You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat In the moment: where are you this very minute?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #21
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Yeah, that's Good Eats
That's the one!
The next show was some girl yammering about how great Cooperstown is (on The Food Network, no less!), so I moved on. Where is Bobby Flay or Jamie Oliver when you need them?

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #22
merely human

Weather: evening, partly cloudy, 60°F and very pleasant.

Activity: AG forum, TV news is on but only for company, eating a simple dinner of honey baked ham, steamed broccoli, and fresh squeezed orange juice.

Apparel: white cotton t-shirt and grey cotton jersey shorts.

State of mind: tired but alert, reflective.

Mood: content, pleased, and a little proud from accepting a position offered me at the Natural History Museum of L.A. (I will quit the zoo in a couple weeks).

Thoughts: damn, I should have ordered something for dinner at the crêpes booth at the weekly farmer's market. I disembarked the train at my stop and all the vendors were packing up for the evening, but the crêpes booth was still open. Ah well, next week I'll do it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #23
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Weather: It's dark and raining outside.

Activity: Distracting myself from studying for my computer graphics final exam.

Apparel: A red shirt and tan cargo pants.

State of mind: Constantly worrying about failing exams and wishing it were Tuesday so I can stop thinking about said exams and start thinking about my next adventures in life.

Mood: Uptight and somewhat high-strung.

Thoughts: I think I need a shower.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Where is Bobby Flay or Jamie Oliver when you need them?
Forget them. It's all about Anthony Bourdain. And if the moment were 10 pm on a Monday might, then at this moment you should be watching the Travel Channel for him.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #25

Weather: night, getting cold, somewhat rainy

Activity: waiting for the Ultimate Fighter to start

Apparel: same as in my first post

State of mind: tired

Mood: anxious

Thoughts: tomorrow I'll watch better movies
Old 04-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #26
In his own world now

location: my room (laying on a bunch of blankets on the floor)

weather: starting to rain........it is thundering and lightning as well

activity: lying on the floor with my girlfriend resting her head on my abs, watching the comedy channel (comedy central) downloading several tv episodes i missed this week and chating on forums (duh )

apperal: um.........nothing (do the blankets count? ) same with her

state of mind: rather calm............and sore

mood: happy

thoughts: i want to go again..........but we are both too tired, i am just going to cuddle and spend time with lauren ( my girlfriend ).......i think i am going to just drift asleep in a half hour.............today was a good day, and not just because of how it ended
sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of you..............other times the problem may take years of struggle to overcome it, but no matter how hard the solution, solving the problem is one of the highest forms of satisfaction known to man

Last edited by Dangerzone; 04-20-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #27
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Forget them. It's all about Anthony Bourdain. And if the moment were 10 pm on a Monday might, then at this moment you should be watching the Travel Channel for him.
Seconded, although in my case I watch him whenever an episode appears on my tivo
Old 04-21-2006, 03:44 AM   #28
Grah! Grah!

Is it just me, or is Bourdain, like the very essence of piratyness?

Oh yeah,

Weather: night, coldish, possibly raining lightly, has been rain and hail on-off all day

Activity: killing time, listening to music

Apparel: shirt coloured somewhere between yellow and gold, cheap, crappy, ill-fitting pinstripe trousers, because my decent ones are being dry cleaned

State of mind: excessively active

Mood: frustrated, slightly angry

Thoughts: shit, I wish I were just slightly less responsible so I could go out, get wasted, maybe go to a Western themed strip club some guy named Leroy (who had his hair and beard cut exactly like Mr T) recommended to me at about 5:30am last Sunday, despite having to work in the morning

Last edited by Junkface; 04-21-2006 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:48 AM   #29
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Weather: Dry. Overcast, but not too gloomy.

Activity: Wasting some time between collections.

Apparel: See yesterday (though not exactly the same clothes).

State of Mind: A little too complacent. The paper that I just sat wasn't too bad, though I expect to foul up the one that starts in a little over an hour's time.

Mood: Anxiety mixed with relief. If that's possible.

Thoughts: Only another four-and-a-bit hours until I finish collections and can get back to playing CSI, Oblivion and Call of Cthulhu!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:18 AM   #30
Explorer of the uncharted

Weather: Mild, colder than yesterday, a few drops of rain now and then.

Activity: Doing some routine web surfing.

Apparel:Barefoot, wearing dark-blue jeens and an overly green t-shirt.
In need of a shower, altough I covered that up earlyer with some cologne.

State of mind: Tired, light headache.

Mood: Somewhat depressed.

Thoughts: Trying to avoid them; Thinking about lying down for a bit.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:42 AM   #31
Chris Barraclough

Weather: Grey

Activity: Not work

Apparel: Work clothes

State of mind: Happy cos it's Friday

Mood: Happy cos it's Friday

Thoughts: "Ooh, I'm happy cos it's Friday." Silent Hill then clubbing followed by kebab tomorrow, woohoo!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 04-21-2006, 06:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Eiw. Let's just say that I operate on another frequency entirely. One without any tennis balls at all.
You can't blame them for trying
Old 04-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #33
In his own world now

weather: overcast.............rain is due later today

activity: i am getting ready to work out and lift weights ( i like to be ripped and have a nice body )

apperal: boxers, basket ball shorts and no shirt............same as always when i am home

state of mind: clear, somewhat bored.........there is nothing going on right now

mood: somewhat happy

thoughts: none really.............i think i am going to hang out at the local mall if it starts to rain ( i have $1000 burning a hole in my pocket and i want to get some new hardware for my computer)
sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of you..............other times the problem may take years of struggle to overcome it, but no matter how hard the solution, solving the problem is one of the highest forms of satisfaction known to man
Old 04-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #34
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Weather: Dark, but clear. Loads of people have been outside until recently.

Activity: I was playing CSI: Dark Motives, but managed to break it. Will probably play some more Oblivion shortly.

Apparel: See my previous post. It's still the same day, and I don't feel the need to change just because it's the evening.

State of mind: Frustrated that I'm going to have to replay that case in CSI, and rather annoyed (for other reasons) despite the fact that collections are now over for me.

Mood: Bored/frustrated/slightly depressed.

Thoughts: Can I actually be bothered to do anything else this evening?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #35
merely human

Weather: bright, sunny with some haze, 67°F/19°C

Activity: AG forum, online news, researching L.A. bus routes, sipping coffee.

Apparel: cotton t-shirt and cotton jersey shorts.

State of mind: expectant, not too full of thoughts.

Mood: relaxed, content, slightly excited for this evening, sad to be quitting my job at the zoo, but looking forward to starting my new job at the natural history museum.

Thoughts: looking forward to my dessert & coffee date this evening with a new friend, an intellectual scientist who works at CalTech and lives not far away. Heh heh, he's Greek and a consummate nerd but he and I both love art, culture, and stuff and it's possible he may have seen my brother Don around there 'cause Don (who is a physicist) used to work at JPL/CalTech. Small world, huh?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #36
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
looking forward to my dessert & coffee date this evening with a new friend, an intellectual scientist who works at CalTech and lives not far away.
Hrm....sounds interesting! You´ll have to tell us more later on.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #37
Lovable rogue

Weather: Dark, and I can't see the moon.

Activity: Just watched a movie, now listening to music from my favourite decade - the Eighties, and sipping Mr. Jack Daniel's fine Tennessee whiskey.

Apparel: My pyjamas.

State of mind: Tipsy. To quote something I heard on TV today - I'm not drunk, I'm colourful!

Mood: Bouncy.

Thoughts: Should I bother talking about the film I watched in the "recently seen" thread? What song shall I play next? I need a boyfriend.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #38
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
Mood: Bouncy.
< grabs Jatsie and bounces him around >
Old 04-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #39
Citizen of Bizarro World

Weather: cloudy

Activity: downloading some TV shows

Apparel: my cousin's hl2 t-shirt which he forgot here, and my favorite pair of sweats.

State of mind: brain-ache

Mood: trippy

Thoughts: durrrr....deee tee dee!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 04-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #40
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Location: still at home, still in front of the computer. This section doesn't really work too well if you only have one computer, and it doesn't move.

Weather: Dawn, and as the sun breaks through the piercing chill of night, it lights up... well, looks like a clear, dry day.

Activity: trying to do something productive. That's why I'm here on the AG forums. Ahem. I'm also taking advantage of my neighbour's absense by listening to some loud music.

Apparel: Exactly the same as yesterday!

State of mind: Expectant.

Mood: Reasonably happy, though tired.

Thoughts: I'm looking forward to going to London in a few hours. I should really be in bed, but I'm scared that if I fall asleep now, I won't wake up in time! I hope the train is comfy and quiet so I can get some rest there.