You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Big Brother or Big Joke?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 05:50 AM   #1
The Pilot

Default Big Brother or Big Joke?

What makes the makers of these programs believe people genuinely like watching some of the freaks featured in this years show?

I am an addicted Big Brother fan, but it seems like for the wrong reasons. Yes, it is entertaining to see people compete and observe their behaviour in a different environment whilst watching the show.

BUT do people really enjoy watching others get embarrassed or humiliated by behaviour, which even by today's 12 year old children's standards, is abhorable?

(By the way - What Global Warming??? End of May and I am freezing my b******s off!)
Old 05-24-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Is there a game to go with this one too?
Old 05-24-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I do hope not; the game of Big Brother 2 got a resounding N/A% from PCGamer upon release (they put as much effort into the score as the developers had into the game).

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:32 AM   #4
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Is there a game to go with this one too?
It is a flippin reality game! How can you have a game to reflect reality?

Can someone request an IQ test for all members please?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:15 AM   #5
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigOz
Can someone request an IQ test for all members please?
No, but you might want to take a reading comprehension test... The post just above yours proves that Big Brother games *already* exist.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:44 AM   #6
The Pilot

That was a joke! (maybe a case of bad taste on my part)

Yes I did read the post before that and thanks for the info, but IS ANYONE PLAYING IT?
Old 05-30-2006, 03:40 AM   #7
Life and times of...

Quote:
That was a joke! (maybe a case of bad taste on my part)

Yes I did read the post before that and thanks for the info, but IS ANYONE PLAYING IT?
Yes, I'm sure it's got a following as large as CS and WoW combined...

(Edit): And it's not a joke. It's the low-point of the modern society.

I can't stand it. I don't give a rat's arse to watching ugly disgusting idiots doing moronic things or just loaf around worse than K-Fed.

Last edited by UPtimist; 05-30-2006 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #8
kamikaze hummingbirds

big brother is a terrible show, and i bet some saddo whose never even considered getting a boy/girlfriend watches it on both C4 AND E4 and is so depressing that when its on C4 while he's watching it on E4, he tapes it from C4 and then watches it later when 'Friends' is on.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #9
Psychonaut

I HATE REALITY TV.

That said there will not be any left soon as they are all walking out.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
Staff Member

Big Sleep more like. Yawn.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
I HATE REALITY TV.
There's some good reality shows, ones where the contestants actually need to be good at something. Top Chef, Project Runway, and Ultimate Fighter are all really fun to watch.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:45 AM   #12
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
There's some good reality shows, ones where the contestants actually need to be good at something. Top Chef, Project Runway, and Ultimate Fighter are all really fun to watch.
Yeah! Well they have to be good at having a big mouth in BB ( ...and I don't mean what Jade did with it!) - all talk and no action... But then that is the case with most British soaps on TV. I wonder if BB in US is on the same lines or if there is more action in it?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
Party On Dudes

i'm with you guys big brother needs to end, it's a game of gossip and back biting, why would we wanna watch the same people we hated back in school all over again for hours each day?

GET A LIFE

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 05-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #14
Roar?

Big Brother is so boring and yet so creepy. I don't know if you can do this in the UK, but in the US you can pay a fee to watch the people in the Big Brother house 24/7. Why would anyone find that interesting?
Old 05-31-2006, 05:48 PM   #15
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

I believe you can pay to watch the interweb streaming in the UK - or you can watch for free on special satellite channels.

I don't find Big Brother boring at all - it's like a modern-day circus freak show. I'm sure it's detriminental to society but... well, what the hell, it exists, might as well enjoy it.

In this year's UK Big Brother we've had:
* A guy threatening to kill himself in the house! Yeah, I'm sure they'll let you do that Shahbaz!
* A woman who came up with an ingenius wheeze to allow her to communicate with the outside world. However, in a less than stellar move, she told the housemates about it and got kicked out for breaking the rules. Whoops!
* The same woman is now on "hunger strike" (in the outside world) until the Big Brother producers hand over unedited tapes of her stay in house. Erm... here's the thing dear... I don't think you're their responsibility any more!

99% of Big Brother contestants are idiots who deserve everything they get, but this story about the very genuine and likeable Eugene from last year's Big Brother is very sad.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:39 AM   #16
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofa
Big Brother is so boring and yet so creepy. I don't know if you can do this in the UK, but in the US you can pay a fee to watch the people in the Big Brother house 24/7. Why would anyone find that interesting?
In UK you can watch BB for free on digital E4 channel all day! But for most parts you can hear the birds sing instead of what they are saying. The positive side is, as a regular viewer, one can become fluent in blackbird language!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:45 AM   #17
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
I believe you can pay to watch the interweb streaming in the UK - or you can watch for free on special satellite channels.

I don't find Big Brother boring at all - it's like a modern-day circus freak show. I'm sure it's detriminental to society but... well, what the hell, it exists, might as well enjoy it.

In this year's UK Big Brother we've had......
You forgot about posh George, who left the house because he believed he "would not be able to handle the fame that will follow staying in the house"!!! What an ass...

More likely he knew he would be voted out next, and he rightfully thought it would be more respectable to walk out rather than get booted out...
Old 06-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #18

Quote:
What makes the makers of these programs believe people genuinely like watching some of the freaks featured in this years show?

I am an addicted Big Brother fan, but it seems like for the wrong reasons. Yes, it is entertaining to see people compete and observe their behaviour in a different environment whilst watching the show.

BUT do people really enjoy watching others get embarrassed or humiliated by behaviour, which even by today's 12 year old children's standards, is abhorable?

(By the way - What Global Warming??? End of May and I am freezing my b******s off!)

I think the viewing figures speak for themselves here. If people did not watch the shows the program format would not still be broadcasted around the world after 10 years.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #19
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly3
I think the viewing figures speak for themselves here. If people did not watch the shows the program format would not still be broadcasted around the world after 10 years.
massess=stupid. capeesh?

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #20
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
massess=stupid. capeesh?
I agree with you and the previous post - figures speak for themselves, and also masses = stupid! But in a free market system, if most were clever, we would not have any rich people left!!!

Conclusion: By nature, we must all have some form of self harm desire genetically implanted in our systems.

Pete is a genius! Did anyone listen to the music he was making using pots and pans? I love Nikki - I wish I could keep her as a pet!