You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #61
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott

Hamsters are indeed cute, but I'm more of a rat guy.
You really think that is cute?????

Firefox rules
Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #62
Super Moderator

Yay Scott! Actually they are really nice animals that if handled a lot when they are young are extremely sociable and very smart too. Mine can be handled but she's much more skittish. She was used to make babies and therefore wasn't handled a lot.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #63
Super Moderator

Awww come on Soccerdude! Here's my Twinkle toes!!

Old 02-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #64
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
You really think that is cute?????
Well...yes.
Let's examine it's cuteness factor critically:
Small? Yes.
Furry? Yes.
Playful? Yes.
Affectionate? Yes.
Possessed of charming natural behaviors? Yes.
Easily anthropomorphisized? Yes.

Of course, it's possible that I may have an imperfect idea of what constitutes "cute". Earlier this week I was described quite seriously as "a big macho guy" (a statement that caused me to laugh so hard I almost did an impromtu spit-take), so it seems I can be remarkably clueless about a lot of things from time to time.

Share the love.

<3
Old 02-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #65
Roar?

Rats are really really really cute! They have tiny little hands and they grab and examine stuff curiously - like raccoons.

I saw some very cute mice at the pet store yesterday. There were about twenty little mouselings in a cage, and ALL of them were trying to run on the spinny wheel. Some were running inside of the wheel, some were running on top of the wheel. Once they'd get enough momentum going they'd all stop running and hold on tight as the wheel spun them around and around and upside down. They really loved that wheel.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #66
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

But they're actually experimenting on us; don't forget that .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #67
merely human

Yesterday I was doing errands and decided to go into Petco. They had a couple of ferrets for sale ($130 each) and the moment I got close to the glass they came right at me and squirmed for attention and sniffed at me. Then I visited the hamsters, most of whom were napping. There were two huge ones (forgot what they're called), the size of kittens.

I miss having something warm and furry to cuddle.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #68
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Well...yes.
Let's examine it's cuteness factor critically:
Small? Yes.
Furry? Yes.
Playful? Yes.
Affectionate? Yes.
Possessed of charming natural behaviors? Yes.
Easily anthropomorphisized? Yes.

Of course, it's possible that I may have an imperfect idea of what constitutes "cute". Earlier this week I was described quite seriously as "a big macho guy" (a statement that caused me to laugh so hard I almost did an impromtu spit-take), so it seems I can be remarkably clueless about a lot of things from time to time.

A perfect example of your self-deprecating humor, and makes us laugh with you.

Lynsie
Old 02-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #69
merely human

Mira, has the doctor examined you yet? We need an update.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-09-2006, 12:01 AM   #70
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:

Hamsters are indeed cute, but I'm more of a rat guy.

We used to have ten of those. Rats are cute. Ten Females, that is. One of them was acting half-wild, because she had been abandoned outside because some people think "They're rats, they can survive in the wild!" But they are not necessarily. Her name was "Hexe" - "Witch".

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-09-2006, 12:15 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Cats are Evil not cute.

Look at them all squinty eyed as if they are hatching some great plan of world domination.

http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/pinky.htm
Serves that guy right for putting a cat on a leash and calling him pinky

My cat always looks like he's king of the world with no worldly concerns whatsoever. Then he sees something moving in the garden and he switches on stealthy hunter mode and turns into a psycho killer, then he comes back all relaxed and cute again. Gotta love cats
Old 02-09-2006, 12:21 AM   #72
merely human

Psycho pussy
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far far,
better run run run run run run run awaaaaaay!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:50 AM   #73
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofa
I saw some very cute mice at the pet store yesterday. There were about twenty little mouselings in a cage, and ALL of them were trying to run on the spinny wheel. Some were running inside of the wheel, some were running on top of the wheel. Once they'd get enough momentum going they'd all stop running and hold on tight as the wheel spun them around and around and upside down. They really loved that wheel.
There is nothing more entertaining than watching a rodent run on a wheel. I could sit there and watch for hours.

I had gerbils once who had a litter of babies, and it was fun to watch them as they got bigger because they'd climb up onto the wheel... first one, and he was too small to make it go, and then another one would get on, and a third, and a fourth.... and FINALLY they were heavy enough and got the thing moving. Then mom hopped up there and started running and all the babies shot off in all directions, smacking into the sides of the aquarium.

Trep, don't buy a ferret. They're illegal in California.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #74
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Mira, has the doctor examined you yet? We need an update.
And you post it in the "Cute?" thread.

On second thought, it makes sense. Although SJH might get a tad jealous.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #75
Banned User

Saksquash have medical degree.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #76
Lazi

The thick tail of that rat in the photo above scares me ..this makes me like hamsters only because it has no tail.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:55 AM   #77

I once had Degus. They were the cutest little furry things I'd had up to that point. They're kind of like chipmunks, except without the furry tail. I thought I had two females, but one day, that assumption (or misdiagnosis on the pet shop's part) went out the door as one of them gave birth to 6 little ones. I remember being extremely happy. They were amazing climbers (we had a pretty big cage for them, with alot of wooden branches and stuff they could climb on) and they could chew right through the one-inch thick polyester bottom of the cage , so on more than one occasion I had to find all the little buggers all around the house. Then, on a freaky cold spring day, I woke up to find all of them dead in the garden (where we put their cage), and as it turns out, they weren't meant to be in this kind of climate at all (even though it was about 6 degrees celcius that night), as they were native to Chilli By then they were illegal as pets in the Netherlands, as the pet shop owner told me (he didn't even bloody apologise! stupid ****). I cried entire rivers full of tears that day.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #78
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
My cat always looks like he's king of the world with no worldly concerns whatsoever. Then he sees something moving in the garden and he switches on stealthy hunter mode and turns into a psycho killer, then he comes back all relaxed and cute again. Gotta love cats
I know! It's amazing how they can change from pet to killer in minutes.

I love my cats to death but they're losers, they really are. One in particular is a total dorkasaurus. It doesn't help that he has to wear an elizabethan collar or a sweater vest at all times to keep him from ripping his fur out (he has Trichotillomania). The other cat has a sweet tooth and gets into anything sugary or bready. He destroyed my birthday cake one year, my mother had hidden it in the basement and he found it and promptly popped it out of it's packaging and devoured a quarter of it. The jerk.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #79
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Pah. I used to have the most dopey cat who also managed to be alergic to fleas. She was wonderful ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #80

LOL, Trichotillomania? Looked it up on Wikipedia but got the impression it was a human disorder, I guess cats can be obsessive compulsive as well

I love how my cat is the total opposite of shy. My friends' cats usually duck away under a couch or chair when there are visitors (though strangely enough, they all seem to like me ), but my cat is such a total attention whore he just has to be petted by everyone who comes to visit and starts purring immediately. Probably the most social cat I've ever come across.