You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 07:36 PM   #61
Friendly Server Admin

Heh...

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/A...sified_id=5850

I love that it's only street legal because the DMV didn't see it when they issued it plates
Old 03-31-2006, 07:55 PM   #62
SamNMax

In cars.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:55 PM   #63
SamNMax

Cars.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #64
Super Moderator

I've seen this where I live once in a while.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:40 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
What about a Ford Probe, Scott? I have mine for a year now. You think it'll still run 4 years from now?

--Erwin
Wow I've hardly ever seen one in the Netherlands, nice

Ford rules, despite it's losses, cutbacks and questionable business practices, they make some good cars, I love my Focus
Old 04-01-2006, 12:26 AM   #66
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Ford rules, despite it's losses, cutbacks and questionable business practices, they make some good cars, I love my Focus
Hrm...I´m not into cars at all, but buying a Ford Mondeo after four years of driving a Volvo v70 was a little bit of a disappointement.
Volvo V70 is the most comfortable car I´ve driven although the Ford´s leathers chairs (expression?) look a lot nicer.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:33 AM   #67
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
Hrm...I´m not into cars at all, but buying a Ford Mondeo after four years of driving a Volvo v70 was a little bit of a disappointement.
Volvo V70 is the most comfortable car I´ve driven although the Ford´s leathers chairs (expression?) look a lot nicer.
Close enough, Lena - we call them seats, (bucket seats or bench seats).

Lynsie
Old 04-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #68

Quote:
I'd kill for a Saab Viggen though Don't know about the Mondeo, but then again there are not that many sedans that I do like, I'd rather get a Mondeo Wagon ST220 Oooooh teh sexy

^Bad picture, couldn't find a better one
Old 04-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #69
merely human

Scottsie, after you get back from Reno and from having a ball (or two ), tell me what would be the perfect car for a little Trep. Since I don't expect ever be able to afford one for the next, hmmm....lifetime, I guess, let's be rhetorical about it and place the sky as the limit for now.

Anyone else would fancies seeing a Trep driving (i.e. owning) any car you'd like him to, wot car would it be?

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #70

A hot little new red Golf;

Or a feisty Audi A3:

Or cheaper and even more cuter, a Toyota Aygo:

Renault Clio V6 (or regular, which is a lot cheaper):

^ The V6 (sorry for the huge pic)

The new Honda Civic:

And finally my personal favourite, the new Ford Focus ST in electric orange:

(again sorry for the big pic)

Ofcourse these are mostly "European" cars, but those are the best anyway

I'd figure you for a Focus, Clio, Aygo or a Golf, all *HOT* cars IMHO.

Last edited by jjacob; 04-01-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #71
merely human

< has an orgasm >
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #72

Funny how cars can spontaneously trigger that huh
Old 04-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #73
Citizen of Bizarro World

Don't buy this car!

Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 04-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #74
Roar?

I can't drive! I've just never had the money or the opportunity to learn. My parents did not want to teach me and none of my friends had cars. Actually none of my friends NOW have cars.

Since I've gone for so long without learning how to drive I'm kind of frightened to. I'm so jumpy and clumsy, what if I'm a terrible driver? I guess I will learn eventually. I'd like to get a small reliable car that I can drive through the countryside in. I'd really like a TINY car, like a Smart Car, but it'd get blown off the road. We get high winds out here. My mum's regular sized car (Toyota Tercel) gets blown around big time on bridges and highways. It's scary.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #75
Friendly Server Admin

you can buy smart cars in north america?
Old 04-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #76
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Anyone else would fancies seeing a Trep driving (i.e. owning) any car you'd like him to, wot car would it be?

One of my friends got a brand new Mini Cooper for her 40th birthday. (Totally out of proportion IMO, but that´s the way they do thing) It´s bottle green, black convertable roof and has black leather seats. It´s a beauty. Didn´t find exactly that image on the internet, but here´s another Mini Cooper. You´d look really cool in one of those.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #77
cows are my friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
As you're a busy guy with no spare time to spend in garage waiting rooms and you have limited funds at present, a low-mileage Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic would be your best bets. There are other cars that are more stylish or more fun to drive, but they're not as reliable as these two benchmarks. The Civics are more sought-after and more prone to getting stolen, so the Corolla might be the better deal overall.
A little tip I learned (and benefitted from) my mechanic. A Chevy/Geo Prizm is the same thing as a Toyota Corolla. They came off the same line in CA (Geo was an import line from GM). They have the same engine, drive train, parts, etc. etc. The only real differences seem to be in some of the body/interior designings. Though if you look at a same year Corolla next to a Prizm you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. And the Prizm will run you a couple thousand dollars less than an equally equipped, same year Corolla. I bought a 2001 Prizm about a year and a half ago and have only had to replace a MAF sensor (the 2001 Corolla/Prizm has a known issue with this thing blowing). So far, I love it. Then again, I'm an "A to B" car kind of guy and don't need much flair. Oh, and I rarely get less than 30 mpg in city or highway. It's a shame they stopped making them in 2002. Oh well.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #78
merely human

Quote:
One of my friends got a brand new Mini Cooper for her 40th birthday. (Totally out of proportion IMO, but that´s the way they do thing) It´s bottle green, black convertable roof and has black leather seats. It´s a beauty. Didn´t find exactly that image on the internet, but here´s another Mini Cooper. You´d look really cool in one of those.

http://images.securedwebform.com/sto...i/2002/3ha.jpg
< jealous > I hate your friend. < /jealous >

At first I was madly in love with the new Beetle, but when the new Mini came out I totally fainted for it. Like your friend, I too want it in a dark green colour. For some reason I don't think the bright colours work for it, it seems more aesthetically harmonious in classic colours like burgundy and ivory.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #79

That'd be British Racing Green (although it's obviously nowhere near the actual British Racing Green of the early 20th century) Great colour, for certain cars. I liked the Mini in the beginning, but got bored with the design after a month, IMHO the original still is far more beautiful than the new one (just like with the Beetle) and I especially don't care for the people that drive them, for whom their car is usually little more than a fashion accesory.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #80
merely human

I'm pragmatic. I would need a car to get around, of course. But something like a Mini suits my lifestyle anyway. I'm not farmer so I don't want a pickup truck, I'm not a guy suffering from mid-life crisis so bright red Lamborghinis are useless, and I'm not some insecure suburban dad so SUVs do nothing for me.

I'm just a little Trep who refuses to take up any more space and wants something to drive. Oh, and it's too bad there's no hybrid Mini. That would be perfect.