You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat "Favorite Toys You Still Play With"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #41
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doroposo
My parents took away my Legos ... when I made a working guillotine with my Castle set.
Playmobil has an executioner figure. No, really. I have the red one. He has a scary looking hood for his face and a giant axe, but under the hood he's all smiley (which makes me laugh for some reason). I also have a set with a drunken bum and a cop. These are just some examples of why Playmobil RULEZ THE EARTH.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:47 AM   #42
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofa
Playmobil has an executioner figure. No, really. I have the red one. He has a scary looking hood for his face and a giant axe, but under the hood he's all smiley (which makes me laugh for some reason). I also have a set with a drunken bum and a cop. These are just some examples of why Playmobil RULEZ THE EARTH.
Playmobil all the way!!! Klickies are for all ages! I recently bought the Viking ship myself. And Nessie, and other Viking stuff.

They sold the Executioner as part of the Hallowe'en costume series in the U.S. of A., if I remember correctly. "Red Ghost", I believe it was. Because you "can't sell an *EXECUTIONER* as *toy*!!" in the US, it seems. He still has the axe, though, and I don't know how parents will explain what a ghost does with an axe.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:04 AM   #43

Oh yes, I have the Playmobil Viking ship. Well, my nephew does, technically, but I'm the one who put it together, repairs that and all of the other toys that need assembly, and taught him such things as the word "catapult", how Vikings could carry and store weapons, and ship-to-ship combat.

Of course, while having young relatives around to visit on a regular basis offers me access to more toys than I otherwise would have, my own stock has been thoroughly raided. Even the rubber ducky that I bought in Berkely for the bath has been abstracted by the younger generation.

The last remaining toy I have is a pyramid shaped electronic puzzle that is played by turning it over to alter patterns of lights at the corners. I've had that for ages, long enough that I'm genuinely surprised that it still works.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #44
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Masters Of The Universe-figures, I collect the old ones..
Old 02-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #45
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
They sold the Executioner as part of the Hallowe'en costume series in the U.S. of A., if I remember correctly. "Red Ghost", I believe it was. Because you "can't sell an *EXECUTIONER* as *toy*!!" in the US, it seems. He still has the axe, though, and I don't know how parents will explain what a ghost does with an axe.
Hee! Especially since there already is a proper ghost costume.

I've just noticed the cool gnomes, but they are quite expensive!

Right now my nun, cop, and hobo are sitting on the park bench and passing around a bottle of booze.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #46

Also, for anyone that has a videocamera lying around, try making a stopmotion movie with playmobil and/or legos, it's awesome Basically just think of something, then put the toys in place, press record and stop very fast (and don't move the camera), move the legos/playmobils a tiny bit from where they were standing/whatever, press record and stop, repeat. It's amazing what you can create with so little means
Old 03-05-2006, 04:21 AM   #47

Lego always use to be one of my favourites, but all I play with now is my PC. I am a little to old for lego and things now.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:26 AM   #48
Living with my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by john238
Lego always use to be one of my favourites, but all I play with now is my PC. I am a little to old for lego and things now.
I think one is never too old to play with toys..
Old 03-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #49
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manelius

My words exactly!

In the spirit of "The Safety Dance", just do what you want (extending it beyond dance style), and don't mind what the people say!

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:57 AM   #50
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manelius
Absolutely right!
One good thing about getting children is that you get a great reason for playing. Once we sat on the floor putting all my sons Lego spaceships togethter. It took us quite some time and we had a great time. Not to mention the radio-controlled car he got when he was two...
Old 03-05-2006, 05:38 AM   #51
Living with my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
Absolutely right!
One good thing about getting children is that you get a great reason for playing. Once we sat on the floor putting all my sons Lego spaceships togethter. It took us quite some time and we had a great time. Not to mention the radio-controlled car he got when he was two...

Exactly! A guy I know that collects Masters Of The Universe, he´s 40-yearsold now, and now his 6-year old son has also started collecting, so it´s like the whole familys hobby..