You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 04:56 AM   #1
Chris Barraclough

Default Podcasts

I usually spend a couple of hours a day on rammed London buses, so I've started getting into downloading podcasts to drown out people moaning/kids playing shit rave music on their mobiles loudly. The only ones I've really gotten into so far are:

Mark Kermodes Film Reviews - Once a week film review show, with Mark on usual top sarcastic form slating off crappy movies.

Ricky Gervais - Pretty damn funny, only heard a couple so far but the Cambodian Midget Fighting League episode had me struggling not to laugh hard on the bus.

Nobody Likes Onions - Just a small group of American guys talking bollocks, but can be pretty funny. Mexicans will probably be offended though, they seem to slag them off in every episode.

Anyone else listen to any podcasts and got any recommendations?

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-23-2006, 04:59 AM   #2
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I quite like The Now Show, but then I listen to Radio 4, so my opinion might not be valid in your mind .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:13 AM   #3
In an evening of July...

Mine are purely technical:
TWIT (classical)
LugRadio (this one is pretty hilarious, even if you don't care about OSS. Beware the LugRadio syndrome - bursting out in laughter while listening in a bus/train/subway)
Security Now (sometimes they have interesting stuff)
Sploitcast (great stuff, too few episodes)
Diggnation (vidcast, I love watching Kevin getting drunk)
IT Coversations (these are simply too many, I've no time for them all. Technation is great though)
Old 05-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #4
Aj_
Beyond Belief

I subscribe to This Week In Tech, Diggnation, Skepticality, Democracy Now! The War and Peace Report, and Rocket Boom.

I've been downloading shows I've missed on the radio too, four discworld novels were dramatised on radio 4, political animal, Mark Thomas presents, Absolute Power, and the radio series of Whose line is it anyway.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #5
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

I listen to the Blank Label Comic podcast, the Keencast, the Gigcast, Extra Life Radio, Retrocrush, Liquid Generation, They Might Be Giants, Infendo, Idle Thumbs, Digital Strips and.... Crazy Cat Women!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
Roar?

I like Vu d'ici a lot.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #7
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I listen to The Hotspot, mainly. Now and again, GamesIndustry.biz Podcasts. I can't find any other really great ones.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-25-2006, 12:21 AM   #8

The only one that I've listened to at all is Retro Gaming Radio, from http://www.retrogamingradio.com/ .

I haven't listened to it very much, however. Actually, only part of one episode, which was a very long list of recommended US games for the Commodore 64. I haven't managed to stay awake past the first hour and a half of it yet, but it's a lovely and nostalgic listen.

Mostly I listen to radio comedies using the mp3 player built into my Palm. Recently, I've been mostly listening to some episodes of Just a Minute from the early seventies, Round the Horne, and some of the more recent episodes of I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue.