You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #41
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

I assume there has to be some sort of penetration...right?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
I assume there has to be some sort of penetration...right?
Not necessarily. You can have a very pleasurable sexual experience without any penetration.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #43
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by playing_games
Not necessarily. You can have a very pleasurable sexual experience without any penetration.
Not to mention anal sex is probably painful for most people.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #44
woof

I heard you get used to it
Old 02-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Seriously though what would you consider losing your virginity if you were gay? By just having any type of sxual contact?
I have had a conversation with a friend of mine who's gay and he said that at least for him most sexual encounters do not lead to penetration.

I'm heterosexual male and I for one think that sex doesn't have to involve penetration and orgasm to be satisfying.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #46
woof

so when is sex actualy sex?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #47
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Seriously though, what would you consider losing your virginity if you were gay? By just having any type of sexual contact?
I'd say if you both get where you were going (so to speak), then it counts.
Quote:
Not to mention anal sex is probably painful for most people.
It's not, if done properly.
You're not supposed to get a running start from across the room, you know.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #48
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Seriously though what would you consider losing your virginity if you were gay? By just having any type of sxual contact?
I don't understand the question. What does one's preference have to do with anything? I mean, you may be gay yet lose your virginity with a member of opposite sex, or be straight yet do it with a same-sex partner. Right? Whatever you qualify as losing virginity for heterosexuals, should apply for homosexuals, and vice versa.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #49
Super Moderator

Quote:
You need to watch Chasing Amy. There was a great scene between Ben Affleck and Joey Lauren Adams concerning that very question.

As for Sex thread topics, we could always go into comparative penile anatomy (Junior year in vet school- Theriogenology class).
Old 02-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #50
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
For a gay male, I would consider it any oral or anal penetration, given or received, whether digital, penile, or with any other object.

Lynsie
Old 02-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #51
Hitch-Hiker

Anal sex would hurt if done furiously, I mean just doing it gently would be best.

Besides is it really about the destination or the journey? You can have the most amazing sex without having to penetrate anything, having many amazing orgasims can do it for me.

I guess virginity for the straight boys are considered to actually insert the penis in a vagina, As far as I know all the straight guys I know only consider it that way. A mean, can a hand job, blow job or even shrimping (god help us) be considered losing your verginity to straights?

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 02-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
I don't understand the question. What does one's preference have to do with anything? I mean, you may be gay yet lose your virginity with a member of opposite sex, or be straight yet do it with a same-sex partner. Right? Whatever you qualify as losing virginity for heterosexuals, should apply for homosexuals, and vice versa.
I think this question was asked because Dasilva and apparently many others think that gay or straight, penetration is necessary for sex? I for one do not share this view but I guess the accepted social norm is that heterosexuals haven't lost their virginity unless they have had penetrative vaginal sex. I remember reading somewhere that in some parts of the world, women engage in anal sex as a way to preserve their virginity prior to marriage.

I don't know but thinking like this seems a bit silly to me as I for one think that when you exchange sexual pleasure with someone, you've had sex whether there was penetration or not
Old 02-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
You need to watch Chasing Amy. There was a great scene between Ben Affleck and Joey Lauren Adams concerning that very question.
Melanie, you are a woman after my heart! Chasing Amy is one of my favorite movies of all time. I live not far away from whether they shot the movie. You are talking about the scene where the two of them sat on a swing set and had a conversation about fisting, right? I actually went to the very park and sat on the swing set once. What a great movie!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #54

Huh, what's this? We are actually having an intelligent discussion about sex in Chit Chat. This is a special occasion. Maybe we should petition thw world congress to declare today as an international holiday or something.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #55
Hitch-Hiker

Yeah, we are. so dont spoil it.

_

Old 02-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #56
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

So we are in agreement that having someone else cause you to achieve orgasm through their direct and purposeful action is considered "losing your virginity", regardless of what specific act or action might have been committed?
That sounds reasonable.
I'm sorry about the legalese, but I wanted to close off any loopholes in the definition.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #57
Dungeon Master

Quote:
I don't know but thinking like this seems a bit silly to me as I for one think that when you exchange sexual pleasure with someone, you've had sex whether there was penetration or not
I agree, hence my question. But even if we went with the "penetrative" definition (which makes sense, I suppose, but seems awfully de-humanized if you ask me), I don't see why should we have different set of criteria for homo- and heterosexuals. Moving on, should we make the criteria for people open to both genders a sum of those two sets? And, if someone is unsure of his sexuality and have slept eg. with women before realizing he is actually attracted to men, does it make his loss of virginity cancelled? Nonsense, I'd say. Therefore, the definition should be universal.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #58
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Agreed.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 02-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #59
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
So we are in agreement that having someone else cause you to achieve orgasm through their direct and purposeful action is considered "losing your virginity", regardless of what specific act or action might have been committed?
That sounds reasonable.
I'm sorry about the legalese, but I wanted to close off any loopholes in the definition.
Define "direct".

In other words, does it encompass a stripper dancing in private just for you? I don't think it should.

Last edited by AFGNCAAP; 02-01-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Define "direct".
Direct I guess means physical stimulation of genitals? That's leads me into another question. Is spontaneous orgasm (spontaneous orgasm meaning genitals weren't directly stimulated) possible? If so, if somebody made you have a spontaneous orgasm, have you had sex that person? If you extend this argument, it's possible for you to have sex with someone without their knowing about it!

Hmmmm, interesting.