Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Whatever happened to Elton28??? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/13157-whatever-happened-elton28.html)

Manhunter71 02-06-2006 06:33 PM

Whatever happened to Elton28???

Does anyone know what happened to Elton28?
He seems to have gone from being one of this forum's most prolific posters to total ambiguity:crazy:
As far as I can tell he last posted in August 2005 but since then there has been nothing.......:crazy:

It seems a shame because he usually had something worthwile to say:)

Elton, if you're out there - get in touch and come back to the fold - I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that you will be welcomed back with open arms:D :D :D

Sage 02-06-2006 06:42 PM

Wow, synchronicity!
Trep and I were discussing Elton's absence just last night, and we reached much the same conclusion as Manhunter.
As our Elton is an aggressively outdoorsy kind of person, I can understand his posts dwindling during the fairer weather months, but I'd have thought he'd be back here by now for sure.
Elton, if you're reading this, come on back!

Manhunter71 02-06-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Wow, synchronicity!
Trep and I were discussing Elton's absence just last night, and we reached much the same conclusion as Manhunter.
As our Elton is an aggressively outdoorsy kind of person, I can understand his posts dwindling during the fairer weather months, but I'd have thought he'd be back here by now for sure.

That is pretty freaky!
I've no idea what made me think of Elton? - maybe it was because I was so bored that I decided to delve into posts that were a few months old and then I realised that he hadn't posted since August last year:frown:

Ninth 02-07-2006 01:22 AM

Funny, I wondered the exact same thing not a week ago.

Jazhara7 02-07-2006 01:47 AM

Phoning in from Paris

(Pleasz forgive me any spelling errors, or missing apostrophes. I am using a frecnch keyboard.)

Ive been wondering where our dear Ferret has gone to for at least half a year. Eltsie, where are you? We miss you!

Please at least tell us you are still alive. The Loony Empress commands thee to return! :(

- :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Ninth 02-07-2006 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
(Pleasz forgive me any spelling errors, or missing apostrophes. I am using a frecnch keyboard.)

Ive been wondering where our dear Ferret has gone to for at least half a year. Eltsie, where are you? We miss you!

Please at least tell us you are still alive. The Loony Empress commands thee to return! :(

- :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Wait a minute... you're in Paris? Tell me more!

And what's wrong with a french keyboard? :shifty:

RLacey 02-07-2006 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninth

What's RIGHT with one ;). I remember using one on a french exchange once, and the layout of the letters on the thing is vaguely similar to the UK layout and yet annoyingly different.

samIamsad 02-07-2006 03:35 AM

QWERTZ all the way!!

RLacey 02-07-2006 03:37 AM

QWERTYUIOP
ASDFGHJKL
ZXCVBNM

This is the law.

And you guys should all have to go to as much trouble to learn the Numpad codes for accents as English speakers do. Doing my French homework used to be hell ;).

samIamsad 02-07-2006 03:40 AM

Quote:

This is the law.
I'm feeling like listening to some Judas Priest sööööng.™

RLacey 02-07-2006 03:46 AM

I give up. I don't know the Numpad code for an umlaut. Sadly, I forget them all, which is why at home I have a sheet pinned to the message board next to my computer which lists the damn things...

samIamsad 02-07-2006 03:49 AM

Don't worry. Some games that are using the English kezboard lazout also tend to annoz the hell outta me. :(

Jazhara7 02-07-2006 03:49 AM

Quote:

Wait a minute... you're in Paris? Tell me more!

Heh, I nearly forgot that you live in Paris. Im here to learn french. Im here until the friday after this one - Maybe we could arrange a meeting? Saturday or Sunday maybe? Could you send me PM? I am fighting with this keyboard, and dont want to use it longer than necessary - Ill reply when I find time, which is in between breaks at the french school.

As for whats arong with french keyboards? Well, the "W" is where the "Y" should be, the "z" in the "w"s place, the "a" in the top left, the "q" is where woud expect an "a", I havt to press shift to write a fullstop and dont have to press shift for most punctuation but instead for numbers. And what is the "!" doing beside my right shift key?!

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

UPtimist 02-07-2006 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Wow, synchronicity!

When Spring unfolds the beechen leaf, and sap is in the bough;
When light is on the wild-wood stream, and wind is on the brow;
When stride is long, and breath is deep, and keen the mountain-air,
Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is fair!

When Summer lies upon the world, and in a noon of gold
Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold;
When woodland halls are green and cool, and wind is in the West,
Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
QWERTYUIOP
ASDFGHJKL
ZXCVBNM

This is the law.

QWERTYUIOPÅ
ASDFGHJKLÖÄ
ZXCVBNM

That's the way to go...

Ninth 02-07-2006 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Heh, I nearly forgot that you live in Paris. Im here to learn french. Im here until the friday after this one - Maybe we could arrange a meeting? Saturday or Sunday maybe? Could you send me PM? I am fighting with this keyboard, and dont want to use it longer than necessary - Ill reply when I find time, which is in between breaks at the french school.

As for whats arong with french keyboards? Well, the "W" is where the "Y" should be, the "z" in the "w"s place, the "a" in the top left, the "q" is where woud expect an "a", I havt to press shift to write a fullstop and dont have to press shift for most punctuation but instead for numbers. And what is the "!" doing beside my right shift key?!

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

A is the first letter in the alphabet, and hence MUST be the first letter on the keyboard. And Azerty sounds good. "Mr Azerty, how are you doing?"
Qwerty sounds stupid, and Qwertz sounds like some kind of sub part of an electron.
Also, with the ! near the right shift, we aren't able to write stuff like lol!!!11111 Instead we have lol!!§§§§, which doesn't seem as lame. I guess.
And concluding a sentence is important, and should as such require a supplementary effort.
Oh, and last but not least, there are plenty of numbers all over the keyboard, but there are only one of each parenthesis. Why should I have to press shift to use these parenthesis, and have such a easy time typing numbers???

So. Pretty convincing, eh?

me

And PM on the way.

RLacey 02-07-2006 05:42 AM

Quote:

me

Quite.

SakSquash 02-07-2006 07:04 AM

I made him into a sim and we've never seen him since.

RLacey 02-07-2006 07:22 AM

Maybe fov made him into a Sim and, like her other Sims, he died?

Sorry, fov.

Kolzig 02-07-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPtimist
QWERTYUIOPÅ
ASDFGHJKLÖÄ
ZXCVBNM

That's the way to go...

Seconded. :)

Btw, now that we opened up a discussion about missing forumites, I'm still wondering where Garyos went oh so long ago? (1,5 years to be exact.)

And I really wonder why I always read his name as Gayros... :crazy:

Maquisard 02-07-2006 10:26 AM

Eerie. I was gonna ask about Elton too. :crazy: