You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which is worse - Eurovision or Da Vinci Code?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2006, 02:20 AM   #1
The Pilot

Default Which is worse - Eurovision or Da Vinci Code?

Hundreds of years of music, nations creating lovely sounds with good lyrics and look what we ended up with!

Withe the exception of 4-5 songs, I've never heard so many bad sounds (and bad lyrics). OK so I had to give up my Eurostar Quest (online Competition) for 3 hours - and God knows I might be losing 200,000 euros as a result - but surely I could have been rewarded better!

(and many thought watching Da Vinci Code was bad!)

The winners: a bad impression of Ninja Turtles - using sounds as their weapon, and the UK hopefuls: a poor immitation of a "peado-universal" hit - with schholgirls showing their knickers while shaking their legs suggestively, ending with throwing their books away, while some middle aged (looking) rapper rants on about sweet nothing! Lucky they got any points...

Win or not win, I think I'll go back to my game and enjoy it - which is more than what I can say for going back to watch the Eurovision aka-thrash next time!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:29 AM   #2
Chris Barraclough

I haven't seen either, but I did see the UK entry on youtube and laughed my bollocks off. Who the hell is this guy, he's like some sub-par middle aged Vanilla Ice. All I can say is the other contenders for us must have sucked big time (I think Kym Marsh was one so that pretty much confirms it).

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
I haven't seen either, but I did see the UK entry on youtube and laughed my bollocks off. Who the hell is this guy, he's like some sub-par middle aged Vanilla Ice. All I can say is the other contenders for us must have sucked big time (I think Kym Marsh was one so that pretty much confirms it).
I think we should enter Wogan's version of The Floral Dance one year.

I honestly think it'd do quite well!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
Excessively diverted

I think that I'm right in saying that Daz, the English entry, was the legend behind the remix of school disco favourite Kung Fu Fighting. I was ashamed to watch Eurovision this year...
Old 05-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #5
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I was ashamed to watch Eurovision this year...
Aren't you every year?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
Headbanger

I don't really understand your point here bigOz. I think The Da Vinci Code was great and Eurovision has always and will always be crap.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #7
Chris Barraclough

I don't think I've heard Floral Dance, might have to track that down on the net!

Quote:
I think that I'm right in saying that Daz, the English entry, was the legend behind the remix of school disco favourite Kung Fu Fighting. I was ashamed to watch Eurovision this year...
Everybody was kung fu fiiiightiiing, hyahhh!!

Ah well, I'll let him off then

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-23-2006, 02:20 AM   #8
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
I don't really understand your point here bigOz. I think The Da Vinci Code was great and Eurovision has always and will always be crap.
I meant no offence to Da Vinci fans!
The quotation was based on current mixed feelings about the film. As the saying goes "colours and pleasures should not be up for discussion". I personally thought the free online Eurostar Quest game (based on Da Vinci Code) was more interesting than both - but then again so are the fish in the Ocean and birds on the trees, perhaps?...
Old 05-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #9
The Pilot

Quote:
Don't take it so hard Claire! Afterall it's only for a laugh and a bit of entertaintment(???!!!) - It all depends in what context you are viewing the competition.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:33 AM   #10
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
I think we should enter Wogan's version of The Floral Dance one year.

I honestly think it'd do quite well!
Fair enough! But why does Terry Wogan think that every dance that that involves a large group of people using mainly leg and feet movements is an Irish Barn Dance?

He must suffer from "nilculturitis" - that type of dancing has been going on in Eastern Mediterranean for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:40 AM   #11
Excessively diverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
Aren't you every year?
Good point! It's just that this year I felt that our entry was especially tragic. I did enjoy the police siren sound effects incorporated into the track though, which pretty much summed up how wrong the entire concept was!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:07 AM   #12
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

But it's great!

[/sarcasm]

And he wants another go next year .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #13
Chris Barraclough

I like the way he mocked Gemini for being shit, when he did so much better by coming 18th or whatever it was. Who cares anyway, I'm a little more bothered about winning the world cup than some crappy song contest

Old 05-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #14
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Like that's going to happen .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:08 AM   #15
The Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
I like the way he mocked Gemini for being shit, when he did so much better by coming 18th or whatever it was. Who cares anyway, I'm a little more bothered about winning the world cup than some crappy song contest
If I remember correctly - Daz said this was his World Cup Final???

Remember! A house built with shit for bricks and hot air for mortar soon melts into the sewer (...actually, I just made that one up - good innit?).