You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Introduce your pets.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #221
Freeware Co-ordinator

Not a new picture but a little tale.

Wednesday night.
I catch my cat up on the worktop in the kitchen. She is, of course, not supposed to be up there but that doesn't stop her, no matter how many times we tell her. However, she only normally goes up there when there is food to be had. We had recently found her licking the butter (Mrs Urhan was previously under the impression that cats don't like butter) so that is now in a sealed container. I am mystified as to what she was after.

Thursday night
I am going to fry some sausages, so I reach up to the cupboard to get down the olive oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Urhan
You don't need to do that, there is some in this ramekin right.......oh.
Mystery of the Wednesday night cat solved. Mystery of why Mrs Urhan persists in believing our cat won't eat anything that is left out still pending.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #222
Lazy Bee

Bessie is an interesting cat.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:16 AM   #223
tsa
Playing character

Smart too!

I just came home from a weekend in the West, to find that Annabel was so bored she tore all the papers in the cage to bits. Poor thing. I had asked someone to take care of her and Klaas, but that person thought that I would come back yesterday. Anyway, K&A are now running happily through the house and the garden again, so no permanent harm done.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #224
It's Hard To Be Humble

Lucky is an interesting panther. He goes through periods where he wants nothing to do with us, periods where he demands all of the attention he can get, and periods where he is virtually feral. The photograph above (of Lucky snuggling with my wife) is sort of a new development. He has long been of the misconception that my wife's desk is in fact HIS desk, and that he merely allows her to sit at it because it pleases him to do so. His SOP has always been to sit or lay very near to her, but not actually in physical contact with her.

However, in the last little bit, he's begun doing things like what you see above. I would mark it as an aberration, but my wife assures me that this is becoming a regular thing with him. Words fail me.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #225
tsa
Playing character

He looks very content Lee.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #226
tsa
Playing character

Mr. Rabbit arrived today for a two-week stay while his boss is on vacation. Klaas hates him so he has his cage on a table next to my couch. In that way they can't fight and Mr. Rabbit still can see everything that is going on in Maison Tjerkstra.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #227
Second Degree Black Belt

very cute tsa............. I love the close up on his little face

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 08-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #228
tsa
Playing character

I knew you would Bullsie

Klaas didn't want to go into his cage tonight to impress Mr. Rabbit, and I had to show him who's the boss around here. I hope he learned from it.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #229
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I knew you would Bullsie

Klaas didn't want to go into his cage tonight to impress Mr. Rabbit, and I had to show him who's the boss around here. I hope he learned from it.
teehee............ so cute I'm glad you showed Klaas who is boss, I know that those bunnies will run over you if you dont have a firm hand That is why I cant have bunnies, I would take one look and melt and my hard outter shell would melt away.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #230
tsa
Playing character

Annabel is relaxing under the table, one of her favourite spots.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #231
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Annabel is relaxing under the table, one of her favourite spots.

How cute. ^^

I too am remembering how nice it is to have a rabbit. Since I have only one of the two we used left (called "Lucky"), I moved him to a normal cage, instead of the huge 6 m² cage we had built them. Due to that I now have a much more direct contact with Lucky, and he's grown a bit less shy. He even awaits me every evening when I give him food, and takes the carrot flavoured treat directly from my hand.

My sister's boyfriend always chastised me that I was not taking care of my bunnies well enough. Truth is, he was the only one who said that, as everyone else was aware that bunnies, unlike dogs and sometimes cats, are not normally searching the presence of humans, even if you can get them used to that (as Annabelle is a perfect example of). Neither thing is a bad thing, but trying to force your presence on a bunny that is used to live a bit apart from humans (due to being in a huge cage and thus only occasionally having contact with them), is pure stress for the little fluffballs.

One of the reasons why he claimed the rabbits needed more attention and more contact with humans, because apparently he was once bitten by little Lucky. Take note that Lucky always was the shy one and also less dominant of our two bunnies. Speedy, the female (somehow it's always the females with our bunnies that are the leaders), was the brave one. Also, my sister's boyfriend was really the only one *any* of our bunnies ever bit. I really don't know why, because he doesn't treat them badly or anything. But it makes me grin everytime, because even though at that time Lucky was more shy and reclusive from humans than he is today, he still sometimes found the courage to come near me when I was cleaning the cage. I guess he just couldn't stand my sister's boyfriend. He is rather annoying with his attitude at times about how he thinks he always knows better.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #232
tsa
Playing character

It is remarkable to see how rabbits can like one person and not care for the next person at all. I still don't know what heir criteria are, but I do know that I have to be careful in choosing who to ask to take care of them when I am away for a weekend or so.
My rabbits also don't get constant attention. When I'm at home they can walk around freely in the living room or the garden, and be rabbits. Sometimes Annabel comes to me for a stroke or two. Klaas doesn't like to be stroked much but he often pushes his nose against my feet and licks me if he gets the chance. I then tell him he is a brave rabbit, and he beams .
In the evening when they are back in the cage I spend 10 - 20 minutes stroking them. They like that a lot; even Klaas sometimes gnashes his teeth then. Rabbits do need attention otherwise they will defend their territorium against you, but if you want a pet to stroke all day you'd better buy one at Toys 'r' Us.

Isn't Lucky lonely Jazz? Klaas gets very confused and upset when Annabel is not around.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #233
Lazy Bee

Great pic of Annabel tsa! She looks so relaxed.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #234
tsa
Playing character

Klaas posing for the camera.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #235

I am currently have two dogs... they are the love of my life. Will post new pics later.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 AM   #236
tsa
Playing character

The iPhone turns out to be pretty useful for making rabbit pics. The rabbits are not as interested in it as they are in a normal camera, and it's good enough in low light to be able to take pictures without flash under the table and such places. A few examples:

An utterly relaxed Annabel

I'm not sure I don't like what you're doing, so I keep one ear up, just in case.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #237
Second Degree Black Belt

teehee I just love your bunnies tsa......... they are so cute

Old 12-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #238
tsa
Playing character

Ehm...

She's not humping him. He often sticks his head underneath her like that.

Last edited by tsa; 12-19-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:30 AM   #239
Second Degree Black Belt

They are such cuties, why is she humping his head ? Strange...........

Old 12-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #240
tsa
Playing character

She's not humping him. He often sticks his head underneath her like that and then expects to be licked. Once I saw him lift her up with his head. You should try that with your husband for once! Klaas is quite strong .