You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Deceased avatars/titles/sigs thread (R.I.P.)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #81
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

My last educated guess
Old 03-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #82
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
My last educated guess

You're doing this on purpose, are you? Though Cygna does have a serpentine head, she is not at all related to K'Thonya. Sir, you were verbally panned by the previous sentence.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #83
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

*grabs popcorn and prepares to watch the impending fight*

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
*grabs popcorn and prepares to watch the impending fight*

*stares at RLacey, turning him into stone*

-

Old 03-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #85
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

*holds up a mirror just in time, causing Jaz to turn to stone as well*

Hey, at least you'll now have a detailed knowledge of freeze-thaw weathering for that exam .

[This is a joke. Just in case you're feeling tetchy and are about to murder me for this or something.]

Old 03-16-2006, 03:16 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
*holds up a mirror just in time, causing Jaz to turn to stone as well*

Hey, at least you'll now have a detailed knowledge of freeze-thaw weathering for that exam .

[This is a joke. Just in case you're feeling tetchy and are about to murder me for this or something.]

Oh, don't worry. Everyone knows that the trick with the mirror does not really work.

-

Old 03-16-2006, 03:17 PM   #87
The Thread™ will die.

And there was me imagining Medusa as some ugly woman. Still, if the artist is called Rob he must be correct in his impression...

Old 03-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #88
woof

Yeah I lied, that wasnt my last guess

This looks familiar so im gonna say I saw it on that site
Old 03-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #89
The Thread™ will die.

*waits for the fireworks*

Old 03-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #90
Lovable rogue

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #91

Quote:
Yeah I lied, that wasnt my last guess

This looks familiar so im gonna say I saw it on that site

You sir, have insulted SCROOGE MCDUCK!!! The Buckaroo of the Badlands! The Master of the Mississippi! The Terror of the Transvaal to-be at the time of that picture as well as future King of the Klondike!

You will regret that, for his temper is worse than Donald's, and he knows how to use a pickaxe.

...but I digress.

I am somewhat disappointed at the bad guesses. I mean, you could have just looked at the Character Gallery and read which avatar she is related to. I mean, I even wrote the name on that avatar back then!

Anyway, here's K'Thonya with her metal hair crafted by use of her Soulstone to look like snakes. She can even make them move, if she wants to.

-

Old 03-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #92
The Thread™ will die.

*demands his money back due to the lack of fisticuffs*

And, at risk of sounding like a parent, shouldn't you be off to try and get that fabled sleep, Jaz?

Old 03-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #93
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
You sir, have insulted SCROOGE MCDUCK!!! The Buckaroo of the Badlands! The Master of the Mississippi! The Terror of the Transvaal to-be at the time of that picture as well as future King of the Klondike!

You will regret that, for his temper is worse than Donald's, and he knows how to use a pickaxe.

...but I digress.
Yeah and I know how to us a shovel
He is no match for me, a Scot wannabe pales compared to the real McCoy...or isnt pale enough...

so its this then?
Old 03-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #94
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
He is no match for me, a Scot wannabe pales compared to the real McCoy...or isnt pale enough...

so its this then?
Is this a pun on our Scott? Our very own Scott McCoy?

Lynsie
Old 03-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #95

Quote:

so its this then?
Nah, that's Doris Day.

And to tell the truth, Scrooge McDuck is not a scots wannabe. Scrooge grew up in Glasgow, and was probably born there as well, back in 1867 (and if not in Glasgow, then maybe still in the family castle in the Highmoors), and his family (that is, his last surviving sister, Matilda McDuck [Hortense, who is Donald's mother, is said to be dead because Ehapa complained that she did not contact her children through all these years.]) once again resides in the Castle McDuck.

-

Old 03-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #96
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Nah, that's Doris Day.

And to tell the truth, Scrooge McDuck is not a scots wannabe. Scrooge grew up in Glasgow, and was probably born there as well, back in 1867 (and if not in Glasgow, then maybe still in the family castle in the Highmoors), and his family (that is, his last surviving sister, Matilda McDuck [Hortense, who is Donald's mother, is said to be dead because Ehapa complained that she did not contact her children through all these years.]) once again resides in the Castle McDuck.

-
If you choose to beleive his story. If he realy grew up in scotland(especialy glasgow) then he would be a hard man, and he doesnae looks so hard tae me

and fairy, "The real McCoy" is a saying(either british or just scottish) wich basicly means the real thing.
Its also a brand of crisps
Old 03-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #97
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

I was just teasing you, but, we use the expression here as well, and our Scott is the real McCoy!

Lynsie
Old 03-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #98
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

There are two explanations for the phrase "The real McCoy":
One attributes it to an African-American man named McCoy who invented a self-oiler for locomotives- the "McCoy Oiler".
The other attributes it to a rum-runner named McCoy who brought cases of liquor from Canada to the US during prohibition. It seems there was a problem with empty liquor bottles being refilled with rotgut swill, but if you got your liquor from Mr. McCoy, it was genuine or "The real McCoy".
Then there's also McCoy pottery.

Share the love.

<3
Old 03-17-2006, 01:23 AM   #99
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Mmm, I love McCoys. Time for breakfast I think...

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 03-17-2006, 06:18 AM   #100

Quote:
If you choose to beleive his story. If he realy grew up in scotland(especialy glasgow) then he would be a hard man, and he doesnae looks so hard tae me
Well, that's just a cropped image. You should see the whole one.

Here you see how Scrooge rescues someone that he will later know as Flintheart Glomgold (though he never actually learns his name at that time. Most likely he doesn't even know that his enemy in later life is the same person that he rescued in his time in Transvaal), not knowing that Glomgold was tied to the bull for stealing diamonds at the Kimberley Diamondmine.

In case the name Glomgold doesn't ring a bell, here is a picture of him like he is usually seen:

Later he kind of regrets that he rescued and trusted Glomgold, for in the morning he discovers Glomgold ran off with all his stuff (he even stole the campfire!). So there he is, in the middle of South Africa, without anything. But I think he's doing quite fine, don't you think so too? (One of those lions will serve as his mount later, which leaves quite an impression when he rides into Johannesburg to find Glomgold.

I sadly couldn't find a picture of the Highland Games. I wanted to show you how he tosses a caber. It's the only thing he excels at in the Higland Games (he actually makes the caber do a triple flip instead of the normal single flip). He's no good at golf, and you really don't want to hear his poetry.

However, I found another image that should clearly prove that he is indeed, scottish. This is from chapter 9 of "The Life and Times of Scooge McDuck", where he returns to Castle McDuck, finally rich, before he takes his sisters with him to leave for Duckenburgh.

In case it's not clear from the pictures, here's a summary of what's being said: The shopkeeper says that he would like to have something as nice as Scrooge's clothes in his collection, and says that Scrooge may choose anything he may choose anything from said collection in exchange. Scrooge declines, and asks for one reason why he should wear something from there, and the shopkeeper mentions a five pound note as reason. I think the rest is obvious

Now, do you still think Scrooge is not a Hard man? (That was a rhetorical question). You don't live a live to be a 100 years old like him with having such an exciting life, without being hard, you know.

-