Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Go Seahawks! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/13073-go-seahawks.html)

Maquisard 01-30-2006 04:58 PM

Go Seahawks!

:shifty: :spam:

Maquisard 01-30-2006 05:30 PM

Meaning, I'm excited about the city I live in getting all this attention about getting into the Superbowl, or doing something big in general, but when I really think about it, I couldn't give a shit care less about U.S. football. Until up about a month ago, I didn't even know whether Seahawks were the local football or baseball team. And I still religiously refuse to sit through the broadcast of a game of either sport.

I walked into a Teriyaki restaurant with a buddy the other day, and there was this (seemingly) random black dude there. When he walked out, the buddy started freaking out, and was all like, "That's awesome, that's Shawn Alexander!" I started looking at the menu, having never heard of that item. Turns out, Shawn Alexander is a big shot Seahawks player. Anyway, the fanboyish locals are starting to get on my nerves.

Hence :shifty: :spam:

lumi 01-30-2006 05:46 PM

I've started getting more interested in sports, so I'm looking forward to watching this game. I haven't watched enough football to decide how much I like it. Cons: five seconds of gameplay and then a minute to regroup, repated over and over. Pros: tackles.

http://students.washington.edu/mtwall/tackle.jpg

Watcher of the skies 01-30-2006 08:00 PM

A pox on the town that gave us Starbucks!

Or,

It's about time you made it to the show!

Or,

Feeling bad about not letting Seattle host a Super Bowl, the NFL has allowed them to play in one.

Or,

NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB. Well two out of four ain't bad. (I've seen the Mariners play :crazy: )

Mike :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Maquisard 01-31-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watcher of the skies
A pox on the town that gave us Starbucks!

Or,

It's about time you made it to the show!

Or,

Feeling bad about not letting Seattle host a Super Bowl, the NFL has allowed them to play in one.

Or,

NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB. Well two out of four ain't bad. (I've seen the Mariners play :crazy: )

Mike :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Are those the choices between all the stupid things you could say? :D

SamNMax 01-31-2006 07:04 PM

Vikings fan at heart, but rooting for the Seahwaks this year (I hate the Steelers).

Maquisard 02-05-2006 07:46 PM

I think we've been robbed. :shifty:

lumi 02-05-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
I think we've been robbed. :shifty:

Mos def. First the call off of a touchdown because of a slight push, and then a touchdown for the Steelers that was clearly not in.

Kolzig 02-06-2006 05:09 AM

I guess there's only one team in Pittsburgh that knows how to win.

Penguins 05/06, major dissappointment.

Lucien21 02-06-2006 05:23 AM

Does "The Fridge" still play for the Bears?

Karmillo 02-06-2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe

Is that pic real? :D

Melanie68 02-06-2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21

He played for them in the mid 1980's. He retired. :)

Maquisard 02-06-2006 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Mos def. First the call off of a touchdown because of a slight push, and then a touchdown for the Steelers that was clearly not in.

Exactly. :( Realistically, we should've been tied--Seahawks 10+7=17; Stealers (pun intended) 21-4=17 cause they would've gone for the 3 point field goal from the 1 yard line if that touchdown was reversed. Overtime would've been killer though, 4 hours was long enough. :crazy:

Well, it may be apparent that I sat through my first Superbowl (or U.S. football game in general). It's definitely an exciting sport, but I don't like how four 15 min. quarters don't really mean an hour-long game. :shifty: I do wish I had sat through one of the games when we were pwning n00bs, cause this game was ultimately disappointing. Given the attention span required, I don't think I'll be getting into football unless it's to watch the Seahawks in a really important game (like the NFL finals).

lumi 02-06-2006 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
Well, it may be apparent that I sat through my first Superbowl (or U.S. football game in general). It's definitely an exciting sport, but I don't like how four 15 min. quarters don't really mean an hour-long game. :shifty:

That was my first full football game, too. I thought the time went by quickly, so I didn't have any problems with it. I'll definitely be watching the next season of football.

SamNMax 02-06-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21

Lucien knows football.

I lost thirty-five dollars. I don't know why I bet on the Seahawks. The team I want to win always gets blown out. It's happened for about five years now. But last year, I went against the team I wanted (Patriots), and bet on the Eagles. Look what happened then.

SakSquash 02-06-2006 02:43 PM

I won $50.

SamNMax 02-06-2006 02:47 PM

I hate football. If you're down by more than a touchdown anytime, you're pretty much ****ed.

Lucien21 02-06-2006 02:49 PM

After the nipplegate fiasco I hear that they dared to censor two Rolling Stones songs.

What kind of communist country are you people living in :shifty:

SakSquash 02-06-2006 02:52 PM

Don't ask such questions, or they'll send you off to the Gulag!