You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat In the moment: where are you this very minute?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 02:39 AM   #81
George Stobbart

Weather: Awfully Dusty

Activity: Roaming the net

Apparel: A traditional Thob and Shmagh check them here

State of mind: cool

Thoughts: Where to find a lovely cartoony adventure.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #82
merely human

Weather: Cloudy, 62°F (16°C), not bad at all.

Activity: AG forum, sipping coffee, listening to some music (currently Frank Sinatra, Etta James, etc.), catching up on email.

Apparel: Orange cotton t-shirt, navy blue jersey shorts.

State of mind: Awake, alert, in the moment.

Mood: Content, appreciative of the state of my life right now.

Thoughts: Mr. Gamer had me over for barbeque dinner yesterday. When he picked me up at the train station he presented to me a desk plaque he custom made for me (similar to this but in brushed metal) that, in black letters, said:

BEIDDIE R.
Intense Champion Gamer
Play At Own Risk!

I went: !!! Erm, I think he seriously wants to fall for me, yikes. Even told me himself. OMG.... Anyway, had a sweet candlelight dinner, then an awesome time playing that PS2 Batman game with him on co-op and another racing game but with jetskis, while his miniature Doberman curled up on my lap.

Tomorrow I start my new job at the museum, so looking looking forward to working with the dinosaur bones and the cavemen.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #83
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
he presented to me a desk plaque he custom made for me.
When people do things like that I actually feel embarrassed on their behalf.
Although it is kinda a sweet gesture, but he really should have thought it through more thoroughly, hehe.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 05-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #84
merely human

But it was sweet! Like one of those kooky romantic tokens of affection, kinda wrong, like when a puppy tries to lick you and ends up falling on its ass.

I don't have a desk, though, so I put it on top of my Xbox.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #85

Weather: overcast and slightly rainy

Activity: browsing the web

Apparel: jeans and a hoodie over a t-shirt

State of mind: wondering what to do

Mood: getting a headache

Thoughts: I just picked up my parents from the airport after their trip to Japan. I'm reminded yet again why I hate driving in traffic.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #86
Lazy Bee

Weather: Now at 9.02 pm it´s 16 C/62 F. Today has been a wonderful day with sunny weather and 22 C/72 F almost all day.

Activity: Finally getting some time for myself after Johan´s confirmation and
having all the guests for dinner. It was a very nice day!

Apparel: jeans skirt and a red, grey and white top.

State of mind: Tired but content regarding todays events. A little upset concerning another thing.

Thoughts: (I´m listening to Christer talking with Johan´s soccer coach. It has turned out the coach and trainer of the team are discriminating some of the boys in the team, (Johan is among those) because they originally come from another team.) I´m thinking that people involved in and responsible for sport activities for young people should know better than acting the way these persons have acted. I´m pretty upset about it.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #87
Doctor Watson

Weather: It's past midnight here, but the day was amazingly warm and beautiful. It might be that these few weeks of sun and warmth are the most warm in Finland this summer, so I'd better try to enjoy it as long as it lasts.

One of my friends said that there's always so much weather to talk about in Finland.

Activity: Should be doing some revising for an exam tomorrow and then going to bed.

Apparel: A black slim-fit t-shirt (no Trep, not too tight, just right ) with a pink logo with a skull in it and a triangle around it and a text that says "piraattihomo". ( See here.) It can be translated to "gay pirate". It can mean literally a pirate or a pirate as in a pirated copy. I love this shirt, people are baffled by it.

And jeans.

Mood: hopeful, tired, expectant.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #88
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
Apparel: A black slim-fit t-shirt (no Trep, not too tight, just right )
Good. Otherwise I'd have to fly to Finland to bitch slap you.

Weather: Mostly sunny, 67°F (19°C). The sun broke through and now it's simply beautiful out.

Activity: AG forum, listening to some David Gray.

Apparel: Slim yellow cotton v-neck t-shirt with white shoulder strips, indigo bootcut jeans.

State of mind: Awake, alert, in the moment.

Mood: Content, appreciative of the state of my life right now, sweetened that much more by the weather.

Thoughts: Yes! Just got back from the library (just across the street from me) after finding a couple of Anne Sexton poetry anthologies. w000t! I should run back across the street to sit at cafe and start reading one over a coffee, mmmmm!! I also bought two jars of soap bubbles, one for my niece/best friend Kristin (part of her college graduation gift) and one for me, and I should just take it with me and blow bubbles at cafe.

LOL, Mr. Gamer called me and tried to convince me to come over for some more PS2 gaming, and I know it's me he wants to game . But I really should wind down and prep myself for a week of new job and such. It's a good, good Sunday for this Trep.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #89
merely human

Weather: Cloudy, 63°F (17°C).

Activity: AG forum, finishing up a salad.

Apparel: Grey t-shirt, blue jersey shorts.

State of mind: Planning, speculative, anticipating.

Mood: Slightly hyped, content, satisfied.

Thoughts: It's gonna be a bit lonesome when Nanay flies up to S.F. for 10 days to visit my oldest sister, but at least my work should keep me occupied.

My bus ride to the museum takes me past where E3 is held, on Figuera Street just south of downtown L.A., and already the huge ass banners are up. Should be a total zoo next week.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:44 AM   #90
Lazy Bee

Weather: Amazing: 25 C/ 77 F ! Sunny and warm.

Activity: Just checking the e-mail and AG forum. I´ve been out working in the garden all day and also relaxing in the sun.

Apparel: beige linen shorts and a bikini top.

State of mind: anticipating, content

Mood: relaxed, happy

Thoughts: I´m counting the days until I can visit my little sister who gave birth to a little boy last night! I´m now a double auntie!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #91
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Weather: 64 degrees and cloudy.

Activity: Watching TV, surfing the 'net, grinning stupidly.

Apparel: Black "Reno" T-shirt, blue jeans.

State of mind: Absurdly happy, anxious.

Mood: Soaring.

Thoughts: I got a very long E-mail from "Beau" this evening...all good news.
It scares the shit out of me that a few hundred words on a computer screen (if they're the right words, and from the right person) can affect me so strongly.
Of course, it could just be that I'm light-headed from dancing all around the room. Hard to say, really.

Share the love.

<3
Old 05-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #92
Friendly Server Admin

Weather: Nice. It's LA.

Activity: Watching an all-AG tetris DS battle and reading my email.

Apparel: T-shirt, shorts. Surprise.

State of mind: Tired, and fearful of E3.

Thoughts: I can't wait to get my hands on the Wii.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #93
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Old 05-09-2006, 11:37 PM   #94
gin soaked boy

At work, need to go grab some food.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #95
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Location: a office room at Basingstoke College of Technology in Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom

Weather: well, at least it was sunny and very warm some minutes ago

Activity: updating files about career information for students.

Apparel: blue jeans and a black shirt, black shoes that make my feet sweat because of the warm weather

State of mind: worried about the information piling up in the internet while I'm away

Mood: happy when I don't think about internet, sad when I do think about it.

Thoughts: The Wii is going to kill me with it's awesomeness, I laugh at the final price of the PS3 console.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #96
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Weather: Dark. It was raining earlier today, but it has stopped now.

Activity: Browsing forums, putting off going to bed.

Apparel: See every other post. My wardrobe is about as varied as my Kit Kat-based diet.

State of mind: Tired, anxious, stressed.

Mood: Vaguely irritated, ever-so-slightly depressed.

Thoughts: How the **** am I going to have the rest of these script lines learnt by 6pm tomorrow? And how am I also going to pick my optional subject and choose my room for next year tomorrow . And now I'm swearing almost non-stop, so I must be stressed.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #97
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Weather: Now at 8:15 pm, 37ºC (~99ºF). This day was awful, when I got out from the office I felt how the wind almost burned my skin for a second... it was 43ºC (~110ºF) how nice

Activity: Eating ice cream, a lot of ice cream.

Apparel: A t-shirt and shorts.

State of mind: I should be excited for my trip next month but it's too hot to think about it.

Mood: Sticky, my AC is broken and I'm sweating like there's no tomorrow and well, fans are useless when they just have hot air to blow

Thoughts: None, too hot to think.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #98
merely human

Weather: Evening, partly cloudy 64°F (17°C), and very pleasant.

Activity: AG forum, eating chewy brownie cookies and fresh strawberries, waiting for the Xbox360 Test Drive: Unlimited demo to finish d/l (which it just did!).

Apparel: White cotton 'Las Vegas' t-shirt, light grey jersey shorts.

State of mind: In the moment, full of thoughts, slightly pre-occupied with this and that.

Mood: Little bit guilty for getting a 360 a little too soon, otherwise content.

Thoughts: Hookay, finally got my Xbox360 and my copy of Oblivion. Interesting, 'cause today is the first day of E3 - coincidental, really. Went to BestBuy originally to look for a little HDTV in preparation for when I do get the 360 in the next several weeks, but the TV I wanted was out of stock and I wandered off to the gaming section and.....yeah. Great stuff I got - free Live Gold subscription for a month, downloadable goodies, and all. I'll just get my HDTV in a another few weeks, then.

Got a phone call from J., this handsome curmudgeon who looks to be either romance material or just good friend...or both. He's on vacation in Long Island with family for another 2 weeks til he returns here to L.A. and then we can finally meet up for drinks. He's a big-ass crab, hates video games, quite an acerbic sense of humour, is a writer...........and is f***ing handsome. Figures.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #99
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

Weather: Evening, partly cloudy 64°F (17°C), and very pleasant.

Activity: AG forum, eating chewy brownie cookies and fresh strawberries, waiting for the Xbox360 Test Drive: Unlimited demo to finish d/l (which it just did!).

Apparel: White cotton 'Las Vegas' t-shirt, light grey jersey shorts.

State of mind: In the moment, full of thoughts, slightly pre-occupied with this and that.

Mood: Little bit guilty for getting a 360 a little too soon, otherwise content.

Thoughts: Hookay, finally got my Xbox360 and my copy of Oblivion. Interesting, 'cause today is the first day of E3 - coincidental, really. Went to BestBuy originally to look for a little HDTV in preparation for when I do get the 360 in the next several weeks, but the TV I wanted was out of stock and I wandered off to the gaming section and.....yeah. Great stuff I got - free Live Gold subscription for a month, downloadable goodies, and all. I'll just get my HDTV in a another few weeks, then.

Got a phone call from J., this handsome curmudgeon who looks to be either romance material or just good friend...or both. He's on vacation in Long Island with family for another 2 weeks til he returns here to L.A. and then we can finally meet up for drinks. He's a big-ass crab, hates video games, quite an acerbic sense of humour, is a writer...........and is f***ing handsome. Figures.
J like in J Allard ? So which one is it Trep, J or the PS2 guy?

Firefox rules
Old 05-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #100
merely human

No, is not Allard or that PS2 guy, whoever he is. It's just.......well, this goodlooking crab named J. who is gonna get his ass kicked by me 'cause he thinks video games are big waste of time. Mmmph!

EDIT: Figures I'd get two diametrically opposed guys attracted to me. One, a squirmy puppy who loves video games but is too hyper for his own good, the other a writer & schoolteacher who hates video games but is really goodlooking and needs a good ass kicking.