You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Distance from Fuan City to Hong Kong

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 07:18 AM   #21
Super Moderator

I think it sounds like a great experience.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:23 AM   #22
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
I think it sounds like a great experience.
Exactly

I'm only 18 years old (19 in May) so I figure it's best to start getting out there as young as I can. Extend my worlview, so to speak. What better a way than to travel? That's my motto. I'll be sure to keep you all posted throughout the year-long stint.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #23
How am I not myself?

Okay, I'm practically ripping my hair out. My doctor has advised me of a disease contracted through mosquitoes that is prominant in rural areas. Apparently I need 3 shots (that part is fine) over the course of a 30 day period (not so good). So Fuan City is out of the equation. I've got another job lined up in Shenzhen City which looks amazing. The problem is I'm leaving in 2 weeks and 2 days. I'm in tears because I'm scared I'm not going to be out of here by that date. They need to work out the Visa and I'm scared it's going to take too long. I've already been postponed so many times. All I want to do is get out of here! I hope everything is sorted out soon because I still have to buy a plane ticket. Arghh, so frustrating. ****!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:41 AM   #24
How am I not myself?

Update. I'm still going. It's not as big a threat as my G.P thought.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #25
More slaw!!!

All will turn out well. I'm so excited for you!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:21 AM   #26
Lazi

oh, back to the original question that you asked, are you planning to visit Hong Kong sometimes too??
Old 04-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #27
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobee
oh, back to the original question that you asked, are you planning to visit Hong Kong sometimes too??
Definitely. It's not as close as I thought but I'm intending on visiting a few times. Actually, I'm meeting up with some friends in Hong Kong They are going on an around-the-world trip. I also must go to Japan, I'm meeting a different group of friends there.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #28
How am I not myself?

Change of plan. I am now teaching in Shenzhen (35km from Hong Kong). I booked my ticket today and am currently in the process of aquiring a Z-Visa. I'll let you all know how it turns out. On the 26th I'll be China bound
Old 04-20-2006, 05:56 AM   #29
How am I not myself?

Glenn Vs. China: Round 3

I was hearbroken once again when I found out that the employment representative I am going through had a fight with the school I was supposed to be teaching at over my lack of Bachelor's Degree. I was pissed. Here's the upside to this tale: Everything in life has a purpose. I got an email from a girl (From Brisbane) teaching in Qingdao, she told me all about the Visa process and even got me a job at her school. Double the pay! She sent me the contract and is meeting with her boss tomorrow. I'm going to apply for my Visa on Monday and then going straight to Flight Centre to book the soonest flight I can possibly catch. The reason I am so excited is because this is the first time I've actually gotten straight answers. She has guided me through exactly what to do and say whilst at the Embassy, etc. China, here I come.