You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Wikipedia is not God

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #21
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
They even have info on my town!
If you want amusing census data, check out:
http://factfinder.census.gov/home/sa....html?_lang=en
Old 02-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #22
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
They even have info on my town!
Quote:
The racial makeup of the town is 96.69% White, 0.70% Black or African American, 0.52% Native American, 0.61% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.32% from other races, and 1.16% from two or more races. 2.38% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Hey! Who let in the 24 Blacks or African Americans, 18 Native Americans, 21 Asians, 82 Hispanics or Latinos, and 11 Others?

Man, your town is like the white microcosmic equivalent of Japan.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #23
Banned User

We have 24 black people? Where are they hiding?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:48 AM   #24
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

I'm in love with Wikipedia actually. Occasionally I go there just to "check up" on a subject I am interested in and end up on long reading periods and adventures to odd websites I wouldn't have found without its help.

I visited there after finishing Conquest of the Longbow to check up on some Robin Hood lore. I learned many things which I had not known about the real life legends and the real sherwood.nottingham areas. I even ended up on a website community with the sole purpose of researching the real hood himself. Then I looked at the clock. Hours had flown by and I had wasted so much time just enjoying a good read. Thats what the internet was designed for and I love it.

Say what you will about their credibility......they really entertain and show me things that I didn't realize I had an interest in.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:54 AM   #25
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

avatar_58, I couldn't tell you how many times I've done the same thing! Just this morning I was looking up the Florida Skunk Ape - a Sasquatch, Yeti sort of animal - but apparently there have been some credible pictures of one of them. Wiki entry and the pics Skunk ape. I can recall my roommate (now dead) talking about seeing one on his mother's tropical nursery site, on the far edge of Sarasota, near Myakka. Her property borders woods on two sides. In 2001, about six months after he said he saw one, I read that it is in this same area that these photos were taken. Maybe he really DID see one, though I doubted it at the time - you know how you'd doubt that anyone really saw Bigfoot.

Lynsie

Last edited by Fairygdmther; 02-10-2006 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:00 AM   #26
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58
Occasionally I go there just to "check up" on a subject I am interested in and end up on long reading periods and adventures to odd websites I wouldn't have found without its help.
Hehe, kind of like me stumbling across hyperbolic space when I really started out looking for topics on statistics...

Hyperlinks are awesome.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™