You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat In the moment: where are you this very minute?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #41
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
Hrm....sounds interesting! You´ll have to tell us more later on.

Old Town, Pasadena, California

Weather: pleasant, cool, partly cloudy at 57°F/13°C.

Activity: AG forum, other sites online; relaxing after coming home from a coffee date.

Apparel: slim blue cotton t-shirt, deepest indigo denim bootcut jeans, bare feet.

State of mind: thoughtful, reflective.

Mood: relaxed, calm, almost meditative, content.

Thoughts: I'm pleasantly bemused at the fact the I actually went on a date. A date! Just came back home from this awesome coffeehouse in Old Pasadena, a sweet loft style place which is anything but Starbuck's, and they have wi-fi and I want to spend afternoons there writing. My date picked me up in his dark green Mercedes and we drove there, he suggested the place. It went sweetly, his accent was enamouring (but I then I do have a weakness for accents), and we bonded. We'll meet up again, as he kept asking me what my schedule will be, LOL! I'm in a sweet mood tonight, looking forward to working tomorrow.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-22-2006, 09:24 AM   #42
Roar?

Weather: Sunny, cool, and very windy.

Activity: Working on a mix cd for someone, casually browsing AG forums and TWoP forums.

Apparel: blue jeans, black lacey top thing, bare feet, huge ridiculous owl necklace.

State of mind: TOO thoughtful. I wish my brain would shut up.

Mood: so-so. I'm anxious and fidgety for no reason I can discern.

Thoughts:

-Why am I so fidgety? I should do some house cleaning, that will settle me down (I hope). The lawn needs to be raked but I HATE raking.

-Should I respond to someone whose asked me if I'm interested in doing some illustration work? I'm feeling insecure about my abilities at the moment.

- I hope my cat isn't sick. I'm taking him to the vet on Monday. What if it's his kidneys? Poor kitty. My cats are getting old and it's upsetting.

- I wish my Sudafed would kick in and get rid of my sinus headache. I hope my doctor doesn't notice that I still haven't gone to get a sinus x-ray even though he gave me the forms for it 6 months ago.

- Should I go out tonight or not? Maybe I'll go look for Dreamfall and have a nice night in.

- I hope my mix club partner likes the mix I made. I need to stop obsessing over it and changing it.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #43
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Weather: Dark. Dry, but the ground is wet because it was raining.

Activity: Browsing the forums, yawning, using IRC.

Apparel: See earlier posts.

State of mind/mood: Tired, complacent.

Thoughts: I should really go to bed.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:18 PM   #44
merely human

Weather: Evening, clear at 59°F/15°C, and pleasant.

Activity: AG forum, listening to NPR news programs, catching up on email, and will soon play an hour or so of Dreamfall before retiring.

Apparel: White cotton t-shirt, grey cotton shorts.

State of mind: Attentive (to the news).

Mood: Tired from running around all afternoon, but quite satisfied.

Thoughts: Gawd, I love the city! Just spent most of the afternoon walking around and exploring downtown Los Angeles, particularly around the garment district. I love the gritty atmosphere, the old ornate architecture of the buildings, and the mostly Mexican owned stores and all the bustling around. It's amazing how all that is within my reach, yet I'm cradled in the sweet nest that is South Pasadena, just minutes from downtown. At Union Station (where I switch from the subway train to the light rail train to get home) I picked up a huge beef burrito to go from a street market tacqueria. I can't believe I ate it all! I'll have no trouble sleeping tonight.

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-25-2006, 03:47 AM   #45
all loved up

Weather: Cloudy and overcast, with just a touch of blue sky peeking hopefully through the clouds.

Activity: AG forums, soon to start work on an essay.

Apparel: Red jumper and jeans.

Mood: anticipation to finish uni, but somewhat satified that, if I follow my timetable, I should get all my work done.

Thoughts: All over the place at the moment. I always, subconciously or conciously, think of my boyfriend back home, and how much I miss him, usually coupled with very strong urges for university to just hurry up and finish. Got to remember an appointment for tomorrow, and of course, my immense workload is occupying my thoughts quite alot at the moment!
Old 04-25-2006, 08:19 AM   #46
Lazy Bee

Weather:The sun is trying to force itself through the clouds. 10 degrees C.

Activity: AG forum. Have just played an hour of Scratches. Will leave the computer and create some dinner.

Apparel: black jeans, black top under a v-neck (expression?)army green top.

Mood: Tired in a good way.

Thoughts: I´ll have to check on Johan who´s in bed with a terrible wryneck (expression?). He couldn´t get out of bed this morning by himself. His head is turned right and it´s really painful for him to move it the slightest.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #47
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
I´ll have to check on Johan who´s in bed with a terrible wryneck (expression?). He couldn´t get out of bed this morning by himself. His head is turned right and it´s really painful for him to move it the slightest.
We call that "having a crook in his neck". I used to get those when I was his age. Basically, they're a cramp that comes from sleeping in an odd position all night.
As with all muscle cramps, circulation and potassium are the keys to getting him over it. He should drink orange juice and eat bananas for the potassium, and take a long hot shower with the water jet aimed right at his neck to increase the circulation in that area. If you have a massaging shower head, so much the better.
I hope Johan gets to feeling better very soon.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #48
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
We call that "having a crook in his neck". I used to get those when I was his age. Basically, they're a cramp that comes from sleeping in an odd position all night.
As with all muscle cramps, circulation and potassium are the keys to getting him over it. He should drink orange juice and eat bananas for the potassium, and take a long hot shower with the water jet aimed right at his neck to increase the circulation in that area. If you have a massaging shower head, so much the better.
I hope Johan gets to feeling better very soon.
Thanks for the advice. He is gradually getting better. He´s now up and is also able to turn his head straight forward and a little bit to the left. I´ll be taking him to a naprapath tomorrow if it still is the same as today.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #49
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Weather: Sunny and spring-like, although it's going dark. My window is wide open, and until it went a bit cooler with the setting sun I had lots of people sitting on the grass opposite. Wish I could have joined them - need a laptop and a big Ethernet cable.

Activity: Avoiding work. Regretting my decision to listen to all of the music on my computer in alphabetical order, and I'm only up to "Ap". At least the Abba is out of the way.

Apparel: Jeans, ski club T-shirt, zip-up blue top.

Mood: Airy, but I need to work. Which isn't a good combination.

Thoughts: I'm really glad it'll be summer soon. And I'll shortly be finished with my project, for better or worse, so I'll have lots more time to spend outside! Woo.

I am now seriously considering buying a second-hand laptop. And big Ethernet cable, obviously.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #50
guybrush_guy

Weather: beautiful all week and last week aswell, the sun is shining everyware and its a constant 70-85

Activity: typing on forums, working more on my art and listing to the new Tool album, very difrent from the last but still just as good

Apparel:same type of cloths i ware everyday when i'm not in my work uniform, blue jeans with a black t-shirt with a slogan or band on it

State of mind: happy, i'm very happy. I'm relaxed for the first time in 6 months, but i'm also frustrated because there is this one person that i love more then anything in the world, i would do anything for her, she feals the same but her lover for me is'nt the same way.

Mood: it has been a good one since april 14, just relaxing and preparing to go back to work next tuesday.

Thoughts: what can i do to change her mind? is there anything i can do to change her mind? do i want to her feel diffrent, does she realy understand how i feel for her?

Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #51
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Location: My computer in my room by the huge northern window (Which I just closed, so the night flies don't come in to the light. Will have to put up the fly net in the next weeks.)

Weather: Clear, starry sky.

Activity: Browsing forums, dowloading NWN mods, waiting for my garlic oven cheese to finish baking. Giggling about baby pictures of me (and of my sisters), which I just looked through to find one suitable for the yearbook.

Apparel: Pyjamas.

State of mind: Giggly. Happy, though a bit anxious because of French AP.

Mood: A bit restless, but generally comfy. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Thoughts: Why does my father have to complain where the scissors are to me? Why does he always think that *I* forget to put things back? I might not be as tidy as my eldest sister, but I am in no way as messy as my middle sister. And then he says the scissors are not in the plastic tool drawer because they're not *supposed* to be in there. Guess what? They were in there. The scissors were probably lying outside in the kitchen when our cleaning fairy came, who then put it in a drawer that seemed right (plastic. But it's supposed to go in the miscellaneous [and battery tester. And bits of string. And glue.] drawer.). I love my father, but I can't help to be annoyed at his repeated stubbornness. That's where I got my stubbornness from, I guess.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #52
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Location: See every other post I've made. I may have a laptop, but it doesn't move much during term time...

Weather: It's dark. All day the weather has been fairly miserable if not actually raining, but it's difficult to tell that at night with little light available.

Activity: Browsing the AG forums, checking the BBC news website, just come from playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, thinking about watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Apparel: Again, see every other post. My clothing choices are at least predictable, if incredibly uninspired.

State of Mind: Much better than yesterday, when I decided to go through one of my emotional slumps. Vaguely worried that I did very little work today, but otherwise fairly complacent, except for the nagging should-have-learnt-some-play-lines feeling.

Mood: Indecisive. I always have so many things that I could be doing that I don't actually do any of them .

Thoughts: I have a horrible feeling that I'm going to chicken out of playing Call of Cthulhu before long. And at least I'm not over-analysing what I perceive to be wrong with my life like I was yesterday evening.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #53
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I love my father, but I can't help to be annoyed at his repeated stubbornness. That's where I got my stubbornness from, I guess.
When I look at my children I can clearly see what they got from me. Some of it are qualities I was hoping would go away in the blend of genes. When Johan and I (he´s very much a male version of me ) get on each others nerves it´s because we are too much alike. The good in it is that I often understand his reactions although I don´t always agree with him.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:01 AM   #54
all loved up

Weather: Quite nice now, for once. Sunny and somewhat warm.

Activity: Just aobut to start work on my dissertation, but procrastinating on here for the time being.

Apparel: Brown trousers, dark brown jumper.

State of mind: Stressed. I feel like I can't cope with all this work at the moment.

Mood: Tired and quite depressed, even though I've just got up and had a wash.

Thoughts: Why is Gemma (Jemma?) such a miserable, moaning little *****? Literally all she says to me is a complaint in my direction. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take before I relent and go home for a few days. (Which I really can't afford to do..) I miss my bf loads, and need to put some more posters up here, my room still looks like a prison cell.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 PM   #55
merely human

Weather: Cool, light rain, 63°F (17°C).

Activity: AG forum, listening to Nanay's typical 'prescription for life' (gotta love her). Will be playing Dreamfall again soon.

Apparel: Fresh white cotton t-shirt, grey jersey shorts.

State of mind: Slightly light headed from sinus weirdness (associated with fluctuations in the weather), otherwise fully alert.

Mood: Tired from a day of work and running around, but still content.

Thoughts: YES!!!! After hunting through several 'wholesale' perfume sellers in the garment district in downtown L.A., I finally found my precious Dunhill Edition cologne (you reading this, Scottsie?) !!! The guy I bought it from told me it's now rare to find it, they may have stopped producing it (damn!). Still, I'm so f***ing happy! It's my favourite scent, makes me feel at once masculine, distinct, and sexy (one of the ingredients is sweet tobacco - top notes: lemon, petitgrain, bergamot, clary sage, basil, lavender; middle notes: clove, cinammon, nutmeg, geranium, muguet; base notes: cedarwood, sandalwood, amber, musk). You know, you can wear the most basic, cheapest white cotton t-shirt and jeans, but NEVER EVER skimp on fragrance, because that is what truly sets you apart (and can also play a vital role in whether you get a date).

Not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow on my day off work, but I'll try and go see Silent Hill sometime in the afternoon.

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 04-26-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #56
In his own world now

weather: cold............no idea what temp. but i am thinking about turing the furnace on

activity: talking to girlfriend on phone, chatting online, drinking some expensive as hell 100 proof scotch

apparel: boxers and shorts, nothing else

state of mind: drunk

mood: i am very happy.............now

thoughts: i had my day off today since i am on call tommorrow, went with some friends to a local shooting range...............i was drunk off my ass and i was still able to shoot a perfect 200
i need to start laying off the booze, because i am begining to build a tolernce to it..............i drank a whole bottle of 100 proof and i was still with it............meanwhile jeff could not hold his liquor and was ready to pass out after 10 shots of what i had
sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of you..............other times the problem may take years of struggle to overcome it, but no matter how hard the solution, solving the problem is one of the highest forms of satisfaction known to man
Old 04-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #57
merely human

I could use a martini.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #58
Doctor Watson

Location: My apartment in the campus area, sitting in front of the computer.

Weather: The weather is awesome here at the moment. Spring finally came to Finland a while ago, just in time for the First of May. It's sunny and bright - still a bit cold though - but it's the most perfect weather for being outside. Too bad I enjoyed the beautiful weather too much some days ago: I hurt my left foot when I was out jogging.

Activity: writing this thing, soon to be taking a shower and eating something and trying to study for my German exam which is in three hours.

Apparel: Jeans.

State of mind: slightly anxious. If there was a word for "the feeling you get when spring has come", I would use it, but alas, I don't know it. (No, not horny.)

Mood: worried, thinking about the past (uncharacteristic of me)
Old 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM   #59
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Weather: Same as Womsie! =)

Activity: Visiting AG, and other various sites, going home soon to make something to eat

Apparel: Jeans and t-shirt

State Of Mind: Relaxed, It´s my day of from work, or actually I´m free until tuesday

Mood: Happy, feels good that the spring has come!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:22 AM   #60
Roar?

Weather: Gorgeous!

Activity: Eating my lunch (chicken soup) and snickering at one of my cats who has somehow managed to get a piece of popcorn stuck to his nose.

Apparel: Jeans, maroon t-shirt, ponytail

State of mind: Excited! Dreamfall dreamfall dreamfall.

Mood: Pretty good. Restless. I feel like travelling.

Thoughts: I'm wondering where the heck a $100 cheque I received last week has disappeared to. I had it on the kitchen table and now it's gone.

PS Jaz: My mother used to always accuse me of taking anything that she couldn't find, scissors especially! It drove me nuts. Once she thought I had taken a kitchen bowl (???) and had it hidden in my locked sea chest. Pfft. She later found it somewhere odd she had placed it absent-mindedly. Of course she didn't apologise.