You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat CG feature about sex, greed and a circus elephant on drugs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
mockumentary

Send a message via MSN to Eyeball Kid
Default CG feature about sex, greed and a circus elephant on drugs

Free Jimmy is Norway's first CG feature, and it will have its world premiere in that country April 21 2006. Theatrical releases are planned for UK and US, as the English voice cast includes Woody Harrelson and Simon Pegg (who has also written the English version of the screenplay). The international release date is not set, but it will probably be sometime before Christmas this year. More information can be found on www.imdb.com, www.bcdb.com and the official website (very cool) www.freejimmy.com.

What is interesting about Free Jimmy (org. title 'Slipp Jimmy Free') is its nice art direction and content. Jimmy is a circus elephant who is addicted to drugs (morphine). Other than that, the feature is filled with explosions, strong language, sex and rock'n'roll. The movie seem to be filled with lots of black humour, and for me it is very exiting to see that someone finally dares to explore themes that has been generally left out of animated features for a long time. I'm not saying that there hasn't been animation about this before, but that at least the big mainstream projects have been aimed for both children and adults.

Here is a link for the info on imdb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298337/
Old 04-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #2

Awesome premise, makes for a refreshing change after all those cutesy kids CG movies, and the English voice-cast on imdb looks great!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #3
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'm liking that art style. If the animation is good then this is going to look glorious .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
mockumentary

http://www.nattguiden.no/media/200602/suuccly24.mov - I think the animation in this clip looks good. Especially the facial expressions. And I like the voice work too. The sound effects are missing here though.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
mockumentary

Default English Trailer for Free Jimmy

Check out http://www.freejimmy.com/Trailer/ for a great trailer