You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Fabric-Ink Fixative

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
Staff Member

Default Fabric-Ink Fixative

I'm hoping Trep will help me out on this one 'cause I know he used to work in fashion, but read on if you think you might be able to help-

I got a T-Shirt from a festival recently, and got it signed by the band, but the ink is washable marker. Does such a product exist which would allow me to fix the ink into the shirt and wash it normally (I'm fed up of having to sponge wash + iron it)?

Thanks in advance, people.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:44 AM   #2
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

shouldnt you hang something like that up instead of wearing it?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:52 AM   #3
Chris Barraclough

You could try laminating it

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 02-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Translate Me

I asked this of my neighbor who does fabric painting, and she doesn't know of any effective way to fix washable marker. She works with a special fixative for acrylic paint, which of course is no use for you. With permanent marker, she says you can help prevent fading by applying hairspray to the marked area before doing gentle handwashing in cold water with a mild detergent, but she's not certain whether this would work in your case. She recommended to keep doing the sponge bath + ironing if you really want to be wearing your signed shirt. Even so, she thought I should remind you that the sun is going to fade your marker despite careful washing, so it's better not to wear the shirt at all if you want the signature to last.