Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   I fell down....... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/14732-i-fell-down.html)

Dobee 05-04-2006 12:54 PM

I fell down.......

when I got off the bus this morning and got a big wound on my left knee :frown: :frown: :frown:

it's so painful all day long .... can't remember this pain when I last hurt my knees in the school playground many many yrs ago :frusty:

such a big 'gift' for my coming b-day next week.... sigh :(

anything to put on for less pain??

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 12:55 PM

Did you go see Doctor?

Dobee 05-04-2006 12:58 PM

i went to see one nearby right the way .... luckily nothing more except the wound......have a bandage on and it still hurts so much :(

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 12:59 PM

Well, nothing you can do but stay off that leg and just try and relax the day away. Go play a game and eat chocolate! :)

Jelena 05-04-2006 01:19 PM

You can always go see a healer:D :D :D :D

lumi 05-04-2006 02:50 PM

Which was worse: the pain or the embarassment of falling in front of many people?

Fairygdmther 05-04-2006 03:01 PM

Ice may help for now, and after 48 hours, then put heat on it.

Lynsie

SamNMax 05-04-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Did you go see Doctor?

Why the heck would you see a doctor for that?

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 03:24 PM

Because there could be internal things happening that even YOU don't know of, Einstein.

SamNMax 05-04-2006 03:26 PM

For tripping and falling on your knee? That's a little too careful.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 03:26 PM

Would you want to take the risk? Anyway, that's for Stoofa to decide.

SamNMax 05-04-2006 03:28 PM

Not much of a risk. When I broke my toe, I never saw a doctor. What's he going to be able to do about that?

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 03:32 PM

We're not talking about your toe, we're talking about Stoofa's knee.

Fairygdmther 05-04-2006 03:34 PM

Pssst Trep - it's Dobee's knee, not Stoofa.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 03:37 PM

:(

LOL!!! OMG! I've had too much Southern California air!!

help me!!!!

:crazy:

SamNMax 05-04-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
We're not talking about your toe, we're talking about Stoofa's knee.

I realize that. I was refering to a similar situation. Doctors really can't do anything about a hurt knee either.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 06:27 PM

Depends on the kind of hurt it is. Hopefully Stoofa Dobee won't develop anything nasty after a few days.

SamNMax 05-04-2006 06:28 PM

I wouldn't think so. A fall like that would probably not cause any long-term damage.

Stoofa 05-04-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Pssst Trep - it's Dobee's knee, not Stoofa.

I got so confused reading that!

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 06:31 PM

How's your knee, Stoofs?

Stoofa 05-04-2006 06:33 PM

Dobee didn't say what kind of wound it is. If it was a cut it could have become infected causing a lot of pain, or Dobee could have frigged up a tendon or the kneecap or who knows what else.

PS Trep: My knees are fine, thank you! But I do have a two and a half year old bruise on my shin from an accident on a bus.

Fairygdmther 05-04-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamNMax
I wouldn't think so. A fall like that would probably not cause any long-term damage.

And how do you think people tear their meniscus, or their anterior cruciate or medial collateral ligaments? When you say a "fall like that" were you there to see how he/she fell or landed? You've watched enough sports to know that knee injuries are fairly common, even among trained athletes. All it takes is a twist and a hard landing. And even if the damage is not warranting surgery, it may leave this person with an unstable knee, making it prone to further injury.

SNM, you can't, from what's been said here, make any assessment of actual damage. Not even an Orthopedic doc would do that. :frown:

Lynsie

Intrepid Homoludens 05-04-2006 06:45 PM

Thanks, Lynsie. As someone working in the medical field, you can enlighten us more about this of course.

lumi 05-04-2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoofa
PS Trep: My knees are fine, thank you! But I do have a two and a half year old bruise on my shin from an accident on a bus.

How can a bruise last for two and a half years?

Stoofa 05-04-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
How can a bruise last for two and a half years?

Well it looks just like a bruise. What else could it be?

lumi 05-04-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoofa
Well it looks just like a bruise. What else could it be?

Does it feel like a bruise?

Dobee 05-05-2006 02:18 PM

trep, do I write like stoofa, or are our names "visually/vocally" alike, or do you miss stoofa more than me ? :P

well, i admit it is now really not a big deal but since a clinic is nearby and my company covers the medical charge, plus i guess the drug store hadn't opened yet (from where I can buy some bandages for my bleeding knee) , i decided to see a doc right after, why not, for comfort and safety?

luckily the cut/wound isn't hurting that bad today...just troublesome not to get it wet when I take a shower :crazy: and it sucks to see the pus everytime i change my bandage!!!!

Stoofa 05-05-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Does it feel like a bruise?

Yeah, it's kind of tender. I just want it to go away already!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobee
do I write like stoofa

Dobee you are definitely your own man. Woman? Person.

Dobee 05-11-2006 03:38 AM

now the wound is scarring, i just can't refrain from picking it...i remember i liked doing so when i was young..haha..the large piece of scar that i've picked off from my knee....does anyone share the same kind of bad habit?? :o