You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #281
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
I hope you don't mean the WIll Smith remake. or maybe even Army of Darkness.
Do NOT mention that remake! I'm not even sure Klaatu Barada Nikto was mentioned in that crappy film.

I was referencing both the original and Army of Darkness, of course...
Old 03-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #282
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I stumbled back onto this old thread when I did a search on my own posts and figured, hey, I bet this thread could keep TimovieMan here in Chit Chat for years! (Can't remember why I stopped participating in it, though... I think it was around the time I started working full-time again. Either that, or the questions got too hard for me! )

Depending on renewed interest in the thread and how fast people can come up with replacement questions, having five questions would allow for more variety. Hmm, where can we find someone dedicated enough to recap the updated questions periodically???
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #283
Filmfreak

1. Name this movie:

2. For what film did the set decorators base their decor on the Hotel El Minzah in Tangiers?

3. Cecil B. DeMille had a small role in the movie "Sunset Blvd." where he played himself. His scenes were shot while he was working on an actual film of his own. What was that film?

4. What was the last movie Roman Polanski filmed in the US?

5. This was the first film to gross 200 million dollars BEFORE it was even released in the US. Name the film.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #284
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

2. Casablanca
3. Samson and Delilah? (I figured since Sunset Boulevard was released in 1950, it wouldn't be The Ten Commandments. )
Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #285
Psychonaut

1. Freaks
4. Chinatown
Old 03-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #286
Filmfreak

All correct.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #287
Beamin' Demon

Replacement questions:
2. What film is about a rural Chinese woman obsessed with buying a larger TV set than her neighbour?

3. What is strapped to the top of the Cadillac carrying the band in Leningrad Cowboys Go America?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #288
Filmfreak

3. An open coffin with a frozen band member in it (complete with guitar that's sticking out)...

I loves me some Leningrad Cowboys! Kaurismäki FTW!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #289
Beamin' Demon

Ah ha ha, of course you're right, Tim. I love how his pointy boots (and hair) stick up too.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #290
Filmfreak

Let's go over the questions again (I've added my own replacement question at #3):

1. Still waiting for Lucien21's replacement question...

2. What film is about a rural Chinese woman obsessed with buying a larger TV set than her neighbour?

3. This movie was the debut of a now acclaimed director (who frequently handles 100+ million dollar films), and had an estimated cost of 6000 dollars, making it possibly the cheapest film ever. Name the film and the director.

4. Still waiting for Lucien21's replacement question...

5. This was the first film to gross 200 million dollars BEFORE it was even released in the US. Name the film.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #291
Filmfreak

*bump*

And we're still waiting for Lucien21's replacement questions...
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #292
Psychonaut

Nag Nag Nag...

1. In which 1986 film does a very young Kiefer Sutherland play the bully Ace Merrill ?

4. Mary Irwin and John C. Rice were the first to do what in film in 1896 ?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #293
Beamin' Demon

1. Stand by Me
Old 03-31-2012, 03:10 AM   #294
Psychonaut

correct
Old 03-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #295
Filmfreak

4. Kiss - it's the oldest surviving piece of film that features two people kissing, hence its title "The Kiss"...
Never mind that it's only 20 seconds long... :-P
Old 03-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #296
Psychonaut

Also correct
Old 03-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #297
Beamin' Demon

Replacement question:

1. What do the letters in the French-Canadian film C.R.A.Z.Y. stand for?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #298
Filmfreak

Recap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
1. What do the letters in the French-Canadian film C.R.A.Z.Y. stand for?

3. This movie was the debut of a now acclaimed director (who frequently handles 100+ million dollar films), and had an estimated cost of 6000 dollars, making it possibly the cheapest film ever. Name the film and the director.

4. There was something special about the famous shot (see photo below) of the bandit shooting at the camera in The Great Train Robbery (1903). A note about this shot was included with the distribution of the film. What did it say?