Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Happy? Happy! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/13521-happy-happy.html)

Stoofa 02-26-2006 12:27 AM

Happy? Happy!

Inspired by colpet's thread,

What's making you happy right now? Besides my exclamation point in the thread title. You know you love it.

I'm happy despite being up at 4:20 am for a variety of silly reasons:

It just turned Spring on Animal Crossing and it's beautiful.

I'm buying a ridiculous item off of Yahoo Japan through an escrow service, I was nervous but they are great, even found other auctions for me that were cheaper than what I was looking at. Hurrah for indulgent toy purchases.

I'm going back to work PT on Monday. Sick leave is deadly dull. I may treat myself by having Japanese food for lunch on Monday. Since the beginning of January I've only been out of the house maybe 10 times, and only for doctor's appointments. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I'm going to see a good friend next week who I haven't seen in ages. She's pregnant and I haven't seen her gigantor pregnant belly yet.

So? Why are you happy? If you're not happy piss off to another thread. :P

jjacob 02-26-2006 01:34 AM

I'm happy being almost certain that I'll get accepted into film school (6 out of hundreds get accepted for directing fiction, and 6 for documentary), and even if I don't I'll still be smiling knowing I found out what I really want to do with my life (and try again next year :P). So many of my friends who are into the second or third year or their medical, law or economic studies are just finding out that they really don't want to do anything with it - So I'm just happy I found out I want to try to become a director :)

I haven't been truly happy in months....to which thread should I piss off to. :frown: Being an out of work, out of school 20 year old tends to be on the shitty side...

Jelena 02-26-2006 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoofa
I'm going back to work PT on Monday. Sick leave is deadly dull. I may treat myself by having Japanese food for lunch on Monday. Since the beginning of January I've only been out of the house maybe 10 times, and only for doctor's appointments. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I´m happy for you!
I think I understand your situation. I´m on sick leave since september. And this morning ( it´s 10.50 am right now) I realized that I´ve managed four days without falling asleep at daytime. That´s one small step toward recovery. That made me happy:)

MoriartyL 02-26-2006 02:48 AM

I'm happy because I've just watched a brilliant episode of Battlestar Galactica. :)

In a more general sense, here I am, with no responsibilities at all, in a perpetual vacation. I love my life. :z

RLacey 02-26-2006 02:53 AM

I'm happy that other people are happy. I'm happy that term ends in a fortnight.

I'm unhappy about some things too, but they're hardly important.

saucyminx 02-26-2006 03:33 AM

I'm happy because I am surrounded by good friends who know who I really am and I know that I can get over petty things that's not worth wasting my time and anger over. :)

I'm also happy because my new Internet connection is finally installed and I can surf and chat without any interruptions!

Jelena 02-26-2006 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to post a picture of my darling Jaffa who makes me happy every day. I wrote about her in the Happiness is a new car-thread but here´s a more appropriate thread to post.
She´s a Toller with a little mix of Golden Retriever. Her temper is absolutely the one of a Toller but in her colour and size you can notice the Golden.
Attachment 752

nikoniko 02-26-2006 09:12 AM

I'm happy Friday and Saturday are over. Even more so, I'm happy I'll be flying back to Japan tomorrow. (Finally!)

Karmillo 02-26-2006 09:23 AM

Nothing
*scowls*

jjacob 02-26-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LenaJ
Just wanted to post a picture of my darling Jaffa who makes me happy every day. I wrote about her in the Happiness is a new car-thread but here´s a more appropriate thread to post.
She´s a Toller with a little mix of Golden Retriever. Her temper is absolutely the one of a Toller but in her colour and size you can notice the Golden.

Nice dog :) So she'll get you some juicy ducks AND play around with kids? Awesome :D

saucyminx 02-26-2006 09:37 AM

That is one damn fine-lookin' dog. :)

colpet 02-26-2006 10:26 AM

What a beauty, LenaJ!

lumi 02-26-2006 10:27 AM

Happy? I'm not happy. My day's ruined by the hockey game today.

jjacob 02-26-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Happy? I'm not happy. My day's ruined by the hockey game today.

Then go whine about it in the Winter Olympics thread :D ;)

lumi 02-26-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacob
Then go whine about it in the Winter Olympics thread :D ;)

I did, but my sadness knows no bounds.

Jelena 02-26-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
I did, but my sadness knows no bounds.

He he he:devil:

MoriartyL 02-26-2006 12:49 PM

Hey!- Mopes, get out! No whining in here; don't you see the sign?

Quote:

On wall:
No complaining in the happy thread. Thank you.
Go bring your grievances to some other thread; there are plenty of suitable ones. :D

Melanie68 02-26-2006 12:53 PM

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...6NoWhining.jpg

:D (My aunt's a teacher and has this button ready should a student need it :P).

Edit: BTW, I'm very happy. :) I certainly have some frustrating days but overall :) :) :) :)

SakSquash 02-26-2006 12:56 PM

I just like cuddling with my girl. That always makes me happy.