You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #41
Schoolgirl From Hell

She sounds so sad. Bleargh!

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 02-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #42
Friendly Server Admin

just be careful. She sounds like a petty person, and might be pissed that you got the uberboss to make her give back the ipod. She might try to retaliate somehow, so beware.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #43
Schoolgirl From Hell

Tab's right, though. She does sound spiteful.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #44
merely human

Don't worry, tabs. Stoofa's smart and if I'm right, she can be cunning as well. She consulted US, didn't she?

Stoofa, it's clear that many of your co-workers don't think so highly of your immediate boss. Bond with them, and KEEP DOCUMENTED TRACK AND ATTENTION on her. And stay on good relations with your UBER-boss. And did you order your copy of Sun Tzu's The Art Of War yet?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #45
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I'm not really an iPod fan, but, you know. Free iPod! And it's tiny. And congratulations on your victory, making winning the contest all the sweeter.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #46
Roar?

Thanks so much you guys, you're awesome!!! My glee has been doubled by your reactions.

I will have to watch Jerk Boss extra carefully now, you're all definitely right. I bet Uber Boss will carefully watch Jerk Boss from now on as well. I will have to remember to properly document anything JB does that I feel isn't right.

Intrepid: Good idea! I bought Uber Boss a purple sparkly pen (she loves purple) and a card for Valentine's Day, I'll get her some chocolates too. I buy all of my co-workers Valentine cards and presents. I'm giving Jerk Boss one too, except hers is a cheap Ziggy Valentine with no sparkles.

Mira: I know what you mean about giving people things! One reason I am so excited about wining the iPod is that I have an iPod mini that I know my sister would love to have. She doesn't have very much money to get herself things like that and I think it would be a real treat for her. My mini is in perfect condition, not even a scratch on it. I still have the box and I haven't even used the earbuds (I hate them). I think I will knit her an iPod mini cozy to go with it.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #47
Psychonaut

Is it true that Sun Tzu never existed and that "The art of war" was actually written by a bunch of unknown chinese philosophers?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #48
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofa
Mira: I know what you mean about giving people things! One reason I am so excited about wining the iPod is that I have an iPod mini that I know my sister would love to have. She doesn't have very much money to get herself things like that and I think it would be a real treat for her. My mini is in perfect condition, not even a scratch on it. I still have the box and I haven't even used the earbuds (I hate them). I think I will knit her an iPod mini cozy to go with it.
You are so sweet! All the more reason why you deserve the new iPod! Congrats, again.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #49
Super Moderator

Stoofa - I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how things are going.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #50
Roar?

Thanks Melanie!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Is it true that Sun Tzu never existed and that "The art of war" was actually written by a bunch of unknown chinese philosophers?
My copy implies he was an actual person, a "warrior philosopher" general who compiled different literary works on the subject of many forms of warfare and mass psychology into the form of a virtual dialogue. Some people actually believe Sun Wu is simply a pseudonym for Confucius, but I don't think that's the case. It's possible he never really existed, though. The book does hint at this at certain points. Saying stuff along the lines of "be like water, with no constant shape" (can't remember the exact text off-hand, but I remember thinking to myself when I read that passage that it indicated there was no Sun Tzu).