Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Just take my money already! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/14710-just-take-my-money-already.html)

Stoofa 05-03-2006 07:23 PM

Just take my money already!

It's my dad's birthday today and two weeks ago I decided I had better get him a present. He loves terrible b-movies so I decided to get him a few of those. The best place I could find to order b-movies online is videoflicks.ca.

So I researched a bunch of b-movies and decided on four to get my dad:

Attack of the Crab Monsters
The Killer Shrews
The Crippled Avengers
Terror of Tiny Town

However, I couldn't seem to place my order. I'd enter my credit card number and nothing would happen when I pressed "submit" except that the fields all cleared. :frusty: I called Videoflicks and couldn't get through, so I sent an e-mail instead. I got a very nice message from their customer service agent asking me to try again another day.

So I wait a few days and try to place my order again. This time it works! I'm so excited! My dad's present probably won't be late and he'll love it.

Ha ha. Three days later I get an e-mail that since I ordered from Videoflicks.COM not Videoflicks.CA the prices were a little different and so they cancelled my order. I felt stupid until I tried to order again and noticed that whenever you check your cart while on videoflicks.CA and click "continue shopping" it takes you to videoflicks.COM. ARHH!!

I place my order AGAIN. Making SURE that I was ordering from Videoflicks.CA this time.

I just got an e-mail from them today telling me that Attack of the Crab Monsters and The Killer Shrews are no longer in stock so they cancelled that part of my order and were in the process of reviewing the rest of my order.

FOR ****'S SAKE PEOPLE! JUST TAKE MY DAMN MONEY AND SEND OFF MY MOTHER****ING MOVIES!!!! ARHH!!!!!!!

My dad is going to think I'm such a flake. I really did think ahead this time! It's not my fault! And two movies is not nearly as impressive as four, especially since the best two were cancelled.

So, um, anyone else have a similar experience with a shop that just didn't seem to want to sell anything to anyone?

NcroManiac 05-03-2006 07:29 PM

I once bought 6 guitars :D
The credit card system froce up and the idiot ran my visa trough the scanner 6 times :frusty:

artwking4 05-03-2006 07:41 PM

Has your dad ever seen Mystery Science Theater 3000? If he likes bad movies, he'd probably like that show.

pinkgothic 05-04-2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoofa
So, um, anyone else have a similar experience with a shop that just didn't seem to want to sell anything to anyone?

Not quite the same, in fact, far more plausible, but still really farking annoying: I get peeved at companies who create some instance of a big internet shop and then suddenly reveal that they won't ship to outside the US when you try to order. :shifty: It was damn near impossible to find a shop that would sell the Hibben Scorpion to me, as resident of Germany. Thank god there's an exception to what seems the rule.

FYI, that was an easy earned 100$+ for the international shop.

Stoofa 05-04-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgothic
I get peeved at companies who create some instance of a big internet shop and then suddenly reveal that they won't ship to outside the US when you try to order.

That is annoying. I've tried to get around it by having the item shipped to a friend in the US (who would then send it on to me) but my credit card was denied for being Canadian. :frusty:

Jeysie 05-04-2006 10:23 AM

Heh.

While I freely admit that it's gotta be really irritating, I have to defend companies a bit.

I've worked in a shop that sold merchandise to both international and domestic customers, and, to be honest, trying to sell and ship merchandise overseas from the US can be a serious pain in the ass for a large number of reasons. And even just sending stuff "closeby" to Canada and Mexico can still cause a large number of headaches at times.

So as upsetting as it is, I can understand that a US shop might look at its customer base and purchase flow and decide it's just not worth it. Though I will say I think it's bad form for a company/person not to mention up front that they don't ship outside the US.

Peace & Luv, Liz

RLacey 05-04-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgothic
It was damn near impossible to find a shop that would sell the Hibben Scorpion to me, as resident of Germany. Thank god there's an exception to what seems the rule.

Well, you were trying to import weaponry...

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Stoofa :frown:.

pinkgothic 05-05-2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Well, you were trying to import weaponry...

"Trying"? I damn well managed, thanks. That aside, I don't believe that falls under weaponary at all, formally/legally, since you can't cut with the blade.