You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do you regret the decisions you have made in your life?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #121
merely human

How's the recording software in that game? Or do you use something else?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #122
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Can you clarify what you actually mean by an "online" degree? The OU works almost entirely like a standard degree course, except you work from home and post in work. At least, I think that's how it works...
The Open University in the UK, at least, is a combination of home working and real live tuition. You attend a university near to your home on a regular basis (a couple of times a month, possibly) for group tuition sessions with a real live tutor. I think you do 'lab' work in a similar way. The rest of the time, you are left to do reading and coursework at home, in your own time, with deadlines by which you are expected to have posted your work to be marked.

The key thing about an OU course it that you can hold down a full-time job and study at the same time, which many people do quite successfully. As I said, many people on an OU course are sponsered by their employers.

Did I say last post in this thread? I meant last one addressed to Jeysie.