Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Which is worse - Eurovision or Da Vinci Code? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/15053-worse-eurovision-da-vinci-code.html)

bigOz 05-22-2006 02:20 AM

Which is worse - Eurovision or Da Vinci Code?

Hundreds of years of music, nations creating lovely sounds with good lyrics and look what we ended up with!

Withe the exception of 4-5 songs, I've never heard so many bad sounds (and bad lyrics). OK so I had to give up my Eurostar Quest (online Competition) for 3 hours - and God knows I might be losing 200,000 euros as a result - but surely I could have been rewarded better!

(and many thought watching Da Vinci Code was bad!)

The winners: a bad impression of Ninja Turtles - using sounds as their weapon, and the UK hopefuls: a poor immitation of a "peado-universal" hit - with schholgirls showing their knickers while shaking their legs suggestively, ending with throwing their books away, while some middle aged (looking) rapper rants on about sweet nothing! Lucky they got any points...

Win or not win, I think I'll go back to my game and enjoy it - which is more than what I can say for going back to watch the Eurovision aka-thrash next time!

seebaruk 05-22-2006 02:29 AM

I haven't seen either, but I did see the UK entry on youtube and laughed my bollocks off. Who the hell is this guy, he's like some sub-par middle aged Vanilla Ice. All I can say is the other contenders for us must have sucked big time (I think Kym Marsh was one so that pretty much confirms it).

Huz 05-22-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seebaruk
I haven't seen either, but I did see the UK entry on youtube and laughed my bollocks off. Who the hell is this guy, he's like some sub-par middle aged Vanilla Ice. All I can say is the other contenders for us must have sucked big time (I think Kym Marsh was one so that pretty much confirms it).

I think we should enter Wogan's version of The Floral Dance one year.

I honestly think it'd do quite well!

Claire 05-22-2006 03:12 PM

I think that I'm right in saying that Daz, the English entry, was the legend behind the remix of school disco favourite Kung Fu Fighting. I was ashamed to watch Eurovision this year...

stuboy 05-22-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire
I was ashamed to watch Eurovision this year...

Aren't you every year?

Henke 05-22-2006 04:58 PM

I don't really understand your point here bigOz. I think The Da Vinci Code was great and Eurovision has always and will always be crap. :)

seebaruk 05-23-2006 12:28 AM

I don't think I've heard Floral Dance, might have to track that down on the net!

Quote:

I think that I'm right in saying that Daz, the English entry, was the legend behind the remix of school disco favourite Kung Fu Fighting. I was ashamed to watch Eurovision this year...

Everybody was kung fu fiiiightiiing, hyahhh!!

Ah well, I'll let him off then :D

bigOz 05-23-2006 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke
I don't really understand your point here bigOz. I think The Da Vinci Code was great and Eurovision has always and will always be crap. :)

I meant no offence to Da Vinci fans!
The quotation was based on current mixed feelings about the film. As the saying goes "colours and pleasures should not be up for discussion". I personally thought the free online Eurostar Quest game (based on Da Vinci Code) was more interesting than both - but then again so are the fish in the Ocean and birds on the trees, perhaps?...

bigOz 05-23-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Don't take it so hard Claire! Afterall it's only for a laugh and a bit of entertaintment(???!!!) - It all depends in what context you are viewing the competition.

bigOz 05-23-2006 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huz
I think we should enter Wogan's version of The Floral Dance one year.

I honestly think it'd do quite well!

Fair enough! But why does Terry Wogan think that every dance that that involves a large group of people using mainly leg and feet movements is an Irish Barn Dance?

He must suffer from "nilculturitis" - that type of dancing has been going on in Eastern Mediterranean for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Claire 05-23-2006 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuboy
Aren't you every year?

Good point! It's just that this year I felt that our entry was especially tragic. I did enjoy the police siren sound effects incorporated into the track though, which pretty much summed up how wrong the entire concept was! ;)

RLacey 05-23-2006 06:07 AM

But it's great!

[/sarcasm]

And he wants another go next year :crazy:.

seebaruk 05-23-2006 08:23 AM

I like the way he mocked Gemini for being shit, when he did so much better by coming 18th or whatever it was. Who cares anyway, I'm a little more bothered about winning the world cup than some crappy song contest ;)

RLacey 05-23-2006 08:24 AM

Like that's going to happen ;).

bigOz 05-24-2006 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seebaruk
I like the way he mocked Gemini for being shit, when he did so much better by coming 18th or whatever it was. Who cares anyway, I'm a little more bothered about winning the world cup than some crappy song contest ;)

If I remember correctly - Daz said this was his World Cup Final???

Remember! A house built with shit for bricks and hot air for mortar soon melts into the sewer (...actually, I just made that one up - good innit?).