Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Movie Trivia! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/12808-movie-trivia.html)

Once A Villain 01-14-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21
2. Hero ??

Hero isn't Japanese. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
I am a self-proclaimed Shakespeare's/Branagh's junkie, so I'm glad you liked it. :)

I like Branagh and Shakespeare a lot too. Here's a hint for you about one of the remaining questions you didn't answer. One of the answers is a film based on Macbeth.

Quote:

A new, possibly easy, number 5:

5. Name the actress who played... her own grandmother.

Geraldine Chaplin in the movie Chaplin. :D

UPDATED QUESTIONS:

1. Name the 60's French film, considered a masterpiece of the medium, where the central character was actually a donkey, and some believe a metaphor for Jesus Christ?

2. In the climax of this Japanese film, a steady barrage of real arrows were fired from offscreen by expert archers to land within inches of the lead actor. His terrified look is 100% honest, no acting required. Name the film.

3. Name this film -

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...2/bd9dd038.jpg

4. Waiting on Hamham Chan to think of something apparently...

5. Name this beloved character -

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...2/f3d18d5a.jpg

AFGNCAAP 01-14-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Once A Villain
2. In the climax of this Japanese film, a steady barrage of real arrows were fired from offscreen by expert archers to land within inches of the lead actor. His terrified look is 100% honest, no acting required. Name the film.

Haven't seen it, but that's the only one that your hint fits, I think: Kurosawa's Throne of Blood? I'll wait for the confirmation before replacing this question.

Quote:

5. Name this beloved character -

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...2/f3d18d5a.jpg
Monsieur Hulot! (Jacques Tati)

5. Marlon Brando, Peter Sellers, Jack Lemmon and Spencer Tracy - what do these four actors have in common?

Hamham Chan 01-14-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Once A Villain
4. Waiting on Hamham Chan to think of something apparently...

Ok, name this film:
One of the working titles for this film was "Night of the Flesh Eaters". Originally, the beings attacking the characters were extraterrestrial in origin, either aliens or humans possessed by an alien pathogen, presumably covering a NASA satellite returning from Venus. Eventually, it was decided that the dead would rise and devour the living, presumably due to radiation that was carried by a NASA satellite returning from Venus.

Once A Villain 01-14-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Haven't seen it, but that's the only one that your hint fits, I think: Kurosawa's Throne of Blood? I'll wait for the confirmation before replacing this question.

Yup! :D

Quote:

5. Marlon Brando, Peter Sellers, Jack Lemmon and Spencer Tracy - what do these four actors have in common?

Uhhhh... Well, we might need a little more here I think. All four of these guys are dead, for one thing. They're all white. They were all married at least once. What exactly are you looking for? :P

ATMachine 01-14-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamham Chan
One of the working titles for this film was "Night of the Flesh Eaters". Originally, the beings attacking the characters were extraterrestrial in origin, either aliens or humans possessed by an alien pathogen, presumably covering a NASA satellite returning from Venus. Eventually, it was decided that the dead would rise and devour the living, presumably due to radiation that was carried by a NASA satellite returning from Venus.

Night of the Living Dead (the original).

Something else from pop culture:
The character of Vicki Vale has appeared in two live-action movie versions of Batman. Which two?

Once A Villain 01-14-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamham Chan
Ok, name this film:

Hmmm... Well, I'm going to say Night of the Living Dead because I know the title was supposed to be Night of the Flesh Eaters until it was changed just before release. Also, the corpses come to life because of radiation. But I must admit I never knew any details about aliens being the original villains or alien possessed humans...so am I right?

EDIT: ATMachine was first. So hey, if that's the right answer ATM, you need to make up a new question to replace #4.

Hamham Chan 01-14-2006 12:45 PM

Night of the Living Dead is the correct answer.:)

AFGNCAAP 01-14-2006 01:01 PM

Updated list:

1. Name the 60's French film, considered a masterpiece of the medium, where the central character was actually a donkey, and some believe a metaphor for Jesus Christ?

2. Which famous filmmaker was rumoured to have hypnotized his cast in order to achieve a dreamlike quality of acting in one of his works?

3. Name this film -

4. The character of Vicki Vale has appeared in two live-action movie versions of Batman. Which two?

5. Marlon Brando, Peter Sellers, Jack Lemmon and Spencer Tracy - what do these four actors have in common? NOTE: The answer I'm looking for is neither about their personal traits nor private life - it's strictly about particular movies from their respective filmographies and the parts they played in them. That's all I'm telling for now - I'll give more details later, if necessary.

Lucien21 01-14-2006 01:14 PM

5. Ok I know this sounds stupid but.

They all have Simpsons characters based on one of their characters

Gil = Jack Lemmon in Glengarry Glen Ross
Fat Tony = Marlon Brandon Godfather
Apu = Peter Seller in "The Party" has a monkey called Apu
Smithers = Spencer Tracey from "Desk Set" there is a character called smithers

Ok the last two are stretching it a bit.

AFGNCAAP 01-14-2006 01:26 PM

Hm, not what I meant, Lucien. You're close in a sense, though, because what happened to those particular characters I'm thinking of long after the movies were released, is important.

I should have known better than to add an ambiguous question like that. :frusty:
me

Lucien21 01-14-2006 01:36 PM

*DING* inspiration

5. Steve Martin

Pink Panther
Out of Towners
Father of the Bride
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

All remakes of films done by the 4 actors

Once A Villain 01-14-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

2. Which famous filmmaker was rumoured to have hypnotized his cast in order to achieve a dreamlike quality of acting in one of his works?
Werner Herzog

Quote:

4. The character of Vicki Vale has appeared in two live-action movie versions of Batman. Which two?
Are you counting the 1949 live-action serial of Batman and Robin as a movie? Vicki Vale was in that, as well as the Tim Burton Batman. If you really do mean a feature length movie and not a serial for the second one, then I'm stumped, at least for the moment.

Quote:

5. Marlon Brando, Peter Sellers, Jack Lemmon and Spencer Tracy - what do these four actors have in common? NOTE: The answer I'm looking for is neither about their personal traits nor private life - it's strictly about particular movies from their respective filmographies and the parts they played in them. That's all I'm telling for now - I'll give more details later, if necessary.
I have a feeling I might just be forcing you to narrow down the possibilities again, but...they did all play doctors in movies in their careers.

Awaiting some answers on all of these except for the first one, which I know is right. Heh.

New Question #2 -

In what Robert Altman film did the cast have to write and sing all of their own songs?

AFGNCAAP 01-14-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

*DING* inspiration

5. Steve Martin

Pink Panther
Out of Towners
Father of the Bride
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

All remakes of films done by the 4 actors

Lucien for teh win! ;)

Lucien21 01-14-2006 01:42 PM

WOOT

Martin is the remake king.

New Question No5

Which was the first actress to win an Oscar in a movie directed by her husband?

Once A Villain 01-14-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Which was the first actress to win an Oscar in a movie directed by her husband?

I don't know if she was the first, but screw it... I'm gonna say Frances McDormand for Fargo, directed by her husband Joel Coen. Let me know. Heh.

Lucien21 01-14-2006 02:01 PM

Correct

Gknight 01-14-2006 02:07 PM

New Question #2 -

In what Robert Altman film did the cast have to write and sing all of their own songs?

Nashville.

Who was the original choice to play Indiana Janes.

Once A Villain 01-14-2006 02:13 PM

UPDATED LIST:

2. What famous film director is known to refer to his actors as "models"?

3. Name this film -

4. The character of Vicki Vale has appeared in two live-action movie versions of Batman. Which two? (Might be answered, awaiting confirmation)

5. What classic Western had a "Yee Haa scene" that was talked about and imitated by characters in a later film, City Slickers?

Once A Villain 01-14-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gknight
Who was the original choice to play Indiana Jones.

Tom Selleck

So I'll go back and change the latest list, heh.

ATMachine 01-14-2006 04:56 PM

Yes, I am looking for the "Batman and Robin" movie serial from the 1940's for that answer. Good show!

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy playing a game.