You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Deceased avatars/titles/sigs thread (R.I.P.)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #41
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I admire your ability to write a description of your new avatar and whatnot before actually changing it .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #42
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I admire your ability to write a description of your new avatar and whatnot before actually changing it .

No big deal. I made the avatar when I didn't have internet on the weekend, and just remembered that I wanted to change it.

Oh, and of course you are excluded from the Quest for the Brownie Points, Mr. Lacey. Because you know the comic.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #43
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Yes dear.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #44
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

I like your avatar...but why does it look better than the comic

and im taking a guess here, is it
Old 03-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #45
The Thread™ will die.

No .

Iggy is nothing to do with Earthsong.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #46
woof

well I would say this one but it again looks better drawn than the comics....maybe its just something to do with avatars
Old 03-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #47
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
So, I decided to replace dear Mozey (Mozenrath) with somebody else for now. I am sure he'll be glad to have some free time to sulk again, after all.
But... it... keeps staring at me...

And it's anime! (or something like that)
Old 03-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #48
woof

Whats wrong with anime?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
I like your avatar...but why does it look better than the comic

and im taking a guess here, is it

My avatar looks better than the comics? That can't be, because it's from one of the recent pages (though of a page that hasn't been posted yet). Were you maybe looking at the archives? Because the archives are the old pages. Lady Yates is actually redoing most of the pages, since she is now publishing the comic. The pages we see now are the new versions of the first pages in the archives.

As for K'Thonya, maybe this page where she uses her Soulstone power will help you guess who she is.

And I wouldn't call it Anime (Anime are the animated things like movies and television series, Manga are the comics), or rather Manga, because though there's obviously influences of Manga, the comic itself has its own style, like most comics do.

-

Old 03-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #50
woof

Quote:
And I wouldn't call it Anime (Anime are the animated things like movies and television series, Manga are the comics).
*sniff* I thought I was the only one

and it was the main page Im comparing it to...its not really the drawing but the colouring, it looks...
well your avatar actualy looks like it could be from somerhing high quality like an anime or something, like a screenshot
Old 03-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #51

Quote:
*sniff* I thought I was the only one

and it was the main page Im comparing it to...its not really the drawing but the colouring, it looks...
well your avatar actualy looks like it could be from somerhing high quality like an anime or something, like a screenshot

Ah, I know what you mean. True, that page doesn't have the most exciting colouring. Skogul's 'Hair' does not have the shine of K'Thonya's or Nanashi's. I guess her hair is more of a feathery texture, what with her being a bird-lady.

Page 26 is nice for a comparison between the different characters.

In the first panel we have Willow who is...we actually don't know what she is, except that she is not human. But she certainly has hair. Very curly hair.

In the next panel we have enraged Skogul, with her feathery hair (which is a great improved to her old hairstyle).

Then we have a panel with K'Thonya and Ulkurz. K'Thonya has probably the shiniest hair. That's because her hair is not like our hair. Her hair is made of metal. As for Ulkurz...I don't even know if he has hair...

The last panel is Nanashi. Yes, she's the only human in that comic (so far. Except for that one roman guy who got killed by the bad guys in the old pages, but that's another story). Nanashi can clearly be identified to be of Asian descent. I think somewhere it is stated specifically that she is japanese (even though her clothes are not really japanese, I guess. It will all be explained, don't worry.) I am sure you have noticed that many Asian people have very beautiful hair (even though I hate making generalisations, I guess this one is okay). Nanashi is no exception.

Here's one of the old pages, so you can see the differences (That little angry Faerie is called Tengu, by the way. She's not your normal faerie.).

-

Old 03-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #52
woof

Well those pages...I dont know, the colouring kinda looks like a gradient but the avatar looks really good
Old 03-15-2006, 05:46 AM   #53
Life and times of...

Quote:
And I wouldn't call it Anime (Anime are the animated things like movies and television series, Manga are the comics), or rather Manga, because though there's obviously influences of Manga, the comic itself has its own style, like most comics do.
Well, that's why I said "or something"

Quote:
Whats wrong with anime?
It is so annoying, it's beyond describeable.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:06 AM   #54
The Thread™ will die.

What's wrong with animé? Pokémon.

What's right with animé? A whole load of other stuff. I hope.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #55
Life and times of...

It's the faces! Argh! The faces...
Old 03-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #56
woof

the faces are cool! especialy the dark looking ones
Old 03-16-2006, 03:07 AM   #57

Quote:
the faces are cool! especialy the dark looking ones
My words exactly!

(sadly couldn't find a good picture with the tongue).

Orochimaru. Cute snakeys for everyone if he's in the area!

Snakey people with cute pet snakes rule! I'll hug him and cuddle him and call him Shirley!

You just can't knock snakeys.

Also, some of the great series of the 80's were Anime! I didn't know it back then, but some of my favourites were in fact Anime. Like two of the best Space-Animes: "Ulysses 31" and "Captain Future".

Greek Drama set in the 31st Century! You just have to love it. (This one is actually a cooperation between French and Japanese studios. It is in fact by the same french guy who is also responsible for "The Mysterious Cities of Gold".)

This one is a real gem. Captain Future prefers to use his head instead of brute force/fire power, in order to fight crime. This is pure ScientiFiction, without any things that might not exist in the future. It is based on the stories by an American Science Fiction writer. (By the way, this one was made by the same Animation studio that also made the animation for "INTERSTELLA 5555" - I am sure you notice the resemblance. When I first saw the music video of "One More Time", I thought they had brought back "Captain Future"! Although there are not really that many people with turquoise skin in the series...)

You know what, I will give you another for my avatar. Part of this post actually talked about an important aspect of it.

-

Last edited by Jazhara7; 03-16-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:12 AM   #58
Chris Barraclough

Anime is quality, I'm working my way through Bubblegum Crisis at the moment. Never read any Manga comics before though.

I need to change my avatar so I've actually got something to post up here. But laziness...is...winning....

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #59
The Thread™ will die.

Did someone mention Mysterious Cities of Gold?

*collapses*

Old 03-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #60
Chris Barraclough

Too many happy memories. Ahhh, those were the days! None of this Dick and Dom shite.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk