You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I´m Leaving...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe
Default I´m Leaving...

No, no, don´t worry, I´m not leaving you guys, I´m going to Morocco tomorrow, I´m getting serious flight-nerves! I´m all set, just have to wait now..I´m going to take a lot of photos, I´ll post them when I get back, wish me luck guys!
Old 12-14-2005, 04:44 AM   #2
Psychonaut

My assistant is going to Marakesh in February.

Have a great time

See how many Camels you can sell people for.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:51 AM   #3
Living with my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
My assistant is going to Marakesh in February.

Have a great time

See how many Camels you can sell people for.

Thank´s Lucien! We´re also planning on going to visit Marakesh, it´s a day trip, I heared it´s a wonderful city..Hope they don´t ask for how many camels they can buy my girlfriend!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Have a good time.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 AM   #5
Living with my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Have a good time.
Thank´s Fov!! I´m sure we´ll have a blast!!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:45 AM   #6

Have fun, Tobias. And don't forget to take lots and lots of pictures and share them with us.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 AM   #7
Living with my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Have fun, Tobias. And don't forget to take lots and lots of pictures and sgare them with us.
Thanks Gillie! Yep, I love photographing, It´s my biggest hobby, pity that I dont have a digi-cam, I got this camera: http://www.jjmehta.com/images/canon_eos300x_2.jpg
, don´t know what it´s called in english, it´systemkamera" in swedish. But my girlfriend is bringing her digicam, so i´ll post the photos we take with it, and mayby I scan some of the photos I take with my camera, or i´ll order them on cd aswell..
Old 12-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #8
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Good luck Tobias and enjoy the trip!

And yeah, take lots of pics.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:29 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Have fun!!! It'll be a great trip. You'll have lots to read when you get back.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:08 AM   #10
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Have a great time, Tobias!
Don't forget your ginger tablets, and kick back and enjoy your flight. Did you get a window seat, or do you know yet?
If you're not sure, you can look it up here: http://www.seatguru.com
Either way, I hope you have a great time in Morocco!

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #11
Living with my love

Thanks to all of you!!

@Melanie : Yepp, that´s what I´m afraid of, so much to read when I get back!

@Scottsie: I don´t know yet if I get a windows seat or not, is it better to get window seat, or do you start to feel sick when you look out of the window?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #12
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manelius
I don´t know yet if I get a windows seat or not, is it better to get window seat, or do you start to feel sick when you look out of the window?
I take it you've never flown at all before?
Not everyone gets sick on flights. Once off the ground flying will remind you of nothing so much as riding on a bus. Have you ever done that, and if so did that make you ill?
If you are prone to motion sickness, having a steady point of reference to focus on (such as the horizon) will help a lot. In that respect, a window seat is definitely better. Also, don't eat anything for several hours before your flight. An aisle seat can make getting to the toilet easier, but airplane toilets are tiny and there's usually a line to use them, plus you can only get up after the "Fasten Seatbelts" sign is turned off.
A couple more notes on airplane toilets-
Pee just before you get on the plane because the "Fasten Seatbelts" sign doesn't go off until you reach cruising altitude, and this can take a little while.
Forget being macho and sit down to pee. If an airplane hits just one air pocket, it will certainly hit it while you're standing over the toilet, and that messes with your aim something awful.
In 24 separate flights I've never seen anyone get sick, so chances are that you won't either. Relax, enjoy yourself, and look at all the beautiful scenery outside the window.

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #13
Living with my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
I take it you've never flown at all before?
Not everyone gets sick on flights. Once off the ground flying will remind you of nothing so much as riding on a bus. Have you ever done that, and if so did that make you ill?
If you are prone to motion sickness, having a steady point of reference to focus on (such as the horizon) will help a lot. In that respect, a window seat is definitely better. Also, don't eat anything for several hours before your flight. An aisle seat can make getting to the toilet easier, but airplane toilets are tiny and there's usually a line to use them, plus you can only get up after the "Fasten Seatbelts" sign is turned off.
A couple more notes on airplane toilets-
Pee just before you get on the plane because the "Fasten Seatbelts" sign doesn't go off until you reach cruising altitude, and this can take a little while.
Forget being macho and sit down to pee. If an airplane hits just one air pocket, it will certainly hit it while you're standing over the toilet, and that messes with your aim something awful.
In 24 separate flights I've never seen anyone get sick, so chances are that you won't either. Relax, enjoy yourself, and look at all the beautiful scenery outside the window.

Nope, first time I´ll fly! That´s why I´m so nervous..! I never get car-sick or boat-sick so I think I´ll do fine, my girlfriend on the other hand gets car-sick easily..Thank´s alot for all the tips Scott, you really have helped me alot! And you made me much more calm about flying, still a little tense though..
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #14
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manelius
Nope, first time I´ll fly! That´s why I´m so nervous..!
I was exactly the same way the first time I flew. Remind me to tell you about that flight after you get back.
Quote:
I never get car-sick or boat-sick so I think I´ll do fine, my girlfriend on the other hand gets car-sick easily.
No food and either ginger tablets or motion sickness pills for her, then. If she doesn't have a window seat, ask the flight attendant if there are any open window seats before you take off. They normally don't mind if you move around to get more comfortable.
Quote:
Thank´s alot for all the tips Scott, you really have helped me alot! And you made me much more calm about flying, still a little tense though..
I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #15

Have a nice time.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #16
merely human

Well, looks like Scottsie covered the flying part for you.

Not sure if you'll catch this before you leave, but here are some tips once you're actually in Morocco.

Once you check into your hotel take some time out to talk with the concierge and ask tons of questions -
  1. Which parts of the city should I stay away from due to crime and other types of inhospitabilities?
  2. What are some good places to eat that are within walking distance?
  3. If I'm expected to tip waiters and taxi drivers what is the usual amount?
  4. Are there pubic toilets, and if so, how clean and safe are they?
  5. Where is/are the nearest police stations and hospital in case of an emergency?
  6. Where is the embassy for my country if any problems arise?

Basically the questions you should ask are of the most pragmatic kinds, good for being streetsmart and savvy. Also, if you have any kind of valuables (jewelry, digital camera, etc.) that you may not need before going out, ask the concierge to stash them in hotel's safe. Never leave these items in your room!

Have an incredible time, tobsie! I'm quite excited for you.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #17
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Wow morroco...
Whatever you do dont buy one of those morrocan robes that the guys wear, I bought one of those and everyone kept shouting "Muhamad ali!" at me
never did find out why...

Oh! and if you go to the castle ruins ontop of the big mountian beware of the "fake tour guides", they will lock on to you, tell you its forbidden for you to use your camera because of religion, tell you a bunch of stuff (not sure if it was fake or not), and then ask you to pay them for the guide and buy their photos. and theres also guys carrying baby goats, theyll just shove it in your arms and charge you for having a photo taken with it so keep and eye out!

and have fun of course
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #18
merely human

LOL!! Can anyone here answer why Karmillo would be mistaken for a boxing legend?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #19
capsized.

I'm in the mood for doing this, so first of all: A big, fat sorry in advance..

SORRY!

Ok?
Ok.

Come back and staaaaaaaaay foooooooooor gooooooooood this time!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #20
merely human

I'd love for you to bring me back a little goat. They make excellent garbage disposal systems.