You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Anything exciting in your life lately?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 03:08 AM   #1
Schoolgirl From Hell

Default Anything exciting in your life lately?

Well, today my university is closed for the day due to an anonymous tip off that there is a bomb planted in school. Whether it was a prank or not, authorities had to shut down our school for the day. There was the usual flurry of bomb squads and dogs sniffing out any malicious items at the entrance.

On the bright side, I don't have to sit for an exam today.

So, anything exciting happening to you guys lately?

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 03-15-2006, 03:51 AM   #2
gin soaked boy

Not really. And I'm a little late, but happy birthday.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:51 AM   #3
Life and times of...

No, nothing.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

My right shoulder area started suddenly aching really badly today. I don't know if that's exciting, but it hurts like hell.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:10 AM   #5
Chris Barraclough

I'm off to Budapest in a week which I'm looking forward to, time off work yayy! I also just got jumped by my manager holding a camcorder and was forced to recount the tale of the time I spilled wine all down our Head of Systems. Which is gonna be shown at our Annual General Meeting to about 1000 people. Arse!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 03-15-2006, 06:13 AM   #6
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

What a thing to be known for! LOL And recorded for posterity, too!

Lynsie
Old 03-15-2006, 06:17 AM   #7
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
What a thing to be known for! LOL And recorded for posterity, too!

Lynsie
Hehe, the good thing is that everyone knows me, the bad thing is that it's for doing dumb shit

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 03-15-2006, 06:23 AM   #8
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

It's funny you should ask, Mira. Something exciting did happen to me yesterday.
It finally occurred to me to do a Google search for my favorite artist. As it turns out, he's alive and well, and has his own website.
On his website are extensive galleries of his work, which I thoroughly enjoyed viewing. There is also a link with which to contact him, so I sent him a fairly long letter praising his work extensively.
He may answer my letter, he may not, but either way I'm thrilled to know that I can now enjoy his art at my leisure.

Share the love.

<3

Last edited by Sage; 03-15-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:40 AM   #9
Chris Barraclough

Does he do requests?

Old 03-15-2006, 07:06 AM   #10
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Does he do requests?
I'm fairly sure he'd do something on commission. As to price, I have no idea.
I can PM you a link to his website if you like.

Share the love.

<3

Last edited by Sage; 03-15-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:27 AM   #11
all loved up

The most exciting thing in my life at the moment was probably discovering about Jack White's new band (which I can't spell, but I've only just found out about them) and also discovering that they are touring the UK next week (bet all the tickets have sold from quicker White Stripes fans than me though... I must concede, in some ways, his new band sounds better)
Old 03-15-2006, 07:52 AM   #12

Well I've been in a fight with some drugged up 40 year old bald dude outside of a club two weeks ago, that was sort of exhilirating (unintentionally, I was defending myself, as he was convinced I was making fun of him while standing in line for the club ). It was almost surreal - one minute I'm talking to my friends about how awesome the DJs in the line-up were or something - the next this guy is coming at me screaming and pushing people aside. He took a couple of swings and barely hit my arms until I knocked him down on the ground with one hit to his cheek (mind you, this guy was so drugged he was in a different dimension than the rest of us). I'd been in a couple of fights in my high school days, but this was different, I was expecting him to draw a knife or something He walked away with his tail between his legs and his friends followed him - it sort of ruined the party for me somewhat, as I was constantly expecting them to come back with a dozen more people to get revenge, but luckily that never happened. I slept like a baby the next morning though, and I must admit it was sort of thrilling. Other than that not much excitement in my life lately, although I'm currently awaiting word if I got into the film academy, so that's keeping me on my toes. Anyway, Life = Surreal, without a doubt
Old 03-15-2006, 07:52 AM   #13

My girlfriend moved in to live with me, a very interesting career opportunity has come up today, one of my friend has had a baby last week, and I've been in Turkey for one week of relaxing holidays... so yes.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I gave myself two paper cuts today.

But exciting news, you say? Um, I dunno if I have any of that to share with you guys/gals/nondescripts.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #15
Banned User

Exciting? No. Funny? Yes. Went to interview some guy and his kid yesterday about a neighborhood fight about a tree house he built for his kid on city property. When we were sitting with the, I could tell his wife wanted to tell me something but couldn't. When her husband left, she told me her sister and law sold her baby to a priest for $5000 and a car.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #16
capsized.

I, I, God I don't know how to say this...

I just took a three hour bath.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:15 AM   #17
Super Moderator

My research is going much better!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:30 AM   #18
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Last week I started a new job - going good so far!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
Exciting? No. Funny? Yes. Went to interview some guy and his kid yesterday about a neighborhood fight about a tree house he built for his kid on city property. When we were sitting with the, I could tell his wife wanted to tell me something but couldn't. When her husband left, she told me her sister and law sold her baby to a priest for $5000 and a car.
I hope you made that up, otherwise it's not really that funny..
Old 03-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #20
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Well I've been in a fight with some drugged up 40 year old bald dude outside of a club two weeks ago, that was sort of exhilirating
Do you want me to come and beat him up?