Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Help Me Win Please!!! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/15081-help-me-win-please.html)

bigOz 05-23-2006 05:57 AM

Help Me Win Please!!!

Now that I have finished the first two levels of the Eurostar game based on Da Vinci Code, and very confident that I shall finish the final part (I am informed it starts this friday) - I have been trying to find out ways of winning the conpettition by coming up with ideas such as:
  • paying the staff at Gare Du Nord to misdirect the other finalists on their arrival
  • promising all my winnings to charity
  • flirting with the judges
  • donating the winnigs to a composer for a better song in next year's Eurovision song contest.

Can you suggest better or other ways to win???

GoT 05-23-2006 05:58 AM

BJ's? they always help.

Karmillo 05-23-2006 06:01 AM

What contest are you talking about? I have a plan involving Cornflakes and an Elecrto-Magnet but I need to know the specifics before I can lay it out to you :P

bigOz 05-23-2006 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
What contest are you talking about? I have a plan involving Cornflakes and an Elecrto-Magnet but I need to know the specifics before I can lay it out to you :P

This is a free online game - competition by Eurostar based on Da Vinci Code (called Euro Quest). The last part is out on Friday and the finalists are expected to travel to Paris (France) for the final...

It is free for everyone to join online (http://quest.eurostar.com), but unless you are a genius with puzzles & clues you may be too late to finish it all in time!

Anyway, what does cornflakes got to do with electro magnets for God's sake???

seebaruk 05-23-2006 07:53 AM

Now that I know the details I will enter and win instead, and send you postcards telling you how much fun I'm having in Paris. Bwahahaha!

Jazhara7 05-23-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
What contest are you talking about? I have a plan involving Cornflakes and an Elecrto-Magnet

I kind of doubt that that would work. No plan involving less than a truckload of Mustard Custard can possibly be effective, or even reliable.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RLacey 05-23-2006 07:59 AM

Is it really sensible to discuss plans for beating other people on a public forum :crazy:?

Anyway, Jaz, aren't you forgetting the plan involving the kipper and the thatched bungalow?

tabacco 05-23-2006 08:03 AM

I smell a viral marketer :(

bigOz, just so you know, when you sign up you do pass a notice that says we don't allow viral marketing on this forum. I would appreciate it if you could add our site to your employer's opt-out list.

Karmillo 05-23-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I kind of doubt that that would work. No plan involving less than a truckload of Mustard Custard can possibly be effective, or even reliable.

Ah but I have my ways :D

Melkor 05-23-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacco

bigOz, just so you know, when you sign up you do pass a notice that says we don't allow viral marketing on this forum. I would appreciate it if you could add our site to your employer's opt-out list.

I smell him too. Funny thing that he hasn't responded to you sniffing him right in his face. The odour just keeps getting brisker as long as he doesn't proclaim something to his defense.

Jazhara7 05-23-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Anyway, Jaz, aren't you forgetting the plan involving the kipper and the thatched bungalow?

Yes, but that was hardly my usual style. In fact, I was acting out of emergency at the point, because RaMa had stolen my Mustard Custard recipe.

I'd never risk something like that without Mustard Custard usually. We were bloody lucky that we survived at that time. The Bungalow might have turned into a Kraken, or something worse might have happened, without the Mustard Custard. As I said, it was sheer luck that everything went as well as it did.

bigOz 05-24-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacco

Medical FACT! Smoking too much makes you lose sense of smell (as well as taste)...

bigOz 05-24-2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melkor
I smell him too. Funny thing that he hasn't responded to you sniffing him right in his face. The odour just keeps getting brisker as long as he doesn't proclaim something to his defense.

Smell my...

Intrepid Homoludens 05-24-2006 10:23 AM

AG community FACT. bigOZ, tabacco is the ADMIN here.

tabacco 05-24-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigOz
Medical FACT! Smoking too much makes you lose sense of smell (as well as taste)...

So it does. Glad I don't smoke.

No more viral marketing.

bigOz 05-30-2006 04:17 AM

bigOz
Commercial pilot - Flying instructor
currently in final year of BSc Computing - Open University
OK?

stuboy 05-30-2006 01:22 PM

This shit is getting nasty.

seebaruk 05-30-2006 01:39 PM

How goes the open uni? I've got a mate doing an archeaology degree through them, he's never out any more cos of exams etc, poor sod. That combined with flying must be stress central!

bigOz 05-31-2006 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seebaruk
How goes the open uni? I've got a mate doing an archeaology degree through them, he's never out any more cos of exams etc, poor sod. That combined with flying must be stress central!

Flying is tiring but not stressful. Infact if you like it, it can be relaxing.

Open uni is very convenient because you can spend 7-8 years to complete a degree. It is based on modules each worth 30 points for levels 1 & 2 and 60 points for level 3. You need 300 points for an ordinary degree and 340+ for a degree with Honours. I have been doing a module a year, but last year did two.

It is not really that hard, and there are many subjects to chose from that will help improve your job prospects.