You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I'm Going To London!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Schoolgirl From Hell

Default I'm Going To London!

Finally, after trudging through the cold snowy road of Oktyaberskaya and getting into the wrong buildings looking for the damned travel agent, I am now the proud owner of one return ticket to London! Yes, people! After a lifelong dream and years of listening to my best friend Alia's tales of her visits to London, *I* am going to London myself!

*jumps and squeals*

Of course, I have to thank SJH for his help in importing me to London . I can't believe he went this far to get me there. Not only do I get to go to London, this year I get to spend Christmas with someone special!

Of course, I am dying to visit the Museum of Natural History and the Sherlock Holmes' museum, as well. What else can you guys recommend to me? Things to do in London?

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 12-08-2005, 12:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira

Of course, I am dying to visit the Museum of Natural History and the Sherlock Holmes' museum, as well. What else can you guys recommend to me? Things to do in London?
Woot! Great news!

I haven't been to London but even I know that there's one thing that you just have to do:

Ben Bowen.

It's a must stop is what I hear.

Have a great time darling...
Old 12-08-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
merely human

Seriously, Mira, I'm not surprised at all. Enjoy the holidays with your man in beautiful London.

*sigh* I still remember the times I was there myself. Loved strolling up to St. Peter's on cool rainy day, and riding the Tube, and all the cute Trep-size Minis.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Woot! Great news!

I haven't been to London but even I know that there's one thing that you just have to do:

Ben Bowen.

It's a must stop is what I hear.

Have a great time darling...

Ok, so I'll try and have fun, then.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:10 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Ben Bowen.
I've heard they're renovating that tourist destination.

(j/k)
Old 12-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #6
merely human

They are, yes. They're totally upgrading the equipment, the previous ones rusted out from being underused.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #7
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

Very cool, Mira. Ah, I remember those days when I was dating my now-hubby long distance. It was always so exciting gearing up for those romantic rendezvous. Have fun!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #8
Schoolgirl From Hell

Thanks Natalia!

But seriously, I wouldn't pin too much hope on sight-seeing. I mean, let's face it. I'm a lazy cow and I'd probably spent half of the time snoozing away, and I know that's exactly what I will be doing at SJH's place. Besides, that's what Ben did too most of the time in Moscow... he just snored the whole place down.

I guess, that's exactly what my trip to London is... in my dreams!

Tee hee... no offense, Squaresie sweetie!

Old 12-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #9
Epinionated.

I never snored! That was Amy!

Heheh.

Just give me... near two weeks to tidy up though and hide the bodies of my previous girlfriends do some shopping.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #10
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Look me up when you get here. I live 3 hours or so away from london.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 12-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #11
Epinionated.

Might be worth organising an AG'ers get together. There's a few of us about around here!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #12
Chris Barraclough

Sweet, now you get to go to Pizza Express over here and see how it compares to Russia.

And don't bother packing your shinpads, our squirrels aren't quite as nasty

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 12-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #13
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I know this one couple that's going to have a real merry christmas this year.

Enjoy the holidays Ben&Mira!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:54 PM   #14
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! You two are going to have a wonderful Christmas! Be sure and take lots of pics again for your forum buddies!

Hugs to (((Ben and Mira)))!

Lynsie
Old 12-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #15
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Squarejaw, it's a good thing you just moved into your current flat. Now you'll only have one or two layers of bachelor detritus and general schmutz to eradicate before Mira's arrival, instead of the many stratum you had at your old flat.
Seriously though, I hope y'all have a great time!

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #16
capsized.

There are cruel creatures (half wolf, half man) lurking in the streets! I've seen them on my Commodore computer (and in that 80s movie in which they even occupied the finest pr0n cinema in town).
Old 12-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #17
Citizen of Bizarro World

The only times I spent in London were, first, when I flew to Serbia, and had to wait for 20 hours on Heathrow for my next plane. So I got a day visa stamped, went and rented a hotel room, and slept straight through my stay.

The second time was when I was flying back to the States, and had to spend another 20 hours in London, so my parents arranged for me to spend the night with some family friends of theirs, and they showed me Windsor castle on the way back to the airport. So that's basically all I've seen of London.

Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 12-09-2005, 01:20 AM   #18
Chris Barraclough

Windsor castle, another place I've never been too. Some 17 year old's just been arrested for breaking into it when he was drunk so he could 'see the queen in bed'. Way to go security, good job there.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 12-09-2005, 02:20 AM   #19
Schoolgirl From Hell

@ Scott and samIamsad:

@ FGM: Thanks Lynsie! I promise I'll bring back lots of embarrassing nice pics of Ben and of course some sceneries

@ Mares: Looking good! What a cutie!

Just need to settle up some stuff, like deciding which outfit to bring (I'm such a typical girl! ), laundry and of course most importantly permission from the Dean's office to take some exams earlier since I'll be leaving the term one week earlier. I've just finished my Latin exam today... hurrah... with an A to boot! Ok, I'll try not to show off And ugh, I have to deal with two subjects I hate next week and an extra BioPhysics experiment and oh 3 three myology exams . Lucky for me, I won't be needing a visa to enter London... unlike some people Heh heh...

I'm only hoping that London won't kill me because it's freezing cold in Moscow . I'm really looking forward to this trip (and also to the inevitable cooking and cleaning up after our hero Ben). Unless, if we have role reversal here in London where Ben will do my laundry and clean up after me, instead !

I deserve a holiday where I don't have to worry about anything... at all! But I'm also debating with myself if I should bring along a couple of textbooks notebooks... I mean the last time I've actually had a real holiday was when I was... 15?

Uh oh... now I am nervous... I'll try not to run into any wolfman (can't help running into Ben because I am staying at his place).

Old 12-09-2005, 02:38 AM   #20

London -> the National Gallery, incredible, and the British Museum, pretty neat.