Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Introduce your pets. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/15237-introduce-your-pets.html)

Jelena 06-03-2006 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
(Why the question mark?)

I'm asking myself the same.:crazy: There's no question at all that he's handsome!:)
I've edited my post.

Panthera 06-03-2006 05:43 AM

http://groups.msn.com/vielskerdyr/le...hoto&PhotoID=1

^Click the link to see my pet..
That is my family's cat: Amunda (we didn't give her the name). She used to be my responsibility until I moved.. WE adopted her from an animal welfare center when she was a kitten. She's now 11 years old..

Her colour combination is quite rare, and she has several interesting marks, like a heart on her back, and a collar around her neck and tail..

Oh, and if you click neste/next you can see pics of my now deceased rats; Smitt and Smule and my Grandmothers cat; Kattinka

Jazhara7 06-28-2008 12:12 PM

As you might remember, our dear Cuno died earlier this year. The one that probably missing him the most was my mother (though of course we missed him too), and though we had planned on not getting another dog, a few months ago she suddenly showed me an article in the newspaper about a Animal protection group which try to find owners for dogs that are ownerless right now. The article mentioned a Dobermann called Paul, and that had her interested.

She was a bit disappointed at first by the fact that it was a brown Dobermann, and that his ear and tail were docked, due to his first owners having been American Soldiers stationed here in Frankfurt (docking ears is no longer allowed in Germany, and has been since around 1996. Same for docking tails, except for dogs of ones working in forests and other environments where they have to get through thickets and where a long tail can easily get hurt.). They had actually brought the dog with them from the US as a puppy, and got him educated by a German trainer when here. When they left, they couldn't, or didn't want to take him with them. For a while, he had been with new owners, but that ended when the man in that group of owners assaulted poor Paul with a Katana. Considering that, he's amazingly friendly, even if he does seem to sometimes think you're about to hit him, in which case he sometimes snaps defensively at you. But we're training to have him see that we won't hurt him any longer. But still, he's surprisingly friendly despite those little problems.

So here is the little cutie:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8909/paul2hl3.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9616/paul1pr7.jpg

What do you think, Jelensie (and everyone else too, of course)? Is he cute, or is he cute? ^_^

The neckcloth came with the dog, by the way. :D Also, even if his ears are docked, they sometimes flop in the most cutest way. Especially when walks. It just makes you melt, it's so adorable. ^_^

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RLacey 06-28-2008 02:44 PM

I'm not sure that you can really describe him as a little cutie...

Melanie68 06-28-2008 08:17 PM

Awwwwwww. He's gorgeous! Why do people feel they can smack Dobies around? :( My second job as a vet was in a small animal practice. One of the vets there also worked at the city animal shelter. She and her husband adopted a big red/brown Dobie who had been abandoned after someone had broken his leg (it was likely a drug house). He was not too trusting either, but eventually got better. He was never good around kids and they never let him be around any.

Anyway, Paul is gorgeous! I know he'll get very pampered with you.

Giligan 06-28-2008 08:50 PM

Wow, that's a really big... dog.

MoriartyL 06-29-2008 04:26 AM

Here's a picture my sister took of my beloved Pussywillow:
http://i28.tinypic.com/29bh8hs.jpg

DustyShinigami 06-29-2008 06:28 AM

Here's our 2 Jack Russell Terriers, Fizz and Tango, both 5 and both a pair of clowns. :D

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5...izz1mu2.th.jpg

As terriers, you can imagine how yappy they are and they have an annoying habit of running and barking down the garden at nothing. :P Both are incredibly mardy, constantly tease each other when they have treats and charge about like wild children. Fizz (on the left) has this thing of climbing up on the back of the couch, so she's behind you, and placing her neck on your face. She even performs combat-crawls along the floor. Sometimes she reminds me of a cat with the things she does. Heh, she even purrs lol.
Fizz belongs to my lil' sis and Tango belongs to me. Tango's the rowdy one who loves to play ball and he's the first to let everyone know when there's someone at the door. He's just a funny bugger. We've had them since they were pups and were the last in the litter. Got Tango for about £80 and Fizz for free means she was the only one remaining. They're our first dogs (well, not my mum and dad's) but they're not our first pets. Before, we had a cat called Daisy. But she died quite a few years ago now at the age of 17. We've had quite a few pets when we had the cat: chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, a hamster, a budgie... stick insects, :P sea monkeys (if you can call them pets). The dogs have been the best so far though and i've wanted one since i was a kid.

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/229...aby2tm4.th.jpg

Tango as a pup.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/658/fizzgs7.th.jpg

"I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeVille."

tsa 06-29-2008 09:57 AM

Half of my pet is in my avvie's picture. The other half is on another picture. Sadly, the goldfish died early last year.

Jelena 06-29-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 473268)
What do you think, Jelensie (and everyone else too, of course)? Is he cute, or is he cute? ^_^

:) Jaz, he is beautiful!
What does Cora say about he new brother?

@Mory
Your cat is adorable. Seeing cute cats like her makes my cat-longing even worse. :frusty: ;)

@Alucard
Those are two handsome Jack Russels. It seems all the Jack Russels I've ever met are yappy and defensive of their territory.

MoriartyL 06-29-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 473394)
@Mory
Your cat is adorable. Seeing cute cats like her makes my cat-longing even worse. :frusty: ;)

It's a him. Sorry, I should have said that. We call him Willy for short.

DustyShinigami 06-29-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Those are two handsome Jack Russels.

Thanks. :)

Quote:

It seems all the Jack Russels I've ever met are yappy and defensive of their territory.
Aye, that's just the way they are i'm afraid. But, at least we shouldn't have to worry about anyone trying to break in. They'll soon think twice. :devil:

Not A Speck Of Cereal 06-29-2008 08:20 PM

http://notaspeckofcereal.smugmug.com...79177092_WVUdH

tsa 06-29-2008 08:40 PM

Nobody likes my goldfish ;( :frown:
And I had so much fun seeing him (or her) swim around in his aquarium.

SSH 06-30-2008 12:42 AM

My daughters refer to their Spore creations as their pets, although we have 2 real goldfish, too.

Jazhara7 06-30-2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 473451)

*hugs* I like your goldfish. I just didn't have a chance to comment on it yet. *hugs some more*

Jazhara7 06-30-2008 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey (Post 473290)
I'm not sure that you can really describe him as a little cutie...

Ah, but we also used to call Cuno the little one too, and we also call Paul the little one now. ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68 (Post 473313)
Awwwwwww. He's gorgeous! Why do people feel they can smack Dobies around? :( My second job as a vet was in a small animal practice. One of the vets there also worked at the city animal shelter. She and her husband adopted a big red/brown Dobie who had been abandoned after someone had broken his leg (it was likely a drug house). He was not too trusting either, but eventually got better. He was never good around kids and they never let him be around any.

Anyway, Paul is gorgeous! I know he'll get very pampered with you.

Thank you! I'm glad you like him. Paul seems to find approval from all sides, even complete strangers. I've walked past people in the street with him, and heard them saying "Whoah, that's a cool dog", or "Now, that's a nice dog" (guess the age of the people saying each of those. :D ). Kids, Teenagers, Adults and Seniors, all love Paul! ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giligan (Post 473315)
Wow, that's a really big... dog.

Well, he's a Dobermann Pinscher, not a Miniature Pinscher.

The Miniature Pinscher is not a toy breed, by the way. I mean, you wouldn't call a Dobermann a toy breed either, right? I think the German name, which translates as "Dwarf Pinscher" is better, because "Miniature" always makes people think of "Toy breed", I think.

Quote:

:) Jaz, he is beautiful!
What does Cora say about he new brother?

I think she's a bit jealous at times. For example, she usually doesn't eat those tooth cleaning bones (Denta Rask, I think) by Pedigree Pal. So when my sister found one left over, she grabbed it. My sister thought, she'll drop it somewhere again, like she did before (that's all she ever did with those bones). However, later we discovered she actually buried it in the garden, which is something she had never done before in her life. Just because she *knew* that Paul would get it. :P

But she also learned some new tricks from Paul. For example, after she saw Paul ripping off and eating the new Bamboo shoots growing out of the middle of the lawn, she first seemed to scoff at the silly new dog, but not soon after she started doing the same, and now you can regularly see them chewing on bamboo shoots. They like the stuff so much we have to keep them from biting off the bamboos shoots close to the actual plants. We want to keep those, but the ones in the middle of the lawn they can eat if they want.

bulldog 06-30-2008 12:46 PM

Jaz- I love your Dobie. I had one growing up, and out of all of the pets I've had in my life, he was my favorite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 473451)

*pats tsa on the back* poor tsa, I love goldfish. My favorites are the bubble eye goldfish, they are so cute :D

tsa 06-30-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 473471)
*hugs* I like your goldfish. I just didn't have a chance to comment on it yet. *hugs some more*

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog (Post 473554)
*pats tsa on the back* poor tsa, I love goldfish. My favorites are the bubble eye goldfish, they are so cute :D

Thanks dears. :kiss:

deep32 07-02-2008 08:53 AM

Hi

I want to have a little kitten as a pet but my mom always says me not to do so.:\