Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Movie Trivia! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/12808-movie-trivia.html)

playing_games 03-01-2006 07:42 AM

Hmmm, it feels like A Christmas Story but I'm probably wrong. I do not remember that scene from the movie.

AFGNCAAP 03-01-2006 08:43 AM

Time to remind the whole list (with a new #4 added)!

1. Name the famous trilogy of 1930's French films, adapted from the stage by the original writer, where each film is named after one of the three main characters.

2. What poet appears in an incredibly long movie reciting all 4000+ pages of one of his poems?

3. What movie is this from?

http://home.comcast.net/~snarkibartf.../threekids.jpg

4. What film starred Michael Douglas and Vladimir Palahniuk?

5. Which movie was described by its director as a tribute to movie theatres of old, only to never mention it again after the film's success?

AFGNCAAP 03-01-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

5. Which movie was described by its director as a tribute to movie theatres of old, only to never mention it again after the film's success?
I'm not sure how to understand the "never mention it again" part, but I'll go with Silent Movie (by Mel Brooks) for this question.

jjacob 03-01-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
I'm not sure how to understand the "never mention it again" part, but I'll go with Silent Movie (by Mel Brooks) for this question.

Sorry, wrong :). The latter part of the question is to narrow the possibilities, it's in a way typical to the director, if you know him or his work (let's just say he's eccentric-ish and not really good at PR). After a few more wrong answers I'll give another hint, or sooner if specifically asked by you guys ;)

After a brisk nap 03-01-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playing_games
Hmmm, it feels like A Christmas Story but I'm probably wrong. I do not remember that scene from the movie.

Yes, you are. Wrong, that is. Sorry.

Spiwak 03-01-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

1. Name the famous trilogy of 1930's French films, adapted from the stage by the original writer, where each film is named after one of the three main characters.
I think you're talking about he Marseilles Trilogy by Pagnol. Marius. Fanny. Cesar.

Quote:

Wow that's hard...I think I know who Vladimir Palahniuk is but I can't remember anything that he and Michael Douglas were in together. Judging by this set-up this looks like it's going to be really obscure. :P

Once A Villain 03-01-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiwak
I think you're talking about he Marseilles Trilogy by Pagnol. Marius. Fanny. Cesar.

Correct.

Lucien21 03-01-2006 10:59 PM

= Michael Keaton and Jack Palance in

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8...nposter7as.jpg

Spiwak 03-01-2006 11:06 PM

1. This actress, who appeared in only three movies, died in much the same way as one of the characters she played only five years after filming it.

EDIT Man lucien I was close to guessing Batman. I knew Jack Palance's real name was Vladimir Palahniuk but I wasn't sure about Michael Keaton/Douglas (although I figured that it might have been the case). Great question!

AFGNCAAP 03-02-2006 05:20 AM

Hehe, Lucien got it right. :D

playing_games 03-02-2006 06:33 AM

Damn, I also knew Vladimir Palahniuk was Jack Palance but I failed to make Keaton=Douglas connection. I've been wrecking my brain trying to come up with a movie that starred Michael Douglas and Jack Palance!

Tricky! Tricky!

Is anyone going to get #2 by the way? I don't know the answer and it's been driving me crazy for days now.

Spiwak 03-02-2006 02:49 PM

I'm surprised no one has gotten 2 yet.

If everyone wants I can try to provide a hint.

After a brisk nap 03-03-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

3. What movie is this from?

http://home.comcast.net/~snarkibartf.../threekids.jpg

Alright, time for a hint. The director who made this movie (I'm not giving away whether he/she is living or dead) never shot/has never shot a movie in Hollywood, though many of his/her films have been made/were made for Hollywood studios and production companies, and starring "Hollywood" actors.

Spiwak 03-03-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snarky
Alright, time for a hint. The director who made this movie (I'm not giving away whether he/she is living or dead) never shot/has never shot a movie in Hollywood, though many of his/her films have been made/were made for Hollywood studios and production companies, and starring "Hollywood" actors.

Hmm...well that sounds like Lars von Trier to me.

After a brisk nap 03-03-2006 08:28 PM

So what's the film?

Spiwak 03-04-2006 04:33 AM

Quote:

So what's the film?

Well the only one of his I've seen is Breaking the Waves, and the shot doesn't appear to be from that, from what I remember. This is a total guess but I'll go with Dancer in the Dark.

After a brisk nap 03-04-2006 07:58 AM

No, that's not it. And I'll help you out and reveal that it's not a Lars von Trier film.

After a brisk nap 03-08-2006 08:43 PM

Since this thread appears to be well and truly dead, I'll reveal that the answer to my Question 3 was Cronenberg's The Brood.

Would the rest of the question-posers mind giving up the other answers?

Once A Villain 03-09-2006 01:42 AM

Nah, this thread has been dead before and returned to life so... Make a new #3 and we'll move on.

Spiwak 03-09-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Since this thread appears to be well and truly dead, I'll reveal that the answer to my Question 3 was Cronenberg's The Brood.

Would the rest of the question-posers mind giving up the other answers?

Dammit and I've seen that movie...can't believe I didn't recognize it :crazy:

And I 'd rathe give hints before just giving up my answers.