You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Blue Cat Jam - T-Shirt Designs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
Writer-Designer

Default Blue Cat Jam - T-Shirt Designs

If it's inappropriate to post this here, please forgive me. However, as I'm doing this to help fund my gaming development, I'm sure you'll all understand and, hopefully, support the venture.

Blue Cat Jam is an exciting new side venture that I hope will be of interest to you all. A number of my graphical designs are now available for you to have printed on T-shirts in a range of four colours. You can also have them printed onto mugs and mouse-mats, too.

Also, if you have a need for a specifically original design, please don't hesitate to contact me with the details of your design request and I'll give you a quote.

Last edited by Steve Ince; 01-31-2006 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:25 AM   #2
merely human

The link isn't working.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-31-2006, 01:28 AM   #3
Freeware Co-ordinator

The link in the post isn't working but the one in your sig does work. Can't see a difference between the two links but the post one gives a page not found error.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 AM   #4
merely human

Wow, I love this one! And this one!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 AM   #5
Writer-Designer

I fixed the link. I had one too many "t"s in the url.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Wow, I love this one! And this one!
Thanks, that's good of you to say.

The second one has a strange optical illusion effect (at least, I think so). The top head looks smaller than the bottom one, but they're both the same size. When I created the image I actually swapped them around and the top one still looked smaller. Weird.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:58 AM   #6
merely human

I want to buy a t-shirt, once I have some money (which should be soon). How do you order? And what's the shipping cost? Eek! It's gonna be expensive.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:22 AM   #7
Writer-Designer

All the ordering details can be found on the shop page itself: http://www.printshop.co.uk/blue_cat_jam/?siteid=135
Old 01-31-2006, 02:34 AM   #8
Schoolgirl From Hell

*squeals* Trep's right! They're awesome!

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 01-31-2006, 03:11 AM   #9
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
*squeals* Trep's right! They're awesome!
Thanks Mira.

Be sure to tell your friends.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:26 AM   #10
merely human

BTW, is it a secure site?

I need the currency exchange rate conversion. I don't live in the U.K.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:35 AM   #11
Writer-Designer

Yes, it's a secure site. At the top of the store page you can actually choose between Pounds, Euros and Dollars.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:53 AM   #12
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Further to Steve's post (and because I suppose someone might find this site useful in another context):

www.xe.com/ucc

Of course, I'm not sure how accurate it is...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:43 AM   #13
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince
Yes, it's a secure site. At the top of the store page you can actually choose between Pounds, Euros and Dollars.
Thanks, Steve.

$29! That's awfully expensive for me right now. I still want one but I'll have to wait a while.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:49 AM   #14
Writer-Designer

I thought about using Cafe Press, but then that works out to be more expensive for European customers. Just can't win.

Cafe Press also doesn't offer a range of colours like the Printshop people do.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:51 AM   #15
merely human

Yeah. I love the two cat heads on a blue tee, which is what I want.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Oh I really want to buy one of those shirts, but financially right now is a really bad time.
My favs are also those blue cat designs.

One thing that I wonder about is that what size the L and XL are, because some XL shirts fit for me and some don't. Usually L is the best for me.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:30 PM   #17
Friendly Server Admin

Steve:

http://www.spreadshirt.com / http://www.spreadshirt.net

The first is the US version, the second is the EU one. they do plot printing for vector art, which looks a lot better than cafepress, and they have a bigger color variety. We use them for the Thumbs store (http://thumbs.spreadshirt.com).
Old 02-01-2006, 12:25 AM   #18
Writer-Designer

Kolzig:
I have no idea how suitable they are, not knowing you. I always tend to get XL anyway as I like my T-shirts baggy.

Tabacco:
Thanks for the links. I had a look at Spreadshirt and their printing methods won't work with my designs, particularly on dark T-shirts. Which is very strange considering they offer such a wide range of colours.

By the way, I've added a Newsletter option for those who want to be informed of new designs.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #19
Friendly Server Admin

Really? Images like these seem like they'd be ideal for plot printing:
http://www.bluecatjam.co.uk/bluecat_...s/Friends1.jpg
http://www.bluecatjam.co.uk/smoozles...r_Smoozles.jpg

The plot printing works great on dark colors, since it doesn't rely on the shirt backing as background color. They do digital printing cafepress-style as well, and that's limited to light colors. That's only for gradients and whatnot, though.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #20
Writer-Designer

Isn't the plot printing just for two or three colours. Although my designs mostly have flat colour, a number of them have a lot of different colours. Some of the setup looks expensive, too.