You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Need a room in London & got nice armpits?...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2006, 07:16 PM   #21
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Apparently not. No-one has ever found them particularly attractive that I recall.

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #22
merely human

Found what particularly attractive?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #23
Bad Influence

I was answering this question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Do you guys have nice armpits?

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #24
merely human

You're bushy there, aren't you? Mine have thick but fine straight hairs.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #25
Bad Influence

Quote:
You're bushy there, aren't you? Mine have thick but fine straight hairs.
Everyone always expects me to be, but I'm not at all. People who see me at the beach assume either that I shave my body (I don't) or that I'm Native American (I'm not).

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-16-2006, 08:51 PM   #26
Roar?

I do not doubt that this ad is authentic. People are crazy.

I find this woman so intriguing. Who is this "we" that she often mentions? Does she have a roommate? A husband? A live in partner?

How can she afford a flat like that in London?

Hee. I wonder if it's Sadie Frost.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:38 AM   #27

What would a flat like that in London cost?

And its too bad I got to this thread so late. I would have definitely applied! Though I would have had to move to London. And that means I'd have to quit my job in DC. But it'd be worth it! Or would it? I never did see what she looked like...hmmm...what if she's a female serial killer??
Old 03-17-2006, 03:14 AM   #28
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Do you have nice armpits, Wormsie?
Very. They always help old ladies cross the street and hold quiant tea parties.

Last edited by Wormsie; 03-17-2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:16 AM   #29
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardician
What would a flat like that in London cost?

And its too bad I got to this thread so late. I would have definitely applied! Though I would have had to move to London. And that means I'd have to quit my job in DC. But it'd be worth it! Or would it? I never did see what she looked like...hmmm...what if she's a female serial killer??
Yeah, the whole serial killer aspect would put me right off, especially since she wants to handcuff you...could be Basic Instinct all over again

The flat described in the ad sounds pretty damn nice, and even a scummy flat around Oxford Street would cos a shitload. Never looked at flats around there, but my guess would be about £400 pw. So if you're not put off by the possibility of being murdered, there's a bargain to be had!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 03-17-2006, 04:39 AM   #30

I'm sorry for being a stupid yank (especially cause I don't have a cool accent like you guys), but what is 400 pw? Shoot I don't even know how to do the pound sign. Is it pounds per week? I'm just use to thinking of things in terms of per month.

Oh, and do us yank's have accents to you brits? Do they sound cool? I've always loved the brit accent. And the scots and irish too. To find a gorgeous Irish girl to play video games with...that's my dream...
Old 03-17-2006, 05:01 AM   #31
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

What is this mythical "British" accent? There are, quite literally, dozens of different accents within the British Isles ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:42 AM   #32
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardician
I'm sorry for being a stupid yank (especially cause I don't have a cool accent like you guys), but what is 400 pw? Shoot I don't even know how to do the pound sign. Is it pounds per week? I'm just use to thinking of things in terms of per month.

Oh, and do us yank's have accents to you brits? Do they sound cool? I've always loved the brit accent. And the scots and irish too. To find a gorgeous Irish girl to play video games with...that's my dream...
£400 pw = 400 pounds per week = 1700 pounds per month roughly
That's about $2,600 per month I think, using my dodgy conversion skills.

And yeah, you guys all have accents, I got one when I lived in California and when I moved back here everyone used to love hearing it. Sadly I was a little too young to use it to impress girls for devious purposes

And Rob's right, there's probably around 100 or more different accents in the UK, and they're vastly different. I've still got a slight Sunderland accent, but I'm losing it now I've moved down to London. Even two cities like Sunderland and Newcastle, which are right next to each other, have different accents.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 03-17-2006, 05:46 AM   #33
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
What is this mythical "British" accent? There are, quite literally, dozens of different accents within the British Isles ...
It's the term outsiders use to refer to Received Pronunciation, as due to media stereotyping it is largely assumed that all British people speak the Queen's English.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-17-2006, 05:50 AM   #34
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Received Pronunciation is great. Sadly, it's a bit late for me to pick it up as my default way of speaking, but I really ought to try .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:56 AM   #35

Sorry, I did say I was a stupid yank. I had no idea there were so many variations of accents on your island. Well regardless, whenever I hear one of them, I enjoy it. Of course, much more so when its spoken by a lady. But then I don't really pay attention when the guys talk

And yeah, $2600/month is quite a bit. Probably the same to live in any big city though.

And per week measurement of expenses...you guys really are odd aren't ya?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:09 AM   #36
Chris Barraclough

I think of it that way cos I get paid per week, although thats changing to monthly soon so guess I'll have to convert to your weird method

And if you hear any 'British' accents on any American shows or movies, you can pretty much discount them, cos no one over hear speaks anything like that, apart from possibly our inbred royals. Watch a good bit of Byker Grove or something and you'll see a vast difference.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:52 AM   #37

Only in London. Gotta love that city.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #38
Roar?

I must be the only North American alive who dislikes a great majority of British accents. Liverpudlian accents make me want to stab out my eardrums, Geordie's accents are also intolerable, and the congested snotty public school accent is the worst of them all.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I always picture John Cleese when I think of British accent. Let see, I think he was born in Somerset, grew up in Bristol, and went to Cambridge. I have no idea what that means in British accent terms but he definitely has a very sexy accent, at least to me.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
I took detailed notes...
Well, you know what they say, women over 30 are absolutely fantastic in bed...

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...3&postcount=14

By the way, in case anyone's wondering, I just broke up with a 35-year-old woman and can say from personal experience that Melanie is absolutely right.