You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #1

Default Vomit streak

How long have you gone without vomiting? A long time, or are you like Steve-O and vomit every day?

I don't know about others, but I'm afraid of vomiting. It's pretty gross, stinky, and bad tasting. I've managed to keep it from happening for about twelve years, and I hope to continue the streak till I die.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
merely human

B!tch, thanks a lot. You just made me feel like upchucking, right after I talked about barbequed pulled pork sandwiches in the eating thread.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

Edit: just to keep this thread from being gross (i am probably too late) - horses cannot vomit FYI
Old 03-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #4
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Haha, even the words "vomit" and "streak" together are disgusting!

Sadly, me + any amount of alcohol = chunder everywhere, which probably tells you all you need to know. And more!

Er, so, I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. We could always turn it into the sex thread - most adventurous place you've ever been sick?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
merely human

< spikes Huz's milkshake with considerable quantity of vodka >
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
We could always turn it into the sex thread - most adventurous place you've ever been sick?
Disney Land, the last place I threw up at.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
Er, so, I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. We could always turn it into the sex thread - most adventurous place you've ever been sick?
One night at a bar I used to frequent regularly, I had a few (dozen) too many screwdrivers and had begun to feel a bit woozy.
I walked outside for a bit of fresh air, which didn't help as much as I'd hoped it would. Since the world was doing a slow lazy roll to starboard, I thought it might soothe me to lie down in my car, a gold 4-door Nova.
I hadn't paid much attention to where I'd parked, and walked to the first gold Nova I saw. I noticed I'd left my door unlocked, mentally chided myself for doing so, and got into the driver's seat. The world continued it's lazy roll, and I layed my head down on the seat.
This only served to make matters worse, and I immediately un-drank all those screwdrivers into the passenger floorboard. As I was suffering the after-effects, I noticed the car I was in had gold carpet on the floor, not black rubber floor mats like mine did. Oops!
I sat up, looked around, and spyed my actual car tucked away in a spot across the street. While trying to attract as little attention as possible, I got out of the car I'd just yarfed in, walked across the street, got in my own car, and slunk very quietly homeward.

As it turns out, I had locked my car door after all.

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #8
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Oops!
LOL
I was visiting my friends in Moorestown N.J. Their daughter (we´re the same age) were getting married and the reception and party was in their (very nice and big) home afterwards. There were quite a number of guests, many of them my friend´s collegefriends and they were partying to say the least.
The day after, we had to search the house for throw ups. I found the first under my bed. (and it wasn´t mine!!) Then there were one under a carpet in the livingroom. Ick!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #9
merely human

I'm going to be sick.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I'm going to be sick.
Inhale...count to four.
Hold you breath...count to seven.
Exhale....count to eight.

There...better?
Old 03-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #11

I used to get air sick a lot when I was young. Once I vomited on someone's shoe. And then another time I vomited in the aisle on the way to the bathroom. Good times.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:25 PM   #12
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

My, uh, this is an interesting topic...

I'm lucky in that I don't drink and I very seldom get the flu or anything like that.

No, my main problem is that I own a cat. I love cats a great deal, but one major downside is that they puke on a regular basis. And for whatever reason I'm really sensitive to the sight of cat puke.

Usually I just end up gagging a fair bit, but there's been a couple of occasions where my stomach decided it just couldn't take it and I ended up pausing to toss my own cookies in the kitchen sink. Bleh.

I also have trouble with motion sickness, but while I have gotten extremely dizzy and nauseated on various occasions due to it, I don't think it's ever caused me to actually throw up.

As for adventurous places... well, there was the time I was eating at a local Cracker Barrel. For some reason my body decided that it was suddenly going to rebel at the taste of my entree out of the blue and I had to make a break for the bathroom. I then had to sheepishly inform the maitre d' afterwards that they may need to clean up a bit. (I got most of it in the bowl, but the toilets were really low to the ground. I cleaned as much as I could with soap and toilet paper, but, you know...)

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 03-13-2006, 01:30 AM   #13
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
I don't know about others, but I'm afraid of vomiting. It's pretty gross, stinky, and bad tasting. I've managed to keep it from happening for about twelve years, and I hope to continue the streak till I die.
I saw a Dr Phil show where a woman had this fear of vomiting. It limited her life very much and caused her a lot of trouble. The strange part was at those occasions she actually had been sick enough to vomit, she didn´t think it was that big a deal. But the fear came back right afterwards anyway.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:32 AM   #14
Fire Dragon/Pisces

What exactly is motion sickness? I've produced symptoms you described from time to time (once I did threw up what I ate that night but then again, it could have been stale)
Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #15
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolaes
What exactly is motion sickness? I've produced symptoms you described from time to time (once I did threw up what I ate that night but then again, it could have been stale)
I don´t know for sure this English expression but I guess it´s for example when you´re in a merry-go-round and your sence of balance (you know the inner ear) gets all stirred up and you (at worst) lose the sense of up and down, right and left.
In 1st person games there are many people who experiences motion sickness while playing. I do that too. One of the reasons I prefer 3rd person games
Old 03-13-2006, 01:48 AM   #16
Schoolgirl From Hell

Ugh, you guys are nasty!

Well, the last time I threw up was last October.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 03-13-2006, 02:36 AM   #17
Fire Dragon/Pisces

nasty... no.
in violation of the Spanish royal etiquette code... yes.

Last edited by Jolaes; 03-13-2006 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
I sat up, looked around, and spyed my actual car tucked away in a spot across the street. While trying to attract as little attention as possible, I got out of the car I'd just yarfed in, walked across the street, got in my own car, and slunk very quietly homeward.
You know, this kind of upsets me. You drove home in the state you were in?

I'm always shocked when American people just talk blatantly about driving drunk, as if it's the most normal thing to do in the world. I'm confronted with this all the time on the internet.

Over here in Belgium, we've had the BOB campaign (ads against drinking and driving), and it really worked. Amongst my friends and me there's the unspoken rule that you don't drink and drive, ever. If someone is drunk enough to consider driving home, we stop him. By force if it's necessary. Sometimes you just have to protect people from themselves.
We drink a lot. We do a lot of crazy stuff when drunk. But we'll never drive, because it's just asking for trouble.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:11 AM   #19
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
You know, this kind of upsets me. You drove home in the state you were in?

I'm always shocked when American people just talk blatantly about driving drunk, as if it's the most normal thing to do in the world. I'm confronted with this all the time on the internet.

Over here in Belgium, we've had the BOB campaign (ads against drinking and driving), and it really worked. Amongst my friends and me there's the unspoken rule that you don't drink and drive, ever. If someone is drunk enough to consider driving home, we stop him. Even by force if it's necessary. Sometimes you just have to protect people from themselves.
We drink a lot. We do a lot of crazy stuff when drunk. But we'll never drive, because it's just asking for trouble.
Reading this post makes me upset that I didn´t read Scott´s post thorough enough. I just started laughing at the oops.
The unspoken rule is the same here. If there isn´t a sober driver home from the pub, we´ll take a taxi.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:55 AM   #20
Chris Barraclough

I haven't thrown up in a few years. I did have a mate who stayed over with another, extremely rich, mate one night. They stayed up downing shots and then called me at about 3am completely wasted. The next day the mate that was staying over woke up to find he had thrown up in most of the corners of the bedroom, and also behind the curtains. I think it cost the rich dude about 10 grand to replace the carpets, but then he's rich so **** him

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk