You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN is Doing Exceptionally Well...

View Poll Results: Have you seen Brokeback Mountain?
Yes, and I loved it... 4 10.53%
Yes, it was ok... 2 5.26%
Yes, and I didn't care for it... 0 0%
No, but I plan to... 21 55.26%
No, and I don't plan to... 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #61
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
That can't be real, it's too scripted, but still funny as hell! "Well, you know, you can't mess up a good western" and the look on the other guy's face, priceless
Ha ha, oh it's definitely not real, but I wondered if the guys were real rednecks just "acting". Heh. I guess not though because I watched some of their other stuff. Pretty funny.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #62
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

I finally saw "Brokeback Mountain" tonight.
Damn.
Just...
Damn.
First off, even though Ang Lee is not from rural America, he has captured perfectly the look and feel of country places. Greasy spoon diners, dive beerjoints, country houses, and off-Main Street businesses really used to look just like they're depicted in the movie.
The movie also contains the most accurate and unflinching depictions of gay sex and intimacy I've ever seen, period.
It is an extremely powerful and moving motion picture, and it should sweep the Oscars this year.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #63
Roar?

I haven't seen this yet, despite my love for Jake Gyllenhaal. I'll probably go see it by myself so I can drool over him in silence. (I really need to find a movie buddy who does not yammer on and on.)
Old 02-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #64
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofa
I haven't seen this yet, despite my love for Jake Gyllenhaal. I'll probably go see it by myself so I can drool over him in silence. (I really need to find a movie buddy who does not yammer on and on.)
To me, Heath Ledger came off a bit more attractive in this movie, perhaps because I identified with his character more.
I'd say it's best to go see this with a friend. And don't forget the hankies...it's a tear-jerker.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-02-2006, 06:44 AM   #65

If there are people who are still resistant to the idea of watching this movie, I will give you another reason why you should.

Larry McMurtry.

If his name sounds familiar, there is a good reason. Among the works he's responsible for, you will see gems like, Terms of Endearment (novel), The Last Picture Show (Novel and screenplay), and Lonesome Dove (novel). He co wrote the screenplay with Diana Ossana.

They actually wrote the screenplay several years ago and had been trying to get the movie made for years. What a blessing that they succeeded and ended up working with a wonderful partner like Ang Lee.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #66
OUATIJ Creator

Another humorous spoof movie...a trailer that uses the Brokeback Mountain format and music...to tell of the secret love between...

Doc Brown and Marty McFly. Back to the Future fans will get a kick out of it especially. Hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfODSPIYwpQ
Old 02-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #67
Doctor Watson

Saw it a few hours ago, can't think of anything to say about it. It was OK, but the gay aspect didn't move me, mainly the relationship stuff.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #68
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
Saw it a few hours ago, can't think of anything to say about it. It was OK, but the gay aspect didn't move me, mainly the relationship stuff.
But it was about a gay relationship, and how we can be every bit as much in love, and on all the same levels, as straight people can. Except, of course, that two guys being madly in love with each other wasn't (and in many places, still isn't) tolerated by society at large. It's about succumbing to passion and drives you can't control in the face of adversity, and the lengths to which two individuals will go in order to grab a little bliss in a drab and humdrum existance that they can't escape.
If Jack and Delmar had met, fallen in love, and lived happily ever after, then there wouldn't have been much of a story.
I was impressed by how this movie tells a story about two macho guys whose only problem is that they happen to fall in love with each other, and all the trials and tribulations they have to suffer because of that.

As good as this movie is, and as much as Hollywood likes to play "follow the leader", I wonder how many similar stories it will inspire in the next few years?

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #69
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

About time a movie like this came out, I plan to see it sometime soon.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 08-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #70
Banned User

Finally saw it, and...I liked it!
Old 08-27-2006, 02:06 PM   #71
merely human

Oops, I forgot to put this one on my Netflix queue.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #72
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I saw this movie, every shot could be framed, the cinematography is stellar. And the film is 5*!