You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #81
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

When my cat had kittens, I was fascinated by how five cats raised in the same home by their mother and myself managed to develop five very distinct personalities.
Tux hated me, and would have nothing to do with me at all. Since he had his father's perfect tuxedo markings (hence his name) and his mother's velvety Russian Blue coat, he was adopted out first.
Tiger was a lazy slug of a cat whose only concern was eating. He would lay on his side with his head in the food dish and eat that way, then wash it down by knocking over his mother and getting a few swigs of milk. Sasha (his mother) would occasionally grab him round the neck with her paw and give him a quick bath, and although he was twice her size, he submitted to this willingly.
Blotch had highly asymmetrical markings, was very long and lithe, and had a head shape reminiscent of a Siamese. He spent almost all his time in my room, and disappered whenever visitors came by. He would lay on my chest until I went to sleep at night, then move to the top of my headboard. When I woke up every morning, he'd hop back down on my chest and purr until I got out of bed.
Blackie was solid black, and at best only tolerated petting. She lived to play with and chase anything that presented itself, be it a sibling's tail, a ball, or a stray dust mote in a shaft of sunlight.
Merlin was solid grey like her mother and was an absolute shameless love sponge. No lap could ever remain un-curled-up-in, and no visit to the bathroom remained private for long while she was around. While her siblings got to hear "Get it!" and "Here kitty...", Merlin rarely heard anything besides "Get off me, Merlin!". She was never fazed in the least.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #82
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Then, on a freaky cold spring day, I woke up to find all of them dead in the garden (where we put their cage), and as it turns out, they weren't meant to be in this kind of climate at all (even though it was about 6 degrees celcius that night), as they were native to Chilli
This is one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

I had 6-week old hamster die in November. It was awful. I hate it when pets die.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #83
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I had 6-week old hamster die in November. It was awful. I hate it when pets die.
Have you ever watched a beautiful five-year-old Siamese cat shrivel up before you, as if from AIDS, and then die not long after he gives you his final meow at the animal hospital?

I have. He was mine.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #84
fov
Rattenmonster

Nope, but it sounds about as awful.

Err, anyway. How about some more cute pictures?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #85
merely human

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #86
fov
Rattenmonster

That cat better not be aiming at a hamster.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:53 PM   #87
merely human

Yes he is.

It shoots water. Get ready for wet hamster.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #88
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #89
merely human

"I wanna be an ugly duckling too!!!"

Alternate caption: "Whoah. Looks like some of us spent a little too long in the incubator."
Old 02-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #90
Magic Wand Waver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Here's who's at the other end of the gun -

Old 02-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #91
merely human

I've heard of black-on-black violence, but kitten-on-kitten violence?!!!

BTW, sniper kitten has his own wallpaper if anyone's interested.

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 02-09-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #92
merely human

Just when you thought it was safe...

...it's the return of:

Super Hairless Poozie!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #93
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
I wanna say it...but I shouldn't.

Hmmm...maybe if I drop a hint

Does that photo remind y'all of someone?

*slaps hand* Bad Scott! Bad, bad Scott!

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #94
Magic Wand Waver

Nope, who?
Old 02-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #95
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Nope, who?
Look closely. A pale duck who seems to want to join the black ducks.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #96
merely human

LOL!!!!

Scott

You are EVIL, man!

However, good call!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #97
merely human

"Thank you. Thankyouverymuch. This next song is dedicated by Trep to a very, very lovely young woman named fov..."
Old 02-10-2006, 12:36 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
This is one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

I was devastated for at least a month, I even swore to myself never to get another pet again. Luckily I broke that vow and got a cat, the cutest little furry thing alive! (well, not little, he's actually more like a battle tank with 20-inch thick armor plating, ask the other cats in the neighbourhood, if they dare speak ).

Sorry about your hamster ((((Emily)))) I had one of those too, but after it just kept falling over one day we took him to the veterinarian and it turned out he had to be put to sleep. I love animals too much to watch them die, but atleast he died after living a happy life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Have you ever watched a beautiful five-year-old Siamese cat shrivel up before you, as if from AIDS, and then die not long after he gives you his final meow at the animal hospital?

I have. He was mine.
That's awful trepsie ((((Trepsie)))). Not long ago my cat started vomiting all over the place for like a month. He'd eat, then vomit, eat, and vomit, like he had some sort of terrible disease. The vet didn't know what it was so we had him MRI or CAT scanned for 500 euros (and our cat/pet-insurance decided not to cover it ). Luckily they didn't find anything and we since switched to healthier cat-food and the vomiting stopped (as it turned out, the cat-food our vet sold us was the cause, his stomach couldn't handle all the carbs or something like that). Gave me quite a scare. God, I hope he lives to be thirty (he's eight now).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intepid Homoludens

"Thank you. Thankyouverymuch. This next song is dedicated by Trep to a very, very lovely young woman named fov..."

ROFLMAO
Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #99
Magic Wand Waver

Kitty Antics

Lynsie
Old 02-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #100
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
When my cat had kittens, I was fascinated by how five cats raised in the same home by their mother and myself managed to develop five very distinct personalities.
Aren't kittens the greatest? When I was a kid our family cat had kittens. They had very distinct personalities, like yours.

Sneakers was a short-haired pure white kitten and had a total diva attitude. He'd throw honest to God temper tantrums if he didn't get what he wanted. He'd start hissing and his tail would pouf and he'd roll around angrily on the floor. He liked to sleep in people's shoes, especially my mother's high heels.

Gumdrops was a long-haired brown tabby with white 'glasses' around her eyes. She was the sweetest cat, but a bit dim. She liked to scratch at her shadow on the wall. All day there'd be this awful "scree scree scree" of kitty claws on the wall.

Smooklin was another long haired tabby and also a sweetie, but he was adventurous and climbed everything in the house, including the door frames. He liked to clean people's hair for them. (Ow.)