You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do you like taking surveys?

View Poll Results: Well, do you?
Yes 2 18.18%
No 1 9.09%
Occassionally 8 72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #1

Default Do you like taking surveys?

Why or why not?

I like to take surveys, unless I have to start looking up information like addresses of old schools or other things I that are difficult to scrounge up. I don't know why, but I find it fun. Maybe because I think my opinions might make things better, or perhaps I just like writing about myself. Bonus points if I have the chance of winning something for participating.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
Lovable rogue

I hate market researchers who accost me on the streets, or come knocking at my door, or phone me during dinner.

I don't mind taking online surveys, provided they're short that is. I'm more likely to participate if my completion of the survey gives me the chance to win something.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 02-27-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Depends on what the surbey is about.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 02-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
I hate market researchers who accost me on the streets, or come knocking at my door, or phone me during dinner.
Yeah, I forgot about those. I don't really feel like chatting with people, because usually I had other things to do.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #5

It really depends, but generally speaking, I hate researchers that call during dinner (why the hell ALWAYS during dinner?) or anytime really. If it's about games or cars or something I'm interested in I'm inclined to take the survey, especially if it's online.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I fill in YouGov polls when they pay me to do so (and sometimes when they don't). Not that I've accumulated enough money to actually receive a cheque yet, but anyway...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
Roar?

Telemarketers and pollsters calling during dinner because that's when you're most likely to be home. I don't answer the phone when I'm having dinner.

I always fill out radio stations' surveys. I'm hopelessly optimistic that they'll start playing better music. I have noticed that since I started regularly doing on station's survey and putting "MORE SOUL AND MOTOWN!!" in the comments box that they are playing more soul and motown. Maybe lots of other people felt the same way as me!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #8
Life and times of...

For a worthy cause.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:53 AM   #9

I dislike them as well, I have only been stopped by them a few times as I normally see them and divert in another direction. But even when I get stopped I am only with them for a few seconds.

This is because I quickly work out what I think they are going to say so I would be a useless candidate to them so I can then move on.

For example, they stop me and ask if I am 18, I say no I am not even though I am 24. Once I say that they say OK, we are looking for people that are 18 and over. So I then go.

Another one is when they say have you had an injury any time in your life. I say no I have never had one. And that makes me a useless candidate again.

Another one is about car insurance. They ask do you have car insurance. I just turn around and tell them that I don't as I can't drive.

Do this is a simple way of not standing around for about 30 minutes doing their survey.

It is also a better way than telling them straight in their face of where to go.

As you can see, I hate doing surveys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob

I don't mind taking online surveys, provided they're short that is. I'm more likely to participate if my completion of the survey gives me the chance to win something.