You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Winter Olympics 2006 in Turin, Italy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 03:16 AM   #141
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
And quite frankly 13 medals for Sweden isn't anything overwhelming either. Definitely a good result, but nothing special IMHO
Wrong! It´s indeed special. We have never ever won this many medlas in the Olympics.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:01 AM   #142
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
MATTSIUS
I was refering to the immature picture that Spider Crusoe posted. It made me disappointed and angry since I like to keep the posts civil. I have nothing against Finland. I am so looking forward to meeting you guys and I´m sure both teams will put up a fight. Íf you look at my previous posts you can perfectly read my admiration for the Finnish team. And that I in no way like to "point finger and laugh" at other countries loss.
Sorry if I overreacted to IMHO an immature behaviour. I expected more from a Finn.
I realised you were replying to Spider Crusoe. I was just saying what I personally feel. You didn't overreact, so don't sweat it.
Quote:
Wrong! It´s indeed special. We have never ever won this many medlas in the Olympics.
Yeah, I realised that also after posting. Finland's record is from Nagano 1998, 12 medals, but only two of those were gold. I just thought Sweden's record would be higher because you have more people over there, but evidently I was wrong.

Also, it's snowing A LOT outside!

ALSO, ONE HOUR TO THE GAME!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:04 AM   #143
capsized.

12 gold medals. I'm more looking forward towards the soccer match between Italy and Germany on Wednesday, though. GO ITALY, GO!

Or, wait.. I can't decide.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:32 AM   #144
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Well, us Brits have one medal. I suppose that isn't too bad for the several-million-pound investment .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:19 AM   #145
Psychonaut

Sweden 3-2 Finland

Bad luck to Kolziq, Mattius etc. LenaJ will now be celebrating.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:48 AM   #146
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Sweden always comes from behind.

We had our moments, but the beginning of the third period destroyed it all.

You can see that this wasn't just some game for these guys. Teppo Numminen, our best defenseman was just moments away from crying in front of the cameras when that drunk idiot Saarinen was interviewing him about the defeat.

So no Olympic gold for Teemu Selänne or Numminen, these guys are retiring now from international team hockey...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 02-26-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #147
Lazy Bee

Yes! We are cheering!
The adrenaline level in my blood was so high I was trembling all over. Finland almost ran us over in the last minutes of the game I hardly could bare it. If they had scored and there would have been a sudden death situation I don´t think we would have made it. Afterward we celebrated with a bottle of champagne (a 20 cl bottle ). Then I took my dog for a looong walk to calm down.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #148

I think the Finnish team spent too much time drinking last night.