
Playing character

They do, don't they? Kees feels like a sack of bones when you pick him up. He won't when I am ready with him! He has to eat and run for a living!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #117
Stalker of Britain

Aww, they look so cute together, tsa! I'm glad she likes him!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #118
tsa
Playing character

Yeah it's so different from Jens! Annabel keeps coming back to Kees, and they touch noses and Kees goes 'gn gn..' It looks good!
Old 10-04-2009, 03:55 AM   #119
tsa
Playing character

This morning I had both of them together out of the cage. They quickly hid behind a speaker box, and Kees tried to impregnate Annabel's head . When he got off her I pushed him to the ground gently so he could not correct his mistake, while Annabel rolled around on the floor in enjoyment.
I now have the two cages as close together as possible. They sure enjoy each other's company! The only thing that worries me a bit is that Kees doesn't eat his food. He does eat straw, and he drinks, so he will be OK, but I'd like to see him eat his other food too. He does eat the green leaves I just gave him, so he won't starve.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #120
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
The only thing that worries me a bit is that Kees doesn't eat his food. He does eat straw, and he drinks, so he will be OK, but I'd like to see him eat his other food too. He does eat the green leaves I just gave him, so he won't starve.
I think he's got other concerns, like a hot bunny in the cage next door.