You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Help Me Win Please!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
The Pilot

Default Help Me Win Please!!!

Now that I have finished the first two levels of the Eurostar game based on Da Vinci Code, and very confident that I shall finish the final part (I am informed it starts this friday) - I have been trying to find out ways of winning the conpettition by coming up with ideas such as:
  • paying the staff at Gare Du Nord to misdirect the other finalists on their arrival
  • promising all my winnings to charity
  • flirting with the judges
  • donating the winnigs to a composer for a better song in next year's Eurovision song contest.

Can you suggest better or other ways to win???
Old 05-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #2
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

BJ's? they always help.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:01 AM   #3
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

What contest are you talking about? I have a plan involving Cornflakes and an Elecrto-Magnet but I need to know the specifics before I can lay it out to you
Old 05-23-2006, 07:19 AM   #4
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
What contest are you talking about? I have a plan involving Cornflakes and an Elecrto-Magnet but I need to know the specifics before I can lay it out to you
This is a free online game - competition by Eurostar based on Da Vinci Code (called Euro Quest). The last part is out on Friday and the finalists are expected to travel to Paris (France) for the final...

It is free for everyone to join online (http://quest.eurostar.com), but unless you are a genius with puzzles & clues you may be too late to finish it all in time!

Anyway, what does cornflakes got to do with electro magnets for God's sake???
Old 05-23-2006, 07:53 AM   #5
Chris Barraclough

Now that I know the details I will enter and win instead, and send you postcards telling you how much fun I'm having in Paris. Bwahahaha!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-23-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
What contest are you talking about? I have a plan involving Cornflakes and an Elecrto-Magnet
I kind of doubt that that would work. No plan involving less than a truckload of Mustard Custard can possibly be effective, or even reliable.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #7
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Is it really sensible to discuss plans for beating other people on a public forum ?

Anyway, Jaz, aren't you forgetting the plan involving the kipper and the thatched bungalow?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #8
Friendly Server Admin

I smell a viral marketer

bigOz, just so you know, when you sign up you do pass a notice that says we don't allow viral marketing on this forum. I would appreciate it if you could add our site to your employer's opt-out list.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:15 AM   #9
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I kind of doubt that that would work. No plan involving less than a truckload of Mustard Custard can possibly be effective, or even reliable.

-
Ah but I have my ways
Old 05-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #10
Evil Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
I smell a viral marketer

bigOz, just so you know, when you sign up you do pass a notice that says we don't allow viral marketing on this forum. I would appreciate it if you could add our site to your employer's opt-out list.
I smell him too. Funny thing that he hasn't responded to you sniffing him right in his face. The odour just keeps getting brisker as long as he doesn't proclaim something to his defense.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #11
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Anyway, Jaz, aren't you forgetting the plan involving the kipper and the thatched bungalow?

Yes, but that was hardly my usual style. In fact, I was acting out of emergency at the point, because RaMa had stolen my Mustard Custard recipe.

I'd never risk something like that without Mustard Custard usually. We were bloody lucky that we survived at that time. The Bungalow might have turned into a Kraken, or something worse might have happened, without the Mustard Custard. As I said, it was sheer luck that everything went as well as it did.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:57 AM   #12
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
I smell a viral marketer

Medical FACT! Smoking too much makes you lose sense of smell (as well as taste)...
Old 05-24-2006, 12:58 AM   #13
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor
I smell him too. Funny thing that he hasn't responded to you sniffing him right in his face. The odour just keeps getting brisker as long as he doesn't proclaim something to his defense.
Smell my...
Old 05-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #14
merely human

AG community FACT. bigOZ, tabacco is the ADMIN here.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-24-2006, 10:33 AM   #15
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigOz
Medical FACT! Smoking too much makes you lose sense of smell (as well as taste)...
So it does. Glad I don't smoke.

No more viral marketing.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:17 AM   #16
The Pilot

bigOz
Commercial pilot - Flying instructor
currently in final year of BSc Computing - Open University
OK?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:22 PM   #17
Staff Member

This shit is getting nasty.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #18
Chris Barraclough

How goes the open uni? I've got a mate doing an archeaology degree through them, he's never out any more cos of exams etc, poor sod. That combined with flying must be stress central!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-31-2006, 02:55 AM   #19
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
How goes the open uni? I've got a mate doing an archeaology degree through them, he's never out any more cos of exams etc, poor sod. That combined with flying must be stress central!
Flying is tiring but not stressful. Infact if you like it, it can be relaxing.

Open uni is very convenient because you can spend 7-8 years to complete a degree. It is based on modules each worth 30 points for levels 1 & 2 and 60 points for level 3. You need 300 points for an ordinary degree and 340+ for a degree with Honours. I have been doing a module a year, but last year did two.

It is not really that hard, and there are many subjects to chose from that will help improve your job prospects.