You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I'm angry. I'm furious. Backstabbers should die horrid deaths.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #21
Super Moderator

^ Lmao!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #22
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Edit: Wow, apparently I'm living with you now! (see NikoDoro's post)
Ahh... you and those bewitching curls, Mel. I just can't keep you out of my mind.

I'll edit you out of my post, but never out of my heart.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:38 AM   #23
Lazi

If you really must live with them for any longer, I guess you shall change yourself, just make as much mess in the flat as you can (of course not on your own stuff), and don't do any housework for them...do the minimum just for yourself.

Is it possible to joint counterfight with the that good roommate?? copy the way they act against you.

26-yr-old female should be well mature enough not to do such stupid things....
Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 AM   #24
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobee
26-yr-old female should be well mature enough not to do such stupid things....
Amen, sister. That's the part that sickens me the most. Previously, whenever I'm upset with my friends, we could always have it out on the table and settle it once and for all... you know, the matured, adult way. But Roopa and Amy - I am just stumped. I don't think it will ever end. So I am currently looking for a new room. Heard from the grapevines that there is a Spanish girl looking for a new roommie...

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 02-24-2006, 07:59 AM   #25

I really sorry about the terrible situation you find yourself in, Mira. Hope things get better soon.

Since it doesn't seem like that you can easily find alternative place to stay, I think I'm with Mel on the whole revenge thing. Doing something in pure retaliation might actually make things worse in the long run. In your shoes, I might have a good talk with them but if the things don't turn around, what I would do is try to stay away from them and have as little to do with them as possible. Let them be their pitiful petty selves and stew in their own juice. Be bigger than them. I think most of us here know that you are beyond the childish, petty games that people like them play. Little people like them do not deserve your attention. You've got bigger things to worry about like planning for a wonderful new life in London or California or wherever you might end up in and finishing up your study of medicine and making something grand and meaningful out of your life.

Always try to remember that you are smarter, more beautiful, and more loved than both of them put together.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #26
Schoolgirl From Hell

Thanks everyone. *heaves heavy sigh* You guys make me feel a lot better about things than people I am actually in contact with.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 AM   #27
Lazi

Good luck on room hunting
Old 02-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #28
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

*envisages Mira with a shotgun shooting at her room-mates*

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:28 AM   #29
Life and times of...

Ditto...
Old 02-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #30
Lazy Bee

I´d say: go find another roomie. Don´t waste your time and energy on things you can not change. It seems you´ve tried everything to have a dialouge, speak your mind etc, etc. Leave them behind and go on in your life. At least you´ve learned something. Although an unpleasant learning.

I stayed at a youth hostel in Moscow once I think it was 1986. It was called (pronounced) Orlyonok or something like that. It was in November right before the big parade on the Red square. At night time little, old women sweeped the streets with brooms made out of birch to make it clean.
It took ages to buy anything in a store since you had to stand in three different lines. One to point out what you wanted, another to get it wrapped, a third to pay. Outside the biggest store GUM there wasn´t one single thing that showed there was a big store. It looked just like any other grey building.
I remember we tried to memorize the signs in the subway to be sure to get off at the right station when we were to go back to the hostel. Then it turned out the sign we had memorized was at all the stations. It was the exit sign. Ha ha!!
But I guess it´s a lot different now.
Good luck with everything Mira/Lena
Old 02-24-2006, 02:45 PM   #31
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
*envisages Mira with a shotgun shooting at her room-mates*
You have no idea how much I wanna do that. I hate them, esp Roopa *that* much. But shooting is too easy... no...

Old 02-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #32
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

You're right. Dynamite is the trick.

Or maybe you could show them that you love them really. A dead rat in a plastic bag will do that.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #33
Schoolgirl From Hell

LMAO

I like the extra prunes in a food trick.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #34
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

That's quite good. I suggest you remove all fibre from their diet for a few days beforehand, though.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #35
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

One of my friends had some of the same kind problems that you have with your roommates, Mira.

This is just why I'll never move to an apartment were I'll have to have roommates (of course excluding a possible girlfriend). I just hate it when there is someone messing around with my things and also doesn't follow my orders/suggestions if I say how something should be done.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:26 AM   #36
Schoolgirl From Hell

Yeah but how many of you know someone who behaves so atrociously at that age and at the same time copying the very person that she is bitching about at the same time?

She has a serious mental problem, I'm telling you. Seriously.

When SJH was here, he also noticed her behaviour. I didn't have to tell him anything.

Good god I wanna hit her so much! Now she is insisting that I still owe her 2000 rubles.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:57 AM   #37

Damn the more I hear the more I stand with my previous recommendation of getting back at her and showing her you're smarter and tougher than she is. Though if it's true what you say it might not be a smart idea, you don't want to wake up with her standing beside your bed with a knife in her hand or something Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:05 AM   #38
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Yeah but how many of you know someone who behaves so atrociously at that age and at the same time copying the very person that she is bitching about at the same time?

She has a serious mental problem, I'm telling you. Seriously.

When SJH was here, he also noticed her behaviour. I didn't have to tell him anything.

Good god I wanna hit her so much! Now she is insisting that I still owe her 2000 rubles.
Get out of there, fast!
Old 02-25-2006, 03:26 PM   #39
merely human

(((((Mira)))))

Sheesh, I don't exactly know what to say, girl, 'cause I've been away and most everyone else has offered one good type of advice or another. I'd think the best you can do for now is let it be known to your roommies that you will get the hell out of there the very first chance you'll get, and until then find some kind small locker and put all the things in there that you do not want touched by anyone else but you. Socially sever yourself from Amy and Roopa, don't engage them anymore, they've both f#&ked up royally and have lost your trust and friendship. Do not even say hi to them when you come home. At the same time, try and stay calm if you have to be in the same room with them, it won't help if you burst out in anger because it'll only make them more defensive. You know that you have done all you can to try to make things better, so you have the sole right to cut ties with them until THEY both own up to their stupidity and want to make amends.

As for Malathi, she is at least willing to be more respectful, so make sure you reward her for that - little gifts of tea and sweets will do it, and some stems of fresh flowers can go quite a long way. Offer to be there for Malathi if she needs help, and always, always thank her for good things she does around the house, no matter how small. If you go out to get some groceries for yourself, ask her if she needs anything and you can get it for her. This is a good way of communicating to Amy and Roopa that being good and respectful definitely has its rewards. Teach this by living as an example to both of them.

If/when it does become possible, get a separate apartment with Malathi as your exclusive roommate. Until then, being good to her while boycotting any kind of relationship with Amy and Roopa is all you can do. Good luck.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-25-2006, 11:51 PM   #40
Schoolgirl From Hell

I can't move out until the next term!

I more or less have confonted Amy. Basically I snapped out at her yesterday and told her that "I know everything and don't pretend not to know" and she gave me the whole "What the hell are you talking about? I don't understand!" act. Frankly, I got fed up with the whole situation and I told her that "I don't share things with people I can't trust... and I'm not going to talk to you until I cool down and God only knows when is that because if I talk to you now while I'm still pissed, I'll start shouting! If what I heard about everything you did to me and said about me is true, well that's just too bad for you."

I enjoyed watching her turn pale.