You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The Most Embarrassing Moment In Your Life!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva
Default The Most Embarrassing Moment In Your Life!

Whats the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you. Be it more one time or multiple moments.

For me it was probably when I was playing hockey in front of a whole crowd and one of the players on the losing team pulled down my underware & tracksuit. My god was I shattered. Not that the sight of my naked butt isent pleasing... *stairs at butt* hmmm....

What about you guys?

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
OUATIJ Creator

When I took my grandmother to see Boogie Nights. She didn't forgive me for like a year...
Old 01-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
When I took my grandmother to see Boogie Nights. She didn't forgive me for like a year...
She loved it THAT much?

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 01-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
*stairs at butt* hmmm....
So there are stairs leading up to your butt? Just how tall are you?

Share the love.

<3
Old 01-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
So there are stairs leading up to your butt? Just how tall are you?
Yeah, I use those stairs whenever my butt cheecks need a spit shine. Although the lift is better.

_

Old 01-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Yeah, I use those stairs whenever my butt cheecks need a spit shine. Although the lift is better.
LOL!

Share the love.

<3
Old 01-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
Translate Me

Some years back, I lived in Amherst, Massachusetts, USA, famously known as 1) The mistaken belief that it is home of the university that inspired the movie Animal House and 2) Home of famed poetess Emily Dickinson... usually in that order, depending on whom you ask. I rented a room on the second floor of a charmingly decrepit old house said to have been owned at some point by Emily Dickinson's uncle. (I learned this when the Emily Dickinson Society visited our home and asked to look around). I had three housemates living upstairs with me, and our landlord and his wife and daughter occupied the first floor.

Anyway, we had a small living room window with no screen that got stuck open one nice spring day, and because none of us could get it shut and the landlord wouldn't come up to fix it, we just kept it open, enjoying the nice breeze it let in. Unfortunately, it also let in a lot of bugs, but this all stopped when a kind spider constructed a web which filled the entire window space. Since she was providing a valuable service, we welcomed her as one of our own and let her stay. Well, one day I was studying her closely for some minutes, marvelling at how she managed her web, when I heard a loud "Hey!" and my vision suddenly refocused past the spider and down into the yard, where I discovered that the landlord's 15 year old daughter had been sunbathing. She gave me the nastiest "You pervert!" kind of look she could muster, wrapped herself in a towel, and stormed inside. Now, I won't lie: I'm sure I would have enjoyed a brief glimpse of her had I noticed her there earlier, as I was just a few years older than she was myself... but I was innocent of any wrongdoing in this case, and yet she thought I was standing there ogling her! How embarrassing!

A few days later I came home and one of my roommates asked me if I was moving out. "Why?" I asked. She told me that the landlord had been showing my room around to new people. Uh oh...

I went downstairs and did my best to explain things, apologizing for any insult I may have caused as a result of my spider watching, and things seemed to be more or less okay after that, although I wasn't invited to the yearly barbecue.

Then I was coming home from work late at night and met my roommate coming out the downstairs door that went to our little parking lot. My roommate and one of her friends always called themselves "The Two Sexy Bitches", so I greeted her as I usually did, "HEY, SEXY!!"

Alas, it turned out it wasn't my roommate... and the landlord starting showing my room again.

me

Last edited by nikoniko; 01-05-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #8
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

what happened after that?

so the landlord was just showing other people your room without telling you?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by doroposo
Some years back, I lived in Amherst, Massachusetts, USA, famously known as 1) Home of the university that inspired the movie Animal House and 2) Home of famed poetess Emily Dickinson... usually in that order, depending on whom you ask. I rented a room on the second floor of a charmingly decrepit old house said to have been owned at some point by Emily Dickinson's uncle. (I learned this when the Emily Dickinson Society visited our home and asked to look around). I had three housemates living upstairs with me, and our landlord and his wife and daughter occupied the first floor.

Anyway, we had a small living room window with no screen that got stuck open one nice spring day, and because none of us could get it shut and the landlord wouldn't come up to fix it, we just kept it open, enjoying the nice breeze it let in. Unfortunately, it also let in a lot of bugs, but this all stopped when a kind spider constructed a web which filled the entire window space. Since she was providing a valuable service, we welcomed her as one of our own and let her stay. Well, one day I was studying her closely for some minutes, marvelling at how she managed her web, when I heard a loud "Hey!" and my vision suddenly refocused past the spider and down into the yard, where I discovered that the landlord's 15 year old daughter had been sunbathing. She gave me the nastiest "You pervert!" kind of look she could muster, wrapped herself in a towel, and stormed inside. Now, I won't lie: I'm sure I would have enjoyed a brief glimpse of her had I noticed her there earlier, as I was just a few years older than she was myself... but I was innocent of any wrongdoing in this case, and yet she thought I was standing there ogling her! How embarrassing!

A few days later I came home and one of my roommates asked me if I was moving out. "Why?" I asked. She told me that the landlord had been showing my room around to new people. Uh oh...

I went downstairs and did my best to explain things, apologizing for any insult I may have caused as a result of my spider watching, and things seemed to be more or less okay after that, although I wasn't invited to the yearly barbecue.

Then I was coming home from work late at night and met my roommate coming out the downstairs door that went to our little parking lot. My roommate and one of her friends always called themselves "The Two Sexy Bitches", so I greeted her as I usually did, "HEY, SEXY!!"

Alas, it turned out it wasn't my roommate... and the landlord starting showing my room again.

me
Man, I thought I was the only person in the world this sort of shit happened to. I swear, this is my everyday. Only imagine the FBI and random bureaucrats involved and presto! You have my life. I have grown somewhat accustomed to it, though.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
SamNMax

I could probably name a bunch, but most are repressed.

Old 01-05-2006, 05:30 AM   #11
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Doroposo: While UMass could remind me of Animal House (er, assuming that's the college in the area you meant), Wikipedia claims the movie was inspired by Dartmouth College (shrug).

But wow, I've never met anyone online before who also lives/lived in Western MA. (boggles)

Er, getting back to the topic at hand, while I've had lots of embarrassing moments, none of them were all that horrible. If I had to pick one, though, I guess it would be the first time I got kissed.

I had asked the fellow in question to take me to a city festival dance. While we were out on the dance floor, er, dancing, he decided to kiss me, a very full-fledged kiss. Being rather taken by surprise by the whole matter (both in not expecting it and having never been kissed before) I lost track of the surroundings and went with it.

When we "came up for air", I started smiling rather giddily... and then looked around me and noticed that all the people around me (mostly adults, I might add) were all smiling at me rather knowingly. The realization that I'd been smooching away with everyone looking at me finally hit me, and my face got all red and I dashed for the bathroom.

Later on, my friend at the time told me that she had told my mom (who was volunteering by being the ticket-taker at the door) that I'd kissed the fellow. (With friends like these...) Apparently my mom just said, "Oh, that's so adorable!" at the news and was all happy that I'd gotten my first kiss. So that at least wasn't so bad.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 01-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #12
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Whats the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you. Be it more one time or multiple moments.

For me it was probably when I was playing hockey in front of a whole crowd and one of the players on the losing team pulled down my underware & tracksuit. My god was I shattered. Not that the sight of my naked butt isent pleasing... *stairs at butt* hmmm....

What about you guys?
*giggles*

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 01-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #13
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
While UMass could remind me of Animal House (er, assuming that's the college in the area you meant), Wikipedia claims the movie was inspired by Dartmouth College (shrug).
It wouldn't surprise me. The UMass connection was related by a professor I had, but then he may have had it fused with UMass's former reputation as the drunkest school in the country. (I used to have a copy of the article on this, which I forwarded to my mom when she worried I might not be having fun up there in Massachusetts ) They've since turned that around and given up their top spot, but I'm sure they're a good contender for highest school in the country... or at least some Massachusetts school must be. I've never seen another part of the country where pot smoking was so ubiquitous.

Quote:
But wow, I've never met anyone online before who also lives/lived in Western MA. (boggles)
I'd love to know what part you're in, but as your profile lists only the region I'll respect your privacy. The whole area is definitely a world of its own, though, so it's enough to know you're somewhere around there.

Definitely some interesting experiences while I was there... and if I'd been a pothead like most of my friends, coworkers and professors , who knows, it might have been even more interesting.

Cheers,
doroposo
Old 01-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #14

my most embarrasing moment was when i was at work!
i work in a shoe shop with little kids
the trousers we have to wear are really big and and so when we bend down they fall dwn a bit! i had sum undies on wid glitter writing that said kiss. So
a little boy came up behind me and said ok ill kiss that and went to kiss my behind lol!

a lil bit red after dat
Old 01-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #15
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Man, I thought I was the only person in the world this sort of shit happened to. I swear, this is my everyday. Only imagine the FBI and random bureaucrats involved and presto! You have my life. I have grown somewhat accustomed to it, though.
That reminds me of the second most embarrassing moment in my life. It was exactly one week after the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States, and my rommmate George wanted to take advantage of DC being deserted to go eat lunch at our favorite cafeteria-style restaurant. After lunch, we walked around town for a while, amazed at how few people were there compared to pre-Sept 11, then made our way back to the car to head back home. But just as we were pulling out of our parking space, George suggested that we could drive past the Pentagon to view the damage and say a prayer.

We found our way there, but couldn't quite figure out how to get to a view of the impact site, so we left after saying a prayer. I asked George if he'd drive us home, as I was getting a bad headache and felt exhausted. While I dozed in the passenger seat, he drove, and I nodded off until I felt the car come to a stop and woke up. He had pulled off to the side of the road because he was lost. It was dark out, and when I had asked George to drive I'd forgotten he had very poor night vision, plus didn't know the roads around DC and Virginia as well as I did. While I was still trying to get my bearings and see where we were, he checked my map, then told me, "Oh, sorry, I've figured it out now, you can go back to resting." A few moments later, I heard George say, "Uh oh!" and I quickly snapped to full attention to see what was up.

George looked horrified. "I was trying to turn around, but I think I picked a bad place to do it..."

We were on a two lane road, with a median separating our lane from the one going the other direction, so there was no way to turn around without going ahead. A red sign loomed before us, "Federal Restricted Area". Uh oh was right.

We contemplated backing out, but a car was coming in behind us so we had to move forward. After a short drive along this road, trapped with no way to turn around, we finally arrived at a huge, intimidating gate with several armed guards.

There was a sign. It was not the sort of sign we ever wanted to see in person.

"Oh God. We're at the CIA."

I had no idea how George had gotten us to the Central Intelligence Agency (to his credit, though, it is actually on the way home, so he wasn't as lost as one might imagine), but nonetheless we were there, and this did not seem a good place to show up without an appointment. I tried to wave a gesture of embarrassent, and pointed to the exit trying to indicate, "Sorry, we're lost, and we're going to turn around now." The guards just stared at us for a moment, so George started to turn the car so we could leave. It seemed they understood our predicament and were going to let us go without any problem. I mean, surely, this must happen all the time...

Lights began to flash behind us, and it was suddenly clear that we hadn't gotten off so easily. George stopped the car and we waited inside. A glance in the rearview mirror showed that there were two guards with guns trained toward our car, advancing on either side, while another approached with his gun still holstered. The guard who didn't have his gun drawn ordered George to roll the window down.

Suddenly we were being bombarded by questions. Who are you, why are you here, and so on. We turned over our identification and told our story. All the while, the guard asked for more information, "Where did you sit in the restaurant you claim to have visited for lunch?" "What route did you take driving around the Pentagon?" and so on. He went back to his post and started calling all sorts of people, I suppose checking our background and confirming whether we really ate lunch where we said we did, and so on. Meanwhile, the other guards looked under our car with some sort of mirror-on--a-stick, then a dog was brought out to sniff our car (for bombs, I guess?). Strangely, we were never asked to get out of the car. They only told us to keep our hands on top of the dashboard where they could see them. I guess it was enough to keep guns drawn, making it clear that if we did have any weapons and tried to go for it, we'd be dead before we could reach them.

My dad had worked for the NSA (National Security Agency) for a few years, so it must really have looked bad for his son to be randomly showing up at the CIA... thank God he was dead by then, so that he wouldn't have to endure the embarrassment this would have caused him. Especially considering he always called the CIA, "Those mother fu**ers across the river."

After several hours, which felt like days, the other guard came back. If my dad's background had shown up in his checking, he didn't mention it. Glaring from George to me, he told us, "Okay, you check out, but I could arrest you right now just for being here." He let that sink in before he continued. "But because I'm feeling nice tonight, you're going to leave here and head straight home. If you're not there in 30 minutes..." He trailed off, making it clear that we didn't even want to consider not getting straight home.

We got back to the apartment just before the half hour was up, and the phone rang the moment we stepped through the door. It was our friend from the CIA checking up on us. I imagine he already knew we were home, as there was likely someone following our car, but was calling to make sure we were sufficiently scared to keep out of trouble in the future.

Afterward, I looked at George and said, "Thank God Mehdi wasn't with us." Mehdi is a friend of ours from Iran, who was in town visiting but was with some other friends that night. Knowing how the atmosphere was right after Sept 11, I'm sure if we'd had someone from the Middle East in the car, we'd all have ended up in jail, for who knows how long...

So I can definitely sympathize, Kingzjester.

Cheers,
doroposo

Last edited by nikoniko; 01-05-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
Hitch-Hiker

Thats quite a story. lol

_

Old 01-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #17
Diva of Death

Quote:
They've since turned that around and given up their top spot, but I'm sure they're a good contender for highest school in the country... or at least some Massachusetts school must be. I've never seen another part of the country where pot smoking was so ubiquitous.
Heh! Massachusetts certainly is... liberal... which is one of the things I like about it. (Though I myself am fairly strait-laced, at least when it comes to drug consumption...)

Quote:
I'd love to know what part you're in, but as your profile lists only the region I'll respect your privacy. The whole area is definitely a world of its own, though, so it's enough to know you're somewhere around there.
I don't mind. I grew up in Pittsfield, but I'm currently in Springfield. My roommate grew up in another city of the Berkshires, and graduated from UMass (despite being as strait-laced as I am). The bass of his barbershop quartet is a UMass Latin professor, too.

As for your latest story, all I can say is...

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
Old 01-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #18
Translate Me

Quote:
I don't mind. I grew up in Pittsfield, but I'm currently in Springfield.
Ah, Springfield. When people find out I lived in Western Mass, the inevitable question is, "Oh, isn't that where they have the Basketball Hall of Fame?" Except in Japan, where the person simply tries to pronounce Springfield, Mass: "Su-pu-ri-n-gu... fu-ii-ru-do... Ma-su? Hai?"

My main memory of S-field is of the homeless poet who cornered me in a bathroom stall, sliding typewritten poems underneath the door and telling me he wouldn't let me out until I paid him for them. When I told him I didn't like reading in the bathroom, he insisted on reading me a letter from the governor thanking him for sending poetry to the governor's office every week. Then he slid it under the door, but warned me he needed that one back, since it was his only copy. Eventually I paid the toll and he left me alone. I half wanted to read his poetry, since I'd bought a copy after all, but wasn't about to touch it after it had been on the mens room floor.

Quote:
My roommate grew up in another city of the Berkshires, and graduated from UMass (despite being as strait-laced as I am). The bass of his barbershop quartet is a UMass Latin professor, too.
By any chance, has he ever heard of the quartet The Mental Notes? I have no idea whether they'd still be together -- probably not -- but I sorta knew one of the members.

Quote:
As for your latest story, all I can say is...
My nickname is "The other Indy", due to my propensity for real-life adventure. I guess it's no wonder I like adventure games, but sometimes I wish life had a Save option or came with a good hint system.

Cheers,
doroposo

Last edited by nikoniko; 01-05-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #19
Diva of Death

Quote:
By any chance, has he ever heard of the quartet The Mental Notes? I have no idea whether they'd still be together -- probably not -- but I sorta knew one of the members.

Yes! That was my roommate's first quartet! The boggle-o-meter has just hit, like, 11! Wow! *hums "It's a Small World"*

Unfortunately, as you might have guessed, they aren't still together... everyone ended up sorting of drifting apart after the college years were over. Though that quartet had a UMass Astronomy professor in it instead...

Anyhoo, uh... yeah, Springfield is pretty damn weird, and I do indeed wish life had a hint system. (Though my hint needs would thankfully be somewhat more mundane, it seems...)

And as for the Basketball Hall of Fame... well, I guess it could be worse. You could encounter someone who says, "Hey, yeah, that's where Smith & Wesson is headquartered!"

(Seriously, though, the most common response I tend to get is "Is that anywhere near Boston?" ;P )

Peace & Luv, Liz

Old 01-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #20
Translate Me

Quote:

Yes! That was my roommate's first quartet! The boggle-o-meter has just hit, like, 11! Wow! *hums "It's a Small World"*
Amazing! This six degrees of separation thing is really true! The only guy I knew from the group was Harrison, whom I first met at the little improv thing they had on campus. I wasn't still living in Mass at the time, but everytime I made it back up there (which was pretty often, since I tried to keep in touch with my friends), I'd check out the improv group and see if the Mental Notes were going to be playing anywhere. You can thank your friend for me, because after I came back home I got pretty involved in BBshopQ myself, and now I'm hoping to get something together in Japan. There's a few groups around, but none near me, so it's up to me to get one started! The Japanese love karaoke, so BBQ isn't that much of a stretch, I think.

Are there any recordings of them around? I remember for a while they had a webpage up, and I think there was a snippet on there... alas, I never saved it, so it would be great to hear them again.

Quote:
Though that quartet had a UMass Astronomy professor in it instead...
Hmm... my old boss at CVS shared a home in Northampton with a UMass Astronomy professor... I never made any sort of connection, but I wonder if he was the same guy. Any chance the professor's name was Eric?

Quote:
I guess it could be worse. You could encounter someone who says, "Hey, yeah, that's where Smith & Wesson is headquartered!"
I got that once, when I worked in Texas for a little while after graduation. After that, I stopped telling people I'd gone to school near Springfield.

Quote:
(Seriously, though, the most common response I tend to get is "Is that anywhere near Boston?" ;P )
Ah, Boston. Coming from the DC area, I never got used to the idea that people could eat and drink on the T (Boston's metro or subway system, for those not in the know who are reading this). And moreover, they sold the stuff at the stations! In DC, food and drink aren't allowed on the trains. My third most embarrassing life experience was being on my way to a job interview in Boston, taking the T from South Station to get there, and plopping down into the one unoccupied seat during rush hour. Unfortunately, while not being occupied by a person, it was occupied by a frosted chocolate doughnut! And of course, I was wearing khaki-colored pants. Thankfully, I was able to pop over to Filene's Basement department store real quick and buy a replacement, but ultimately I was late to the interview and didn't get the job.

Ah, Boston...

Cheers,
doroposo