Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   In the moment: where are you this very minute? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/14467-moment-where-you-very-minute.html)

I Love Cookiemonster 09-25-2006 11:09 AM

Weather: Dark, dry, not to cold

Activity: Posting here, Listening to Wolfmother, reading a booklet from school

Apparel: White boxers

State of mind: Uncertain, had my first day of school ttoday and it was a bit messy. Don't have any books yet, i'm about 2 weeks behind, and don't have acces to the school computers yet. Don't have a pas to yet so i can't even get a bloody can of cola out of the vending machine.

Mood: confussed/Uncertain[/QUOTE]

Lee in Limbo 09-25-2006 06:58 PM

Weather: dark and cool

Activity: pissing away the last of my wakeful energy ceaselessly looking for amusement on the internet, when all of my favourite people have disappeared, and my wife is lost in World of Warcraft.

Apparel: sea blue Florida cotton tee, black cotton track pants, heavy socks, and a headset (so any music or videos I find don't interrupt my wife, whose computer is a few feet away from mine, facing the other way).

State of Mind: a little morose and aimless

Mood: lonely and bored, but too tired to do anything constructive

Intrepid Homoludens 09-27-2006 11:01 AM

http://static.flickr.com/28/62804820_c5cecdc7c2_m.jpg
Kaldi, the cafe across the street from my home.

Weather: Bright and clear here in South Pasadena, California, 74°F/23°C.

Activity: Just finished a bit of writing over a coffee and chocolate croissant.

Apparel: Slim black cotton polo shirt, slouchy boot cut jeans, black suede skate shoes.

State of mind: Up and bright and alert.

Mood: Happy. No other word to describe it at the moment.

Thoughts: Looking forward to going to the Huntington Library with Mr. Redhead, who should be here in a few minutes. Need to go home first to drop off the laptop.

rlpw 09-27-2006 11:21 AM

Have a good time Trep!!! And no necking in the library

Intrepid Homoludens 09-27-2006 06:01 PM

:P Nah. Just a lot of rib poking, Bugs Bunny type jokes, and gawking at the beautiful surrounding gardens (my god, the Japanese section was SUBLIME!! I want to live in that house and sleep on a futon). Got to see the Gutenberg Bible! We did hold hands in the car, though. His hands are so big! :9~

Oh, almost forgot....

http://www.huntingtonbotanical.org/J...ookingback.jpg

Weather: Bright and clear here in South Pasadena, California, 74°F/23°C.

Activity: Waiting for the pizza we ordered. Catching up on forum-ing and emails.

Apparel: Faded white t-shirt with 'Las Vegas' on it, dark grey jersey shorts.

State of mind: Settling down, chill.

Mood: Very content, practically satieted. And I haven't even eaten dinner yet!

Thoughts: Now this is what feeling alive is about!! Mr. Redhead came shortly after noon to get me and we went to the Huntington Library. It was incredibly exquisite! I'm still reeling from the gorgeous Japanese garden and house. I treated him to a nice lunch al fresco in what felt like a little garden setting with gravel paths under dapples of sun and shade. We got lost trying to find our way back to my house and we held hands in the car and laughed and gawked at how beautiful San Marino (suburb) and South Pasadena were. I just know I'm going to sleep sweetly tonight. :z

rlpw 09-27-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

From 'MR Happy' Trep
Thoughts: Now this is what feeling alive is about!! Mr. Redhead came shortly after noon to get me and we went to the Huntington Library. It was incredibly exquisite! I'm still reeling from the gorgeous Japanese garden and house. I treated him to a nice lunch al fresco in what felt like a little garden setting with gravel paths under dapples of sun and shade. We got lost trying to find our way back to my house and we held hands in the car and laughed and gawked at how beautiful San Marino (suburb) and South Pasadena were. I just know I'm going to sleep sweetly tonight.
Glad you had a wonderful time!! And Man I'ld love to see those gardens if I wasn't so worried that Cal. would fall in the ocean at my arrival

Jatsie 09-28-2006 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the Master.

That's better.

Weather: Grey skies, that are not going to clear up.

Activity: Catching up on unread posts.

Apparel: Black GAP jeans, a lime green t-shirt with some interesting detailing on the obverse.

State of mind: Not very alert.

Mood: Bored, apathetic, lethargic.

Thoughts: This is a pretty pointless post, I just felt like pedantically correcting Robsie's misquote, then filled in some padding to disguise that fact.

RLacey 09-28-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob (Post 346306)
Thoughts: This is a pretty pointless post, I just felt like pedantically correcting Robsie's misquote, then filled in some padding to disguise that fact.

Fair enough. I actually cribbed it off a website, but they must have got it wrong :shifty:.

pinkgothic 09-28-2006 11:23 PM

[location] My bed, with my laptop on my, er, lap. Again.

[weather] A sunny dawn.

[activity] Waking up.

[apparel] Pyjamas. Like I said, waking up.

[state of mind] Fuzzy, murky, and generally numb.

[mood] Cynically bitter in a refreshing way.

[thoughts] I set my damn alarm clock to 09:00 and woke up at 08:30, depriving me of a whole half hour of sleep. That's a lot given I've had maybe five hours of it - the additional half hour would've helped considerably, I think.

Now I have to somehow stay awake until I'm in Hannover at 15:00, and then be energetic and enthusiastic to the people I've worked on a project for, to present it. Well, yes and no. It's not my job to present it, but comparing it to the time my team was presenting our concept, I'll have a lot to correct. Frankly, though, I'm having issues envisioning myself with enough energy.

Well! Dressing/etc now. *closes laptop, heads off*

rlpw 09-29-2006 06:03 PM

[location] in front of the LCD monster

[weather] night time

[activity] getting ready for bed

[apparel] clothes... Duhhhh

[state of mind] Pissy and angry at myself for not finishing my car up

[mood] see above

[thoughts] Have to go to bed so I can work tomorrow. Why can't folks retire in there 40s like in the good ole days of Ben Franklin

Kolzig 09-30-2006 02:41 AM

Location: Home, sitting on my chair in front of my somewhat trusty PC.

Weather: It's getting colder every day, the sky is cloudy and gray. Temperature is only 8 degrees Celsius right now.

Activity: Checking out AG forums and talking with my friend over ICQ about play.com order troubles that he has been having ever since play.com started messing around with their policies.

Apparel: Blue Superman S logo t-shirt, black tracksuit pants, dark grey socks.

State of mind: I'm feeling quite ok right now at the moment, especially after last evening

Mood: I'm starting to feel hungry

Thoughts: I had some trouble with my personal life about a week ago, but now everything is alright, sometimes I question myself, why I am I such an overreacting fool?
2,5 hours from now, a friend is coming to pick me up with his old Suzuki car. We are supposed to go this little place about 50km outside of Vaasa to practise the crazy sport of mine, floorball. It's going to take all day, and we are going to stay there over night, should be interesting at least.

lumi 09-30-2006 05:37 PM

State of Mind: tired

Activity: time for me to rest. I worked six days this week because overtime was requested.

Thoughts: I thought that spending eight hours a day playing video games would have me seeing things, but that hasn't happened.

Lee in Limbo 09-30-2006 11:10 PM

Home

Intermittent rain

Last minute dash through the forum

Black tracks, Hellboy teeshirt, ankle socks, old man slippers, wrist brace

Quiet

Calm, anxious (?)

It's warm, Superman Returns was good, and I've been busy all day, so I've been missing everyone. Especially you.

Jatsie 10-02-2006 09:13 AM

Weather: Rain earlier, now it's clear and temperate

Activity: Half watching TV, reading the forum.

Apparel: Just my under garments. (long story)

State of mind: Serene.

Mood: A little sleepy.

Thoughts: Well it's the start of a new week, so I'm pausing to reflect on the past one.

The interesting thing about meeting new people, are all those little associated experiences that one forgets about.
Several people have commented on my accent, and two managed to identify from it that I went to private school.

Person: "Did you go to private school?"
Me: "Is it that obvious?"
Person: "Well, it's the accent."
Me: "Ah, yes..."

I haven't had people telling me that I'm posh since my schooldays. These people haven't even heard my public speaking voice yet.

I think I'm going to go clothes shopping tomorrow.

This Jesse McCartney guy on TV is hot. What's that? He allegedly has a girlfriend? Nah, total beard! ;)

I wish I could be at the Conservative Party conference this week. :frown:

I'm sure there was something I was supposed to do today, that I've forgotten about. :crazy:

I've been thinking for a while now, I should wrap up this post.

Jelena 10-02-2006 10:12 AM

Location: In the room where I always sit. Now it's back to just be the guest room/office. Such a relief not to see my son's clothes everywhere. No, I don't pick them up for him.

Weather: There's a little bit of rain in the air, 10 C/ 50 F.

Activity: Just finished dinner and had to argue a bit to get access of the computer.

Apparel: Brown jeans and a tunic in earth-colours. (I made that expression up. ;) )

State of mind/Mood: Content and relaxed although troubled by this frequent headache of mine.

Thoughts: After having discussed our current life situation with my hubby who -as it has developed- is working out of town all the time we came to the conclusion that we ought to go away the whole family over Christmas instead of doing the big 'see the extended family routine'. I just want to spend time with him and the children, relax and breathe. We've decided on a week on Gran Canaria.

Intrepid Homoludens 10-02-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob (Post 348056)

< wipes drool off his keyboard >

rlpw 10-02-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Jat said
How long is it?!?!
Trep made me

Intrepid Homoludens 10-05-2006 05:49 PM

:shifty:

http://www.iversys.com/html/mymusic/images/126f.jpg

Weather: Clear but darkening for the evening, 67°F/19°C.

Activity: Listening to some Ulrich Schnauss (figures he'd be German, what with these hot German men hitting on me), just finished doing some work related stuff, emailing.

Apparel: light grey t-shirt, dark grey jersey shorts.

State of mind: Wide awake, mindfull.

Mood: Still wafting around in happiness. Nanay bought me a nice beef burrito from today's farmer's market outside our front door. When she asked me if I'm eating dinner yet, I nodded yes as I bit into it, and she smiled that profoundly exquisite maternal smile, and for a moment the world smiled along with her.

Thoughts: I'm in a bit of a swirl at the moment - Mr. Redhead text messaging me twice today, the Getty Center job possibility, Mr. Berlin German Scientist in love with me (and wanting to come to L.A.), yet another L.A. man making a coffee date with me, my writing, my best friend / niece's birthday coming up (I'm sending her nipples of Venus and a cd mix)......I feel so inundated.

Lee in Limbo 10-05-2006 09:16 PM

Weather: Cool, mild

Activity: reading, typing, fighting off headache

Apparel: tracks, socks, sweater draped across lap

State of mind: cloudy with chance of thunder storms

Mood: oddly morose

Thoughts: It was wonderful having our friends over for dinner tonight. Such wonderful company for a change. Played music, sang, talked about everything, smiled a lot. Long walk with friends also very pleasant. Showed off really nice houses I won't own until I grow up. Brought friends home, saw them off, and then started sliding into a slow depression. Also thinking I should have shaved before they got here.

bysmitty 10-06-2006 07:45 AM

Weather: Chilly inside and out. 24/7 air-conditioning is the main problem with having an office in the server room.

Activity: Looking up the definition of the word morose that Lee used above. That and killing time on a very slow day.

Apparel: Same as always, cargo pants, t-shirt, black sport coat

State of mind: Restless. It has been a very slow last few days at work.

Thoughts: I wish someone would break their computer so I could pass the day faster.

...bysmitty