Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   DoubleFine Store, shipping for just $74 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/13389-doublefine-store-shipping-just-%2474.html)

Ninja Dodo 02-18-2006 07:07 AM

DoubleFine Store, shipping for just $74

I was just wondering if anyone else thinks it's a bit strange that shipping a t-shirt and a poster across the Atlantic costs $74 dollars on top of what you're actually paying for the products themselves. When the shipping is more expensive than the products you kinda have to wonder what UPS is doing with all that money...

Do they fly the t-shirt first class and serve it champagne, then fly back for the poster?

I really want that Kochamera t-shirt and Psychonauts poster, but I'm not paying over $70 just to ship them over to Holland.

Dasilva 02-18-2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
Do they fly the t-shirt first class and serve it champagne, then fly back for the poster?

Hahaha. :D

Well I don't know, do you really want crappy quality Tshirts. :P

Starflux 02-18-2006 07:58 AM

The store has alternate, cheaper shipping if you click on some link beneath the costs. But it's really obscure, I know I spend a lot of time figuring it out. For a while it seems there's only that very expensive option, but there's another one with normal post that's remarkably cheaper. Don't be deceived!

Ninja Dodo 02-18-2006 08:09 AM

Thanks for the tip, Flux.

Man, those US Postal rates are well-hidden...

Mattsius 02-18-2006 09:41 AM

And let's not forget that you have to pay customs duty when importing clothes from outside the EU. I think I had to pay something along the lines of 40 € to get my Double Fine stuff out of the Finnish customs. :frown:

EDIT: And they are not crappy quality t-shirts, FYI Dasilva.

SakSquash 02-18-2006 12:53 PM

What are we doing with the money?

Funding trips to Holland to sample all the finest whores money can buy! WOOT WOOT!

squarejawhero 02-18-2006 01:07 PM

They're great t-shirts, Dasilva. You say some odd things sometimes matey.

SakSquash 02-18-2006 01:09 PM

Indeed matey. And thems be as cheap as chips.

Ninja Dodo 02-19-2006 01:58 AM

Well we'll see how it goes with customs. I've ordered shirts from Cafepress before and they've never been taxed, so I'd be surprised if the DoubleFine store is any different.

Software you wanna watch out with though cause that can get very expensive if the seller doesn't have the good sense to put a "No commercial value" sticker on the box. It's basically extortion... completely random, nobody tells you about it beforehand and then after waiting for months, suddenly you get a call saying that you have to pay customs their ransom or the package gets it.

jjacob 02-19-2006 02:26 AM

I wonder if anyone's bought their knitted doll yet, considering they priced it at 150$ :crazy: